MASTERS OF SOUND

Started by Le Woltaire, Tue 27/04/2004 04:57:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Woltaire

Hello,

I have finished a game and would like to post it. It is my first game and I worked a whole week on it.
It plays in the future in the year 105346 AD and is located in a futuristic music academy. One of the maestros there turned completely mad and built a gigantic tuning fork that is able to destroy the whole universe just by its sound.
You play a young student, who tries to defeat this guy.

It also contains some music played by me on the piano.

Download it here....(10 MB)

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=393

Current Version 1.3:

Changes from 1.2:
- Added sound effects.
- Added intro voices.
- Converted the game to AGS 3.12.
- Added some hint messages and events.
- Fixed the horn gets shown in background bug.
- Added installer.

Changes from 1.1:
- Proofreading of the English version by Blashyrkh.
- Added shortcuts.
- Fixed some small bugs in the horn GUI.
- speeded up Knollos walking animation a bit

Changes from 1.0:
- It is now possible to skip speech during the game but not during the cutscenes.
- Fixed two big bugs in the temple and the stairway that caused the game to crash.

Candle

Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!
The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.

Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.
http://www.geocities.com/le_woltaire/main.htm

Upload it here for free and don't use geo as it never works for more then ten mins. lol
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/FileHosting.html

Gilbert

Well I did clicked the link first, I downloaded 5MB but the zip file seems to be corrupted (or incomplete)  :-\

Le Woltaire

Sorry Gilbot.

OK I fixed everything, it should work now.
I tried to download it myself and extracted it succesfully.

I hope you are going to try again. Please, tell me what you think of it....

jane

A brilliant first effort - the only thing I found annoying was not being able to speed text up..................am now completely stuck though
Spoiler
I've got to tuning fork and have bandages, empty syringe and instrument.  Have tried using and interracting with everything but nothing works.  If I walk to tuning fork I become stuck and can't move again.  
[close]

jane

No wurries - its just clicked what I have to do!  ;D

miryoku_81

I'd love to play your game but when I try to extract it I also get an error message saying that the file is corrupted.

I've tried it a few times and still get the same error message  ???

Le Woltaire

Hi,

I downloaded my file again and it seems to work with me. Perhaps its not a problem of the zip-file itself, perhaps it is the way how it was compressed.

I used WINACE to compress the file at "maximum zip compression" to make it as small as possible. The original file is about 20 MB large compressed to 5MB.

Perhaps your extracting utility has a problem with such a file.....don't know....that could explain why some people are able to extract it, other not.

Floco-Zeppelin

The main idea of the game is really, really nice, though i think you could improve some of knollo's movements (kinda slow and boring). another boring factor is that you cant skip the dialogues (especially boring when you try to speak to tonalis in the library), which is understandable in the cutscenes when the music is synchronized with the action and dialogue. the music is very nice in the piano pieces, but i really dont like the rest (those two phrases in the map are really annoying).

Oh, and i am stuck:
Spoiler

i got the holy horn of resonance and it already absorbed a paranormal book and a pink bunny trap, now i dont know what to do! i got the horn, an empty syringe and the bandages...
[close]

Le Woltaire

Thank you Floko for playing my game and giving me your very constructive opinion.

Yes, perhaps I should have made it possible to skip some dialogues, and OK, the map music isn't very original, but on the other hand I improvised the whole music in one day. I was worried, that the file would become to big, for a proper distribution in the Internet, so I decided, do make these very small repeating phrases.

But now I won't change anything, perhaps I'm going to finish another game or something, hoping to improve my attempts next time.

Spoiler

Knollo needs to change the horn of resonance. When you look at it, he says, that the mouthpiece is too small for his lips, so you need to find another one.

If you already did that, you should be able to play the horn by looking at it. I hope this is going to help you a bit.Ã,  Ã, Ã, 
[close]

Stucked

How do I get the horn of ressonance, please?

I have
Spoiler

bandage, syringe with morphine, that strange trap with a carrot. I went everywhere but nothing! I can't see any Master, all their doors are closed, can't get the horn from Knollo's room, the door to the horn od ressonance is also closed, can't get books from laboratory or library: I'm completely lost!
[close]

Help, please!

Amanda

Try this Stucked,

Spoiler

Try to talk at one of the masters doors, perhaps there is somebody in there. ;-)
[close]

And VAN_WOLTER, I love your game, that pink bunny is soooo
cute. It should be the main character of your next game.

Stucked

Thanks a lot, Amanda! :D

I'll try that right away! Hope I may go on without boring you - or anyone else - again!Ã,  :-[

To VAN_WOLTER: Congratulations for your so quality and marvellous game! Hope I may play more games made by you!

Stucked

Amanda:

Well, thanks alot again! I ...
Spoiler
... started staring a lot at doors before I realized I should rather use Open Sesame! And that worked! :-)
[close]

(I was really, really, really stuck glued, that's why I chose stuck...ed as nickname ;-)

Floco-Zeppelin

all right, stuck again...
Spoiler

got the mouthpiece... now what?
[close]

Essex

Take it easy Zep:

Spoiler

You have to combine the mouth-thing with the horn.
Then you have to play the horn somehow in the laboratory.
[close]

Bee921

Quote from: jane on Wed 28/04/2004 16:45:14
A brilliant first effort - the only thing I found annoying was not being able to speed text up..................am now completely stuck though
Spoiler
I've got to tuning fork and have bandages, empty syringe and instrument. Ã, Have tried using and interracting with everything but nothing works. Ã, If I walk to tuning fork I become stuck and can't move again. Ã, 
[close]

I'm at the same place, same inventory, don't get stuck, but still can't do anything here. Please help.

splat44

Hi,

When playing with  Horn inside darkness, the follow error comes and the game craskes.

Error:
ERROR!

Blah.....blah.....blah....

in room 17 cutcene 53 jadd jadda jadda....

I would hope creator of such program can correct that.

Skio

I'm also stuck!

Spoiler
I have opened the secret passage but Knollo refuses to enter "until prepared". How can I prepare myself?
[close]

Great Game!
Î'νδρων Επιφανων Πασα Î"η ΤαφοÏ,

Tazzitoz

I have given the guy the morphine but he still isn't at the temple?
Where or what should i do next?
I have strange thing, bandages, book and empty seringe?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk