Counterfeit - Complete... 20-06-04

Started by Phemar, Sun 28/03/2004 09:23:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Phemar

Go here: http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?topic=14805.0

Counterfeit

Okay, yes not what you all expected...I've cut the game down, so now it's just the first part...The reason I cut this game down, was because the parser was becoming too much to handle. When I started out with this, I was like all "This game is gonna be SO cool!", but it didn't turn out that way.
I realised that what made a good game were not all the added extras that you might try and squeeze in, but what really made a good game was a solid story, good character interactions, and in this case, suspense.
It didn't turn out like that. But anyway, here it is for the Beta-Testers...
I think I have probably learned a very valuable lesson from all this, and probably the most valuable lesson I can learn yet...
Hum, I took so long to do so little...

Storyline

Basically you're a crook who prints counterfeit money. One day you get a call from an anonomous guy to tell you that the cops are coming to bust your ass!
Now you have to escape...

Info:

Size: >1 Mb
Length: Short Game
Resolution: 320X200
Colour Depth: 256 Colors

Graphics:

Note: Walkie is out of date...

Production Notes

Storyline: 100%
Puzzles: 100%
Scripting: 100%
Graphics: 100%

Official Website

Counterfeit Website

So there is everything

Now tell me what you think!

Minimi

If he made so much money, why is his room still such a mess? Why does he want to print the counterfeit money. How did he learned it?

In the walkcycle the feet move too far to the back, and he should swing with his arms. Btw...I don't think someone that is stressed because the cops are after him, would stand with his hands is his pockets, would you?

The background looks fine... and I'm looking forward to how you are going to pull this off ;) Suc6

Phemar

QuoteIf he made so much money, why is his room still such a mess? Why does he want to print the counterfeit money. How did he learned it?

Wow, you see, this exactly the reason we have forums like these, I would never have thought of those questions.

Btw: It is going to be a parser-based game.
Btwbtw:How do you change the subject of you topic?

Minimi

Quote from: Zor on Sun 28/03/2004 12:08:07
Btwbtw:How do you change the subject of you topic?
Click on "edit" on your first post in this thread. Then change the topic, just like you would want to change your post ;)

Phemar

QuoteIf he made so much money, why is his room still such a mess? Why does he want to print the counterfeit money. How did he learned it?

Find out in the intro!

Quotestand with his hands is his pockets, would you?

What can I say? I'm just a lazy animator...

rtf

Hehe, that's what I did, except I forgot the pockets...

I love short games, so I am waiting for this one to come out.
I fail at art.

Hollister Man

If you look really close, his legs are going around in circles.  I like the animation, as it makes it look the most natural with the least frames, but look at it.  Either that or this grape juice is older than I thought...
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

Rik_Vargard

Yeah... the animation, it's like at some moment, the left leg becomes the right leg.... or something...

Anyway, I like the ambient of the screenshots, but why such little resolution? ???

Phemar

The little resolution: I just love small res pics, I really am a sucker for pixelised graphics.

The walkie: You think it would help if I shaded his back leg darker than his front leg or something? Then you could distinguish...

Rik_Vargard

Well yeah, I think shading the back leg would be better...  :P

IntentInsane

Zor, I understand your predicament. I too have this inexplicable love of low res games.
Intentionally Insane!
http://www.pauladmin.tk

Phemar

bumpity bumpity all the way 2 the top!

Rik_Vargard

Hey, I look at your animation again in the first post here, and if you look good  you'll see that the legs are leaving the ground going backwards!
When u walk, you lift your leg to go forward, right?
This one is walking... well backwards... :)
Try to reverse the animation. Instead of frame 1,2,3... try ...3,2,1.

ravenfusion

Very nice work,  I like your style. There is good use of lighting  and you've concentrated on adding detail to everything. Although there are a few problems:

QuoteThe keyboard looks flat. Maybe if you add a light shade to the side of the keys?

The computer and the plug also look flat.

The wood behind the broken wall might be better with a darker shade.

The glass might be better if it's semi-transparent.

Aside from the graphics, I'm gonna try the game out later. Should be good.

The mous and mouse mat look like they are sticking up in the air

Phemar

Phemar

Today...The Global script disappeared. May it rest in peace.

Go here...

Phemar

Beta testers...anyone who wants to beta test, reply here between now and tomorrow...

Don't worry, you will get mentioned in the credits...

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk