Colour scheme test

Started by WHAM, Sun 14/09/2014 13:49:02

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Here is a link to a gallery with 4 colour schemes (A, B, C and D), please rank them to your order of preference (focus on readability, ie: which one you feel would be the most comfortable to read text off of).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8ljvaur6h0lk3yf/AAC6roVfCVMCEhhmlyaJdc_Va?dl=0#/

Cheers in advance!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Tabata

Cassiebsg

A D B C (I'm bias to blue, and the red and green hurt my eyes at first glance).
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Ghost

selmiak

D (with a white font), A/C, B

bicilotti

Tabby has a smiley for everything :cheesy:
A C B D

Crimson Wizard

Readability:
A, B, C, D.

Emotional:
A - thoughtful sci-fi game
B - mysterious sci-fi game
C - wargame
D - depressive (horror?) wargame

WHAM

Theme-wise, I was going to go with B or D, but since the project idea I now have requires a LOT of reading, it looks like I'll be working off of concept A from here, as it seems that almost everyone finds it most comfortable to view.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

Ghost

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 14/09/2014 16:17:41
it looks like I'll be working off of concept A from here, as it seems that almost everyone finds it most comfortable to view.

There's just something about blue. It's soothing and goes with everything- good choice (nod)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ghost on Sun 14/09/2014 17:02:32
Quote from: WHAM on Sun 14/09/2014 16:17:41
it looks like I'll be working off of concept A from here, as it seems that almost everyone finds it most comfortable to view.

There's just something about blue. It's soothing and goes with everything- good choice (nod)
Actually it is also boring because of that :).

This scheme was used since days of DOS (and before):
Spoiler

[close]

Eric

What you need for readability is a high degree of contrast between your figure and your ground (i.e. your letters and your background). You can do this with brightness, hue, and saturation. That's why A works best (followed, in my estimation, by C).

WHAM

Bright green on black has always been my go-to colour scheme and I've always found it very readable and well-contrasted. Not many people agree for some reason... :/

CaptainD

Quote from: WHAM on Sun 14/09/2014 19:06:53
Bright green on black has always been my go-to colour scheme and I've always found it very readable and well-contrasted. Not many people agree for some reason... :/

Ah, the classic display settings of terminals for many years... in the years before everyone had their own PC at work! :-D

Mandle

WHAM

abstauber

ACDB for me. But for some reasons I like the VirtualBoy/Terminator scheme a lot, it's just not easy on the eyes.

Ghost

Another nice and readable colour sheme that you didn't try out:

[imgzoom]http://iwatcher.net/shot/af3f122e0509b6ffc5d51f061c12a584-320x480.png[/imgzoom]

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Ghost on Mon 15/09/2014 13:30:26
Another nice and readable colour sheme that you didn't try out:
Also, with less contrast, "Bespin theme" as in Notepad++:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk