Edit: I went through the list myself and came up with
Gongbot (Greek)
Challenge of the Tentacle
The Excavation of Hob's Barrow
Tres Acordes (Spanish)
SPHONX
Grandma Badass
Beyond The Edge Of Owlsgard

In addition, Azazel's Christmas Adventure is marked with voice work, but there isn't any in the trailer. I haven't played it yet.
And Steamed Games:  The Graphic Adventure has the voices from the original Simpsons show and clearly isn't eligible in this context.

cat

The first nominations are in already. How are you getting along with playing and rating the games?

cat

cat

Two days left and only 21 people have nominated so far  8-0

We need more nominations to have a result with some significance.
A game needs to have at least 5 votes to be nominated. Currently, this does not apply for a single game for Best Character and Best Short game.

heltenjon

Quote from: cat on Fri 24/02/2023 16:30:53Two days left and only 21 people have nominated so far  8-0

We need more nominations to have a result with some significance.
A game needs to have at least 5 votes to be nominated. Currently, this does not apply for a single game for Best Character and Best Short game.
8-0  8-0  :(

Perhaps people are not aware that you don't have to do it all at once? You can send in, and then amend the list later.

I added five more games to my short game list in the hopes that it will help.

FransisKransis

I'm operating in the eleventh hour as always over here- but I've just submitted my picks! Perhaps more last minute voters shall follow?

lorenzo

With the forums down, I forgot to add more votes! Fixing it now! :cheesy:

cat

Thanks for the additional votes! If the forum downtime caused trouble - would a week extension help?

AGA

@cat want me to extend the deadline by a week?  I think it'd make sense under the circumstances.

Snarky

Personally I would certainly appreciate that.

cat

@AGA Yes, please. I think another week won't delay it too much and might bring a few more votes.

cat

Last few days!

@AGA Could you please update the date in the banner?

Snarky

It's not actually possible to submit any nominations, either.

AGA

That's because I completely forgot about this thread, sorry!  I've extended the end date to 9th March.

cat

*Bump*

Don't forget to nominate, only a few days left!

Snarky

Is it just me or is there a notably high number of commercial titles this last year? I think I counted 16 titles that require payment to play (though many also provide demos), in addition to a number that are offered under pay-what-you-want schemes. If someone wants to try them all, it starts to add up!

(Personally I solve this by only considering commercial titles for nomination if they are games I would buy in any case. Also, if a game or demo is only available in a Windows build and only on Steam, then it won't let me install it even though I could almost certainly get it to run on my Mac, so that's out as well.)

heltenjon

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 07/03/2023 13:08:57Is it just me or is there a notably high number of commercial titles this last year?

Quote(Personally I solve this by only considering commercial titles for nomination if they are games I would buy in any case.
It certainly is a lot. I solve it by watching videos before nominating. One can get a feel for art, animation or voice acting just by doing that, though I would be hesitant to actually votefor a game that I had not played. So I guess I'll binge play some commercial titles in the interrim between nomination and voting deadlines.

Kini Games

At the 11th hour, I've finally submitted my nominations.

Thanks for the extension.

Snarky

Last minute point of order: For commercial games, the Games DB allows devs to provide a separate demo link. So are commercial games eligible for the "best demo" category if they have a demo (released in 2022), even if it's not a separate entry in the DB?

This would concern these commercial titles:

Beyond The Edge Of Owlsgard (demo 21. March)
Captain Hook and the Lost Girl (demo 7. July)
Gongbot (demo 2. May)
Graceward - Complete Edition (release demo 26. December)
Grandma Badass (release demo 22. November; there was a preview demo in 2020; I haven't compared it, but the file size of the final demo is 8 times bigger)
Snow Problem (demo 11. May)
SPHONX (demo 27. May)

But presumably not these, for which the demos were released before 2022:

Nightmare Frames (demo 2021)
Rock 'n' Roll Will Never Die! (demo 2021; but final release demo may be different?)
Superego, Chapter 1+2 (Chapter 0 / demo 2019)

And not these, which don't have demos at all:

Autumn of Death: Black Friday II (no demo)
Azazel's Christmas Fable (no demo)
GIGANT (no demo)
Huggles Goes On A Trip! (apparently no demo, even though there is a demo link on the games page)
Perfect Tides (no demo)
Personal Rocket (no demo)
The Excavation of Hob's Barrow (no demo)

cat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk