Heres a mad Idea

Started by Cluey, Fri 20/08/2004 00:54:23

Previous topic - Next topic

evenwolf

One of my nephews friends appeared on national news when he clipped his legs on the side of a pool after jumping from the roof of a hotel.

My nephew was telling me about it on instant messenger, and tried to defend 'Jackass' with all his heart- saying that the show shouldn't be blamed.  His argument was simply that his friend attempted to jump incorrectly.

Last night some teenagers screened a short film of themselves riding on the top of a suburban speeding down a dirt road at 40 mph.  And they would jump off the tailgate into a stack of trashcans while going 20 mph.

I don't view these things very cool.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Meowster

Your nephews friend, and those teenagers, are fucking stupid.

Alan Partridge is hilarious.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I hate c-rap more than jackass, but not much more.  Why not make a parody adventure instead that pokes fun at jackass, c-rap and boy bands all at once!  You could copy maniac mansion's new kid option to switch between Steve-o, Snoop Dogg and Nick from the Backdoor Boys as they try to escape an insane madman bent on their destruction.

M

Quote from: Flamboyant PC Salesman on Sat 21/08/2004 00:31:38
Alan Partridge is hilarious.

I'll second that. Bring on the patridge.

Haddas

I love Alan Partridge

Goldmund

I believe that the Jackass show is quite a good attempt at pointing to the masses a possible solution to the problem of overpopulation.

As I hate crowd in public swimming pools (much like Ortega y Gaset, who wrote a whole book because he couldn't find an unoccupied place on a beach), it works for my benefit in a way.

Watching AGS characters doing Jackass might be some good entertainment - I'd certainly take a look at Jake McUrk lightning his farts or Pib riding bareassed on a saw. Maybe we should make it a new competition monthly kind of thingy?

Andail

Oi, now we blame Jackass for people hurting themselves?
Like some sort of epidemic?
No sir, stupid people will always manage to harm themselves. Pick any olympic sport and you'll see a much higher rate of life-lasting injuries.

Scummbuddy

I dunno, I really enjoyed watching Mods' "Express Delivery Service" movie.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Haddas

Hmmm... I haven't seen that one, where can I get a copy of it. The local video shop did not have the title. The closest they had was an erotic french film, which had to do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk