MAGS February “Make a Demo” (Result)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/02/2023 09:21:14

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS February?

Police Quest 4 SCI(ish) Demo by GOC Games
0 (0%)
Splendor Solis (demo) by tbook
7 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: Fri 17/03/2023 06:40:21

tbook

Uff got it on time! (I think, at least in my timezone  :confused: )

Splendor Solis (demo)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/oltzx4mfga7xrwh/Splendor_Solis_%25231.rar/file

Poland after a nuclear catastrophe. You will play as three characters (only one in demo version), inhabitants of the Guild. The Guild, ruled by the Governor is falling apart. The Governor is sick and he brings his people down with him. This is not the only problem, as foreigners inflirtate and watch the Guild. You will need to uncover the secrets of the falling ruler as Raula, his woman. You will need to defend your people as Damian, Hyena, a scavenger, and last but not least you will need to battle cowardice and uncover the secret plans of the foreigners as Jacob, a Rat.

It's chaotic, I know, sorry for mistakes, this is my first project I share, certainly too big of an idea for my current capabilieties haha

Stupot

Time to vote for your favourite demo:

(Vote using the poll above)
Police Quest 4 SCI(ish) Demo
by GOC Games
Splendor Solis (demo)
by tbook

ddavey1983

Just played Splendor Solis. Really enjoyed it. There's a few rough edges (unhandled events, still getting a negative message when trying to take photo when the men have gone and when entering the auditorium at the end) but I liked the puzzles and the atmosphere. Looking forward to the full game!

tbook

Thank you for playing @ddavey1983  :) these are my beginnings with coding so logics and best way on how to do things is still foreign to me.
Before pushing on with Splendor Solis I want to try and make some smaller games, we will see what will happen

Shadow1000

I'm glad to see some entries this month! I just voted

Police Quest 4 SCI(ish) Demo by GOC Games
Spoiler
This reminds me of many hours spent in the late 80s on text based adventure games, trying to figure out what words the parser recognizes to make slow progress in the game. However, other than "look" and "talk" I spent as much time as I had patience for. I spoke to the other characters and looked at the body and couldn't find anything to do past that
[close]

Splendor Solis (demo) by tbook
Spoiler
Awesome first game! Only after playing for a while I realized that it was part of a bigger story. Overall, good gameplay and cool closeup character art. Puzzles and things to do are pretty good. I have to admit that I spent a disproportionate amount of time getting rid of the hyenas because I didn't notice a certain item. My suggestion is to not have SO many hotspots with descriptions that are not part of the gameplay. I felt that I was clicking and reading dozens of items that are irrelevant for every item that does pertain to the game
[close]

My vote went to
Spoiler
Splendor Solis because I was able to play it and complete it and I had a pretty good time doing so
[close]

Stupot

Stupot

The winner of MAGS February is Splendor Solis demo by tbook.

Keep an eye out for tbook's chosen theme in MAGS April.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk