MAGS September "Sometimes Evil Wins" (VOTING)

Started by Stupot, Fri 02/09/2022 05:39:51

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS September?

The Stinker by Slasher
2 (13.3%)
Siren by GOC Games
7 (46.7%)
Unfair by ZapZap
6 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Fri 21/10/2022 02:03:09

adanior

Eh. I'm also not sure about the tone of the game right now. I'm talking about deadly serious subject matter, but in a really irreverent writing style that I can't help but write in. I can't tell if this thing is dark satire, or a cautionary thing, or an incoherent mixture of both. I may be on the lookout for playtesters who could help me with and specifically suggest changes to the writing, but that would require me to get the game done in two weeks.

Slasher

Hi,

My game is going well, though I have also been developing my number 2 son's eCommerce website so I have been busy with that.

I have completed 2 of 4 chapters and I am on course, though I will need to work extra hard....

Finger's crossed  (laugh)

lapsking

I enjoyed your previous MAGS game Slasher, it was very calming but alas, always just as you find peace then comes the chaos. Looking forward to play it.
the Thing is in the process, and mostly gone when it's done.

Slasher

Quote from: lapsking on Thu 15/09/2022 11:14:58
I enjoyed your previous MAGS game Slasher, it was very calming but alas, always just as you find peace then comes the chaos. Looking forward to play it.
Being evil does not come easy to me so I have given it a reason...

adanior

Glad to see you working on another MAGS entry Slasher. Your premise from earlier sounded interesting and your previous game was great.

I'm also relieved as I was a little worried that without my potentially controversial evil president game (that I've halted development on, because I just found the subject matter and research to be too depressing) there'd be no competition for ZapZap's courtroom game this month.

I might see if I can put out a completely different, (and necessarily tiny) game over the next week and a half. Thing is, I just don't have as many good ideas as I thought I would.

lapsking

Don't bring your games down moraux. Nobody knows what he/she is exactly making in the first game usually, at least I didn't have a clue. But despite how it will turn out it's a good start and good practice. Only on my second game I'm taking it a bit serious.
the Thing is in the process, and mostly gone when it's done.

Slasher

I understand where moraux is coming from.

When something is controversial you get arguments from both sides...

ZapZap's courtroom drama could be a hit if the storyline is strong..The graphics look good..

And moraux's ideas seem fine in this time of much Political correctness... Again, it may seem very controversial but then life is controversial. The graphics look good.

My Game is based on a form of evil in the disguise of revenge...It is titled The Stinker.

Mandle

Love that title, Slasher. I'm chipping away little by little at a potential entry, but I doubt it will see the light of day. If it did it would probably burst into flames anyway.

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 15/09/2022 15:58:33
Love that title, Slasher. I'm chipping away little by little at a potential entry, but I doubt it will see the light of day. If it did it would probably burst into flames anyway.

You gave me the idea Mandle ;)

I would like to see a game from you Mandle, Great balls of fire  (laugh)

Slasher

Hi,

Well, I'v managed to add all the elements of Chapter 3... now I have to connect all the dots by adding Interactions and dialogs to make it complete....

Then on to Chapter 4....Hope I hold up  (laugh)

Mandle

Spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out converting 1D array into 2D and putting that up on the screen in graphics. Getting close, but still not quite there.

Damn, AGS, this was supported pretty well on the C64. WTF?

Slasher

Hi,

Well, I'v started to add all the elements of Chapter 4...I should finish my game on time, if I don't get side tracked.

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 18/09/2022 15:32:03Spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to figure out converting 1D array into 2D and putting that up on the screen in graphics. Getting close, but still not quite there.

Damn, AGS, this was supported pretty well on the C64. WTF?

I know what you mean mate... There are times when things take a bit longer than first anticipated. Hope you figure out your problem soon.

The Stinker What appeared to be simple turns out to be more complex then expected. I hope to have Chapter 4's mechanics finished by Friday. Then I can start adding elements like objects etc... Meanwhile I shall truck on with baited breath...

I just wish we could have a Tree Node Zoom as well like the Page Scripts in the Editor...I need stronger glasses...

Good luck to everyone  (nod)

ZapZap

I've been heavily procrastinating for the last 5-6 days.
Still I'm gonna try and finish 'something' before the end of the month.
Hope you guys are doing better than me!
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Slasher

Quote from: ZapZap on Thu 22/09/2022 17:48:38I've been heavily procrastinating for the last 5-6 days.
Still I'm gonna try and finish 'something' before the end of the month.
Yes, nose to the grindstone time with only about 9 days to go..

Meanwhile, The Stinker Chapter 4 has all the mechanics finished and I have been adding objects with puzzles etc etc...I should be on course to finish on time...

ddavey1983

I'm working on something. I've done enough now that there'll be something ready to go by the deadline. How much is another matter...

Slasher

Quote from: ddavey1983 on Sat 24/09/2022 19:58:48I'm working on something. I've done enough now that there'll be something ready to go by the deadline. How much is another matter...
Well, as long as it works OK it's good to go...

Meanwhile, The Stinker (4 Chapters) is basically finished. Now it's heartbreaking time of testing and tweaking... Please be gentle  (roll)

Hope everyone else is still in the race  (nod)

Slasher

The Stinker

4 Chapters of damage and chaos!

"It is said, that evil comes from within the heart of man himself."

"Albert Tinker is known in Sleepyville as 'The Stinker'. Townfolks played pranks on him and made his life a misery chanting 'Tinker Stinker! Tinker Stinker!" 

"Now that Albert is very rich and is a key member of SWAMP he wants to extract revenge on all of Sleepyville."

Revenge can sometimes be sweet...................

Countdown to release ;)

Slasher

The Stinker[
4 Chapters of chaos and destruction... Coming very soon.....

heltenjon

Is that the same guy with four different hair colours? Colour me intrigued.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk