What do you do when your nervous?

Started by Squinky, Fri 14/01/2005 04:57:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Well, if it's nervous as in "anxious" or "afraid", I tend to stutter and scratch myself a lot. HARD.

If I'm VERY nervous, I shake all over, instead.

If it's nervous as in "angry", I get all red inside. I try and keep a lid on it, but my fists WILL clench and I have the urge to hit SOMETHING real hard, even if it's just my head against the nearest wall.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Babar

Argghhh... I hate it when I get embarrassed or angry. My ears turn a very noticeable dark red shade. I have no way to control it either, and someone ALWAYS comments on it.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Sylpher

I don't really have any nervous habits, but when I am nervous/scared I get cotton mouth like nobody's business. Living in a place in constant need of hydration I usually have a water bottle not too far so it isn't that big of a problem.

Goldmund

I get diarrhoea.
If I have enough time, that is.

Another thing I do when I get nervous are push-ups.
I'm not very strong, so I do series of 15. But on nervous times I can amount to 45 push-ups a day!
After the push-ups I get calm instantly and at least I have some advantage from a stresfull situation.
If my life continues to be shitty, I'll look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in no time.

Domino

When i get nervous and i am at home, i try to do things that will occupy my mind and not let me think about being nervous.

I really enjoy playing my console games when i get nervous.  For some reason just sitting down and playing games really calms me down, plus i have alot of fun doing it. 

I've noticed that by playing the Sims on PC or Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 that my nervousness totally goes away.

Without these, i become sort of shakey and start to sweat.  Which i do not like.

Pelican

I try not to get nervous about things, but sometimes I can't avoid it.

When I'm thinking too hard about something: I bite my lip, bite my nails, rub my eyes, fiddle with my hair, or scratch my head.

When I'm particularly nervous: (like when I had an exam this afternoon) I tend to get stomach pains, and feel a bit nauseous. I tend to get a few nervous twitches as well, like my knee jiggling or something.

In extreme situations: I have full-blown panic attacks, where I hyperventilate and shake uncontrollably.

Is it really any wonder that I try to avoid stressful situations?

BMF-Inc

when I get nervous...and I mean really nervous and embarrassed (which is a huge rarity) I break out into hives and itch uncontrollably. that only really happens when I have to do something that I honestly think I can't do...ever

Anym

I used to grind my teeth (which is bad, so I tried to overcome it, but it still happens sometimes) and I used to play with the ring on my finger (but not anymore, because I''m not wearing it anymore). These days I mostly walk up and down.
I look just like Bobbin Threadbare.

Iwan

I just laugh. laugh a lot. Mostly at jokes which aren't funny at all. And I laugh even more when I've accomplished what I was nervous for. I'm just an optimistic person reallyÃ,  :=.

Blackthorne

Quote from: Squinky on Fri 14/01/2005 04:57:15What do you do when you're nervous?

I fart.Ã,  Loudly and for extended periods of time.

Bt

-----------------------------------
"Enjoy Every Sandwich" - Warren Zevon

http://www.infamous-quests.com

HillBilly

I talk. Alot.

Or if we're talking "silent nervous", I crack my fingers. Hah!

Squinky

Quote from: Blackthorne on Sat 15/01/2005 18:02:52
Quote from: Squinky on Fri 14/01/2005 04:57:15What do you do when you're nervous?

I fart.  Loudly and for extended periods of time.

Bt

Heh, I read that before you fixed it....Good times...

As far as pre-performance jitters, I've ussaully been able to get over it alright. With my band it was easy to handle the stress of it because we played in dark black lighted rooms and played really loud music, so you really didn't notice the people till the song was over.

Mr_Frisby

Crack my fingers.
I used to chew my beard but now I have no beard (not due to excess chewing mind you)

When I was in my teens and I was kissing some girl I really liked - I'd get the burps - cassanova move over.
Hey! All my awesome trophies dissapeared in the year since I was here last. CONSARN_IT! with an underscore!!! I earned dem tings!! Oh well. Hope your Monkey floats.

Einoo

When I'm not paying paying attention, I chew my shirt.
I used to flap my arms up and down when I was excited. (People have often made jokes about me flying away...)
As for nervous, I have no clue what I do when I'm nervous. Huh.
Now let's find out if gasoline is flammable!

| Bass |

It doesn't sound like the smart thing, but i play with my knife wich i ALWAYS have with me...yes, even at school
For now, this is were I get off...

Previously BassFisherman

Layabout

I smoke. Simple as that.

I also wander aimlessly i guess.
I am Jean-Pierre.

Necro

Yep ,

If nervous as in anxious then im likely to get smoke cravings, or I play around smooching some neary by blue tak, if none is around maybe some leg tapping..

if nervous as in afraid, i do tend to laugh , which doesnt really tend to help in certain situations...

in uncontrollably panic attack nervous sitiation , of which i have only ever had 1 in my life, i could not stop my leg from shaking, I suddenly became aware of it and ith started amplifying shaking my whole left side more and i had to shift my body weight to calm it down.. maybe kind of when people get shaky hands and they cant control it, or suddenly realising you have chattery teeth getting worse and worse, it was like that and was very freaky.

Matchew

drink.........................................a lot.
matchew has spoken.............. well sort of

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk