Broken Windows - Chapter 3

Started by ddavey1983, Sat 20/03/2021 21:58:47

Previous topic - Next topic

ddavey1983

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2522-broken-windows-chapter-3

You are inexperienced Police Constable Jack Burton, still in pursuit of the Frownthorpe Ripper as the sleepy town begins to resemble a police state. It looks like you might have hunted him down. But is all as it seems?

This is the third episode of a humorous four-part point and click adventure game inspired by the Police Quest series (albeit with no dead ends or deaths!)

Broken Windows Chapter 1 was chosen as a Pick of the Month on the AGS website for March 2020 and nominated for Best Game and Best Puzzles at the 2020 AGS Awards.
Broken Windows Chapter 2 was nominated for Best Freeware Game in the 2020 AGS Awards.

Now play the eagerly-awaited (I imagine) penultimate installment! Now with quieter points jingle as standard!

Hope you enjoy it! Please let me know if you come across any bugs. I've tested it extensively but there's always the chance I've missed something.

Intense Degree

Hey Cool! Recently played the first 2 for award nominations etc. and very much looking forward to continuing the saga.  :)

EDIT:

Finished it and had a great time. I love the tone/atmosphere mixed with the Police Quest sort of 'boring' puzzles. It's actually inspired me to blow the dust off a game I haven't worked on for a few years so thanks for an enjoyable game and some much needed inspiration!   (laugh)

SarahLiz

I. Am. So. Excited.

I know EXACTLY what I’m doing tomorrow on my day off now (happy dance)!

EjectedStar

Just finished Episode 1 of Broken Windows, loved the Police Quest vibes.  Downloading this and episode 2 tonight!  Congrats on the release!

SarahLiz

I’m not very far into the game, but the humor is already one of my favorite things about itâ€"just like in the previous installments.  Geoff is obviously Keith part deaux, lol. 

I put a question in the hints & tips forum...apologies in advance if it’s something obvious that I’m missing...

ddavey1983

Thank you to everyone who’s downloaded and left comments (and to everyone who hasn’t!). Hope you’re all enjoying it. Fourth (and final) instalment currently in the planning phase.

Shadow1000

I finished the game last night and my comments are similar to those of the previous two chapters:

- Great graphics, great story, really funny.
- Good puzzle design. I am happy that I was able to complete the game without help. Some of the puzzles took some thinking but I got through them.
- I need to see what happens next!!

Cbeers

heltenjon

Downloaded and looking forward to playing...I'll probably jump on this one right after the deadline for the awards.

sthomannch

Played the whole trilogy. Well done, reminds me of Police Quest. Immersive, some really funny parts (I liked especially the scene behind the church). Some scenes felt like out of a Mr Bean episode (Phyllis). Glad to hear that you work on part IV.

heltenjon

For some reason, this one has gathered dust in my 2021 folder since I downloaded it, waiting for its day...and yesterday I started, playing the first segment (Phyllis and the cookies). And I instantly love it. I guess I will have to find a place for this one, too, in my much-amended nominations.  (nod) I will probably post again after completing it.

heltenjon

I finished it, for once with full points and not needing to replay to search for the extras.  (nod) This one was just as fun as the two first in the series. Excellent writing, puzzle design, lovable characters and an intriguing plot. It's amazing that you manage so effortlessly to make the game so humorous while at the same time exciting and grisly. The graphics are still very PQ, with lots of animations to gawk at. Perhaps there was a bit many cut scenes this time around? I honestly didn't mind. Great entertainment.

This one should definitely have been in the FYC thread.

Cassiebsg

@ddavey1983, please check your PMs. (hoping you are monitoring this thread for replies)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk