Adventure Island

Started by Michael2968, Mon 27/05/2013 15:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sat 15/06/2013 21:49:27
Quote from: splat44 on Sat 15/06/2013 18:06:42
Did managed with changing shapes? I'm still stuck at it!

Uziel told you where he found three of the clues...
Quote from: Uziel on Sat 15/06/2013 05:43:38
Shape-changing area:
Spoiler
I suspect we need to find all four shape clues. I've found two so far, and I think a third. The first was on the window when crossing back over the bridge. The second was on the wall when the second lift was lowered. The third (I think it's linked to this) is depicted on the lower frame of the painting in the entry area of the Mysterium. I thought the fourth might be in the book of symbols... but none of the circle ones in there work....
[close]
I thought the last one was the easiest to find..
Spoiler
The writing on the wall in the hut tells you to look behind.  What is the most obvious thing there to look behind?
[close]

Alright let's recap!
shape clues:
Spoiler
Uzielsaid about the following clues:
1) bottom of picture frame (inside mysterium)
2) on wall after elevator (down)
3) left side of hut building

If "See behind isn't third clue then the fourth clue is obviously on very first colum (top - down) on changing shaps panel.

Now my question, how to manipulate changing shapes including with throw switches according to clues (from left side)?
I certainly can't see the order here!
[close]

About hotspot office:
Spoiler
Yes, I did found that hotspot as entgirl mentioned. I also found a hotspot top right inside drawer. Why is that?
[close]

MonochromeMolly

Quote from: Uziel on Sat 15/06/2013 23:34:46
lol, I can't believe I missed that. I scoured the office looking for hotspots, and went over that 10 times.

One last question (possibly?) on the globes:
Spoiler
Firsty I assumed (thinking I was clever), that the colours correlated to the order of the colours at the base of the three number signposts around the island. Does the map in the globe room hint as to the order of the globes? I've mapped out the globes in the "map" order, and no dice. Also tried to do the colors outside, only realising that not all colours are shown, some of duplicated. Then thought about the pillars outside the room, but the colours don't seem to be in an obvious pattern.
[close]

The map isn't related to that puzzle. It has to do with the doors inside the building. Look closely. Each set of doors has a symbol on it and a color above it.

Hint:
Spoiler
The symbols aren't just symbols, they mean something. You can read them quite easily.
[close]

Spoiler:
Spoiler
Each symbol is simply a number with the mirror image of itself on the other side. Just match the number to the color above it, then place the spheres in order.
[close]

Uziel

Thanks Monochrome Molly! Can't believe I missed that... looked everywhere except there. I have all the required items for the next room, but utterly no clue about the required address....

Splat44:
Shapechanging puzzle:
Spoiler
Turn around from the puzzle, and you'll find the last clue in the most obvious place! I missed it myself at first. Once you have all four clues, it's a simple method of matching the remaining three shapes - by clicking the silver shape buttons (since the first column cannot be altered), to match the clues. Problem solved! If you still haven't found the three clues I listed, make sure all windows are down - which is all your need the 3 throw switches for.
[close]

Black Manor Office:
Spoiler
I'm guessing you haven't started this area yet? The drawer does indeed have a hotspot in the top right corner, which is required to be pressed to allow you to do something else in the drawer. Something critical in allowing you to progress further in this area.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: Uziel on Sun 16/06/2013 06:53:43
Thanks Monochrome Molly! Can't believe I missed that... looked everywhere except there. I have all the required items for the next room, but utterly no clue about the required address....

Splat44:
Shapechanging puzzle:
Spoiler
Turn around from the puzzle, and you'll find the last clue in the most obvious place! I missed it myself at first. Once you have all four clues, it's a simple method of matching the remaining three shapes - by clicking the silver shape buttons (since the first column cannot be altered), to match the clues. Problem solved! If you still haven't found the three clues I listed, make sure all windows are down - which is all your need the 3 throw switches for.
[close]

Black Manor Office:
Spoiler
I'm guessing you haven't started this area yet? The drawer does indeed have a hotspot in the top right corner, which is required to be pressed to allow you to do something else in the drawer. Something critical in allowing you to progress further in this area.
[close]

My goodness how I missed this!

You said you finshed fantasia?

I'm stuck here for quite some time!

Spoiler
Yes, I'm inside Gods temple and I know I have right symbols placement according to element (found from school and fro, spell book and I double check this few times)
Starting lower left and going clockwise the elements are: Earth, air fire and water.
Fire are lite in each basin

It seem that I need doing something else as to getting actual elements or something!
Can explain where I can find those?
I know water seem to have something to do with well but a container seem to be needed.
[close]

Maze:
Spoiler
I also got silver thing including some code shown on sphere, were there other thing I missed here?
You also mention something about hourglasses, I did carefull plan my route so to locate the other one but couldn't find a thing, can explain more on this?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 16/06/2013 09:21:13

Spoiler
Yes, I'm inside Gods temple and I know I have right symbols placement according to element (found from school and fro, spell book and I double check this few times)
Starting lower left and going clockwise the elements are: Earth, air fire and water.

It seem that I need doing something else as to getting actual elements or something!
I know water seem to have something to do with well but a container seem to be needed.
[close]
The large inscription on the passage wall gives you the necessary clue..

Spoiler
each god needs the appropriate element in its bowl, earth for the earth god, etc.  All the items you need are available in the temple or its surrounds.
[close]
Maze:
Spoiler
I also got silver thing including some code shown on sphere, were there other thing I missed here?
You also mention something about hourglasses, I did carefull plan my route so to locate the other one but couldn't find a thing, can explain more on this?
[close]
In the maze..
Spoiler
the second hourglass in the centre of the maze.  You have to get from one to the other before the sand runs out!
[close]

It's funny how one can hide something in plain view - people are so used to seeing web addresses everywhere they don't notice them anymore!
Spoiler
The address you need appears in three similar places, near the start of the game.
[close]

Uziel

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 16/06/2013 09:21:13You said you finshed fantasia?
Yep, finished all areas, except for what I think is the final room.

Temple of the Elements:
Spoiler
Right order, and assuming you have the symbols right, then the only thing remaining is the correct offering for each god. The god of fire would like some fiery oil of course, whilst the god of air wants... well.. air (so nothing). The gods of earth and water want their own offerings, akin to their own elements. Both of which can be found just outside the temple.. near the well. You do need something to carry the water... check the storeroom.
[close]

Maze:
Spoiler
Sounds like you got everything except for the second hourglass. I carefully went through the entire maze and it sounds like the only place you may not have gone is past the big tree. You can go left and right, but also forwards (mind you, I think you had to go left or right, then turn to go forwards around the tree. This is where the hourglass is. After finding it, I went back to the start and redid it in record time before the sands ran out (not sure who necessary this was).
[close]

Uziel

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 16/06/2013 09:32:16It's funny how one can hide something in plain view - people are so used to seeing web addresses everywhere they don't notice them anymore!

Lol, that's so true!  :grin:
I did see the first "extremely obvious" WWW, but I'll go put on my detective hunt and forage around some more. Thanks again Elen. :)

edit: Oh how ridiculously easy. I did see those right at the beginning, and just forgot about the URL itself, in place of the larger/primary text, which I did make a note of (luckily, it seems).

Tinytim

I only need one more ball. I assume I have to get an item from/relating to
Spoiler
each pirate
[close]
. How?        Okay found the hotspot
If somebody says they know all the answers, they haven't been asked all the questions.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tinytim on Thu 06/06/2013 16:56:25
I understood all that from the book but where and how do you
Spoiler
draw the sigil
[close]
?

I'm stuck at the same place. There are no hostpots on that machine, you can't use any inventory item, nowhere to enter the incantation or draw the sigil, etc. I don't even see a starting point or something to experiment with.

SHADOW

MonochromeMolly

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 16/06/2013 19:44:24
Quote from: Tinytim on Thu 06/06/2013 16:56:25
I understood all that from the book but where and how do you
Spoiler
draw the sigil
[close]
?

I'm stuck at the same place. There are no hostpots on that machine, you can't use any inventory item, nowhere to enter the incantation or draw the sigil, etc. I don't even see a starting point or something to experiment with.

SHADOW

You CAN use an inventory item...on another inventory item.

Hint:
Spoiler
Specifically, the wand and the book.
[close]

Spoiler:
Spoiler
Turn the book to the page on colour magic and use the wand on the sigil there.
[close]

Quote from: Uziel on Sun 16/06/2013 09:43:49

Lol, that's so true!  :grin:
I did see the first "extremely obvious" WWW, but I'll go put on my detective hunt and forage around some more. Thanks again Elen. :)

edit: Oh how ridiculously easy. I did see those right at the beginning, and just forgot about the URL itself, in place of the larger/primary text, which I did make a note of (luckily, it seems).

I forgot about it as well. I knew I was going to feel dense once I had the answer!

Now if only I could figure out how to open the door to the control center. I tried loading a save and watching the pattern as he entered it, but I can't follow it.

Shadow1000

Quote from: MonochromeMolly on Sun 16/06/2013 19:56:25
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Sun 16/06/2013 19:44:24

SHADOW

You CAN use an inventory item...on another inventory item.

Hint:
Spoiler
Specifically, the wand and the book.
[close]

Spoiler:
Spoiler
Turn the book to the page on colour magic and use the wand on the sigil there.
[close]
Thank you. I honestly don't know how anyone was supposed to realistically figure that out, even now that I know the solution.

I appreciate your help; I can now continue.

Thank you

SHADOW

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 16/06/2013 09:32:16

Spoiler

[close]
The large inscription on the passage wall gives you the necessary clue..

Spoiler
each god needs the appropriate element in its bowl, earth for the earth god, etc.  All the items you need are available in the temple or its surrounds.
[close]
Maze:
Spoiler
[close]
In the maze..
Spoiler
the second hourglass in the centre of the maze.  You have to get from one to the other before the sand runs out!
[close]

It's funny how one can hide something in plain view - people are so used to seeing web addresses everywhere they don't notice them anymore!
Spoiler
The address you need appears in three similar places, near the start of the game.
[close]

hourglass
Spoiler
I know where other hourglass which I believe is same area where we read some writing on a stone, what's should happen here? As soon I step on pavement, I see a hotspot on it but cannot do a thing and I did move as quickly as I can getting here! Yes, also did turn on the one from start.
[close]

meg$ta

I have played almost every AGS game(it seems like), and this one is by far one of my favorites!! I enjoyed the length (worked on it for a couple hours every night, and took me about 3 days) great puzzles, good graphics and scripting (only encountered one bug) and really enjoyed it! Wanted to tell you Congrats! Best game I have played in quite a while! Let me know if you have any others I'd love to give them a try. :grin:
meg$ta

elentgirl

Now if only I could figure out how to open the door to the control center. I tried loading a save and watching the pattern as he entered it, but I can't follow it.
HINT
Spoiler
Look at the arrangement of the buttons and then at the Wall of Fame.  Do you see a resemblance?  That might help you find the order.
[close]

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 16/06/2013 21:09:27
hourglass
Spoiler
I know where other hourglass which I believe is same area where we read some writing on a stone, what's should happen here? As soon I step on pavement, I see a hotspot on it but cannot do a thing and I did move as quickly as I can getting here! Yes, also did turn on the one from start.
[close]
It is a matter of speed..
Spoiler
if you get to the second hourglass in time, pressing the button on it produces a result.  But if you can't get there quickly enough, just keep trying.  Your patience will be rewarded.
[close]

Quote from: meg$ta on Sun 16/06/2013 21:47:29
I have played almost every AGS game(it seems like), and this one is by far one of my favorites!! I enjoyed the length (worked on it for a couple hours every night, and took me about 3 days) great puzzles, good graphics and scripting (only encountered one bug) and really enjoyed it! Wanted to tell you Congrats! Best game I have played in quite a while! Let me know if you have any others I'd love to give them a try. :grin:
I'm pleased you enjoyed the game.  It would be much appreciated if you would rate the game on the AGS Games page and maybe add a comment to encourage others to try the game.
I have posted another AGS game, about five years ago, called Once Upon A Time.  I forgot to put my name in the 'people who worked on this game' slot so it does not show up on the Adventure Island entry, and I can't edit the original entry.  I fear that the link to that game may have been corrupted, but if you would like to try it, you can download it from: https://www.box.com/shared/gbozribk04
Don't expect too much from it. I learnt a lot from the responses of people who tried it and I think my new game is much, much better.

MonochromeMolly

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 16/06/2013 22:31:02
HINT
Spoiler
Look at the arrangement of the buttons and then at the Wall of Fame.  Do you see a resemblance?  That might help you find the order.
[close]

I can see that there 3 4x4 grids of game covers and 3 4x4 grids of buttons below. But I'm not seeing what to do with that.

Side note: my goodness you've played a lot of adventure games. Some of those even I haven't played.

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Sun 16/06/2013 22:31:02
HINT
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: splat44 on Sun 16/06/2013 21:09:27
hourglass
Spoiler
[close]
It is a matter of speed..
Spoiler
if you get to the second hourglass in time, pressing the button on it produces a result.  But if you can't get there quickly enough, just keep trying.  Your patience will be rewarded.
[close]

Quote from: meg$ta on Sun 16/06/2013 21:47:29
I'm pleased you enjoyed the game.  It would be much appreciated if you would rate the game on the AGS Games page and maybe add a comment to encourage others to try the game.
I have posted another AGS game, about five years ago, called Once Upon A Time.  I forgot to put my name in the 'people who worked on this game' slot so it does not show up on the Adventure Island entry, and I can't edit the original entry.  I fear that the link to that game may have been corrupted, but if you would like to try it, you can download it from: https://www.box.com/shared/gbozribk04
Don't expect too much from it. I learnt a lot from the responses of people who tried it and I think my new game is much, much better.

Maze
Spoiler
it's solved
[close]

Getting into house
Spoiler
So far I have 6 balls and cannot get dog mansion, I don't know but I suspect I need doing something inside area where parrot is (building with many door), it's seem that I putting on locket inside cage, if it not that then what what else I need being doing for getting into house?{/hide]
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: MonochromeMolly on Mon 17/06/2013 03:15:48
I can see that there 3 4x4 grids of game covers and 3 4x4 grids of buttons below. But I'm not seeing what to do with that.

Side note: my goodness you've played a lot of adventure games. Some of those even I haven't played.

I haven't played all the games on the wall of fame, though I have played quite a few.  I tried to get as broad a selection of adventure games as I could.  And they are the clue....
Spoiler
Somewhere else in the game there are games on display - with numbers!
[close]

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 17/06/2013 08:06:35
Getting into house
Spoiler
So far I have 6 balls and cannot get dog mansion, I don't know but I suspect I need doing something inside area where parrot is (building with many door), it's seem that I putting on locket inside cage, if it not that then what what else I need being doing for getting into house?{/hide]
[close]
I think you are at the wrong end of the central tower...
Spoiler
You are clearly in the ship's cabin, which is all about pirates but nothing to do with Black Dog manor.  Try the other end of the tower and you will find a room with links to the manor.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Mon 17/06/2013 14:20:51
Quote from: MonochromeMolly on Mon 17/06/2013 03:15:48

I haven't played all the games on the wall of fame, though I have played quite a few.  I tried to get as broad a selection of adventure games as I could.  And they are the clue....
Spoiler
Somewhere else in the game there are games on display - with numbers!
[close]

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 17/06/2013 08:06:35
Getting into house
Spoiler
[close]
I think you are at the wrong end of the central tower...
Spoiler
You are clearly in the ship's cabin, which is all about pirates but nothing to do with Black Dog manor.  Try the other end of the tower and you will find a room with links to the manor.
[close]

Manor:
Spoiler
I know two other hotpots (top righ inside drawer and on picture frame) inside office. I recall reading uziel comment's escaping attic and it seem he were able getting into manor. I still get a message "I need a reason before", tried climbing tree and still. What else I need to be doing?
[close]

elentgirl

Quote from: splat44 on Mon 17/06/2013 17:14:30
Manor:
Spoiler
I know two other hotpots (top righ inside drawer and on picture frame) inside office. I recall reading uziel comment's escaping attic and it seem he were able getting into manor. I still get a message "I need a reason before", tried climbing tree and still. What else I need to be doing?
[close]

In the office..
Spoiler
you have to read the newspaper on the desk.  There is information in the paper that gives Annie an idea for getting into the manor.  If you replay this section and skip re-reading the paper, you will not get into the manor.
[close]

splat44

Quote from: elentgirl on Mon 17/06/2013 22:25:12
Quote from: splat44 on Mon 17/06/2013 17:14:30
Manor:
Spoiler
[close]

In the office..
Spoiler
you have to read the newspaper on the desk.  There is information in the paper that gives Annie an idea for getting into the manor.  If you replay this section and skip re-reading the paper, you will not get into the manor.
[close]

Manor..
Spoiler
strange, I read the newspaper several at the beginning of game and I guess I had to do other things in game before. Ok, I'm the manor, found half of amulet, three hotspots here (on clock and coat of arm and grandfather clock hallwa).
Attic room, found hidden place I put half of amulet, hotspots (door which can't be closes and on roof hole).

Other than other half of amulet, is there other thing I need doing here? If not then it back to office in which my next question isd on where to find clue toward safe
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk