[CANCELLED] By the Sword: Conspiracy

Started by TerranRich, Wed 23/10/2002 19:29:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Pet Terry

Just the other day I was checking that site to see my name there :P Oh, and come to irc some day, I've got a better strings to the main theme and would like to send it to you!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Hollister Man

Don't know if this was posted before, but I LOLed when I found this.  An 'Internet Movie Database' entry for BtS!  Perhaps it could be considered an 'interactive movie,' eh?  Not much info there, but cool none-the-less.
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

TerranRich

I put that in, and it's valid... there are other computer games listed in IMDb. :P

All the actors are AGSers as well as the other credits. :)

Migs

Yeah, I saw that before, too.  If nothing else, putting one's game in the imdb is an interesting idea.
This signature intentionally left blank.

TerranRich

With a game as important as mine, why not!! :P

TerranRich

If anybody cares, I've created a setup file. It was meant to be used with C.Net's Download.com but they now charge $79 to submt a simple free demo.

http://www.terran-x.com/setup-btsdemo-0.1.exe

UPDATE:
I've been working hard on the dialog. So far, I am 95% finished with Chapter 2's dialog and have Chapters 3 through 6 remaining. Now that I am on a roll, it won't be long until I go on to graphics and then gameplay/puzzles in the AGS Editor. Once dialog is done, I'll be recruiting voice actors for various roles in By the Sword. There are over 70 characters (not all are vital to the game) and plenty of room for lots of people to try out.

I don't know if I should make a thread in the Gen Forum (or even the Adventure Talk and Chat Forum) to recruit people, or just contact forum members who have the "voice acting" icon in their profiles. Of course, I can't search profiles for those icons, but I could just go through random threads.

Hmm, maybe that won't work. I'll just make a thread. Soon. :P

mätzyboy

This game has been looking promising for quite a long time now, how far have you come?

BTW do you know that last woman before the text in your avatar look sooo much lik Julia Roberts?

TerranRich

Yeah, i've also been told most of the male characters resemble John Malkovich. :P

Check my previous post for how far I've come, as well as the initial post. :)

TerranRich

Due to a hard drive crash, By the Sword is now lost forever. I could've had the data retrieved for $500-$1200 but I don't have that kind of money and, let's face it, the game isn't worth that much. Best Buy (a U.S. electronics store) could've done it for $60, but since it was physically damaged it was not possible. Since I had to return the old drive to Dell or pay the $190 for the new hard drive, I returned it this morning and it is now gone for good.

Moderators can lock ths thread now.

ghostface

Rich, that really sucks...i was really looking forward to it. I just hope that this doesn't relieve you of your confidence to make adventure games for us...because you rock! I hope to hear from you on what you do next!Ã,  Ã,  :(

Yours truly,
Bottles
"I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn't be our style. Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory. Lasts forever."

"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk