The Night Falls - A Community Roleplaying Game

Started by WHAM, Mon 22/08/2022 20:45:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Given the shape and bright pattern on the tower I'd say it's a control tower for an airstrip.

Ian Aloser

cat

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 12/11/2022 23:41:37> Ask her what this place is and why she is trying to break into it.
+1

WHAM

> Ask her what this place is and why she is trying to break into it.

You glance up at the looming tower, then step closer to the door to shelter from the rain.

"So, what exactly is this place?" -you ask. "And why are you trying to break in?"

Shoshana smirks at you. She still has that same smile and that same glow in her eyes you recall from your shared youth. She's on an adventure.

"You don't know? Really? And here I thought you'd become an all-around proper Autumnscreek local by now!" She nods her head at the door. "This is the home of the mayor of Autumnscreek, one mister Lucas Leimer, who happens to be very surely not here tonight. Remember what I said about a big payday when we talked? This place is it, sis! We can make it big, and we can do it together!"

She sounded especially excited about that last part.

"I pulled some strings for us and got it on good authority there is a safe inside, somewhere. Probably in an office or a work room or something like that. We find it, open it, and we'll be far gone before anyone ever finds out!" She looks at you with those bright eyes of hers, as if expecting something.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Utterly untrustworthy. Pending removal to memory hole.

cat

Quote from: WHAM on Thu 17/11/2022 18:50:08This place is it, sis!

Nice  :)

Other than that, it sounds like a really stupid idea.

heltenjon

>Tell her you're out. Go home and eat biscuits.

>Ask her excitedly what kind of safe it is, a bit more calmly what riches she expects to find, and business-like what alarm systems this place is supposed to have.

Mandle

> Take out your moral compass and look at it to decide if this is an adventure you want to be a part of, or if you just want to take your sister back home and make her a nice cup of tea and talk about a few issues.

mkennedy

> Try to talk her out of it by telling her horror stories of all the awful stuff that happened to you in prison
or
> show her your multitool.

Ian Aloser

> Base my decision on what is best for fulfilling our mission

Mandle

> If she seems determined to go through with this with or without you, just sigh and ask what you should do to help.

Mandle

cat

I'm really having a hard time deciding what to do.

In real life I would just
Quote from: Mandle on Fri 18/11/2022 06:35:34want to take your sister back home and make her a nice cup of tea and talk about a few issues.

But then the game would be basically over. Unless we stumble in an alien abduction on our way back or something.

Going in there would give us some great puzzles to solve but have us certainly either end up in jail or dead.

Ian Aloser

....I'm really having a hard time deciding what to do
Same with me...
I think it's time to find out more about the mission

>Tell my sister about the mission
>Inventory
+1

cat

Isn't the mission what our sister wants to do (i.e. breaking in)?

Ian Aloser

Quote from the Prologue:
You've got something important to do. Something only you can do. Something you've done before, of course, so surely it won't be a big deal.
Just a job. A Mission.

heltenjon

Quote from: heltenjon on Fri 18/11/2022 00:40:28>Tell her you're out. Go home and eat biscuits.

>Ask her excitedly what kind of safe it is, a bit more calmly what riches she expects to find, and business-like what alarm systems this place is supposed to have.

I know I can't give myself a +1, but come on people! Let's do some breaking and entering!  8-)

Ian Aloser

Ok , all in
>Ask her excitedly what kind of safe it is, a bit more calmly what riches she expects to find, and business-like what alarm systems this place is supposed to have
+1

lorenzo

Quote from: Ian Aloser on Wed 30/11/2022 10:22:18Ok , all in
>Ask her excitedly what kind of safe it is, a bit more calmly what riches she expects to find, and business-like what alarm systems this place is supposed to have
+1
++1
(+2?)

Mandle

> Kneel down next to the door, smile up at your sister while you pull out your multitool, and then put on your serious face and get to work picking the lock.

Stupot

+1 for breaking in and getting the party started.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk