Ace Quest 2 - NEW DEMO1!!!1!

Started by MillsJROSS, Wed 23/10/2002 22:58:27

Previous topic - Next topic

MillsJROSS

1/30/04
New update, but unfortunatly, I don't have good news. AQ2 is on hold until after this semester of school. I may fiddle with it from time to time, but right now I have to spend the majority of my efforts towards studying and working. My life is just becoming too hectic right now, and something has to be dropped somewhere along the line. Hopefully I will be able to pick it back up during the summer...I may or may not work on a small game, but even if I do I won't post about it. Right now I just feel bleh. I'm torn because I DO want to make and finish my game, but I also have a GPA to keep up ( if I get below a 3.0 I lose my scholarship), and I'm shooting for all A's (doubtful, still). I have worked on it since the last time I updated...I was more opptimistic until reality set in, about working an hour everyday on my game. Will AQ2 ever be finished? Yes, it will. It's been two years, yes. And really I don't have that much to account for the length it's been, but it will be finished, even if I have to make it a shorter game than anticipated (I don't intend to, but you never know). Until, then I will continue to go on the forums and post when I so desire.

11/23/03
It's been almost five months since my last update, so I decided to as least let you know, I have been working on this game. Don't bother to check my website, if you're looking for updates, I'm fairly certain I won't do anything with it until I am finished with AQ2. I have no idea when I will be finished with this game, but I will finish it, be it next year or five years from now. I haven't had too much time to work on it, school just got to be too much work for me to even feel like extending creative energy. I got a boost this weekend, as I had my first free day in a while. While I wish and hope I can move the game along at a faster pace, I am trying to make this game as good as I can, for a free game with my own graphics. That includes a decent amount of MIDI tracks, which I've only touched a bit of, sound effects, and animations that take me hours to get just right (As well as keeping it funny). So you'll just have to bear with me.

I have become more orginized, I adopted Rodekill's wurdsplash program thing. So far I have all of the first day written down, puzzles and all. I am almost done with the first day, excepting a few more puzzles I need to script in and a few cutscenes. I'm also going to need to compose a few MIDI tracks, and gather sound effects. But I'm hoping I should, at least, finish the day by the end of this year (I still have school to finish, and a week at home where I probably won't progress too much on my game, till I get back to the dorm). There will be three to four days, in the whole game, depending on how long I feel the game needs to be. So my progress will be anywhere from 25%-33% complete. But I'm thinking more than that, because I will be reusing some graphics, and the middle might be more puzzle intensive, rather than character development intensive, which is a bit easier and faster to make (for me). I considered putting my game out in parts to show my progress, and give you something other than the demo, but have decided against it. I feel that the idea I have for my game, will need to be played in full at one time. I will not release screenshots or music sample until the game is near completion, so not for a while. If you want to excite yourselves about this game, play AQ1 (though, let it be noted, that the AQ2, will be very different as I have matured, and my skills wil AGS have matured, and AGS's engine has matured), or AQ2 demo. That is all I have to report, sorry I could keep you more updated.  

6/27/03
Woah! It's been four months since I've done anything, or shared anything. So after a month of doing nothing, I looked back, and decided to restart Ace Quest 2 and fix some scripting things that the new versions of AGS allowed me to now do. So now there is a completely new demo. Okay, it's not strictly completely new, but there are a few new things, along with a slightly different ending. If you enjoyed it before, I suggest you try it again. It's a small download 675KB zipped. Sylpher has graciously decided to host this, until I can put it up on me own page, which badly needs updating.

http://www.sylpher.com/mills/AceQ2.zip

2/24/03

It's been a while since I've updated what I have done. I added about four or five rooms. I updated AQ to a newer version of AGS, and had to rework the animations, because the previous one used the animation editor, which is no longer supported by newer versions of AGS. Estimated time of completion - hopefully by the end of this year if not before.

Edited 10/24/02
Get ready for another adventure with Ace. Ace Quest...Adventunare. Mills Entertainment with the help of AGS uses cutting edge technology (MSPaint), to encapture you the player in a story filled with mirth and girth. When last we met, our hero just barely escaped his cell, and now he has gone into hiding. We enter just as Ace is lying on the ground, robbed, hungry, and naked. Will he be able to survive another rousing adventure?

Seriously, though. This game does keep it's off-beat comedy, and has remained true to have something done or said with each click of the mouse, as it affects to the playing area. It has, however, turned a little more on the serious/dramatic side. It is mainy a comedy game, but the last one was just too zany. I'll keep you up-to-date with my progress, and post some pics and such later. The demo, already completed, can be found on my home page:

http://www.geocities.com/millsjross/MillsJROSS.html

Progress? I have made a few leaps and bounds. I have added 9 rooms to the game (2 are purels cutscenes, the others are playable). Eight characters have been added, all but two of them have there complete dialog, as it relates to the time within the game. A system of puzzles have been added, and after going around and testing it myself, I fixed anything I could find, though, I'm still going to go through one or two times to see if there are anymore. I have almost finished the first day, which only marks the begining of Ace's Adventure. The plot is all concieved, but I have to figure out more puzzles. I can say that progress should move on pretty quickly. I don't see myself finishing this game this year, but sometime in the begining or perhaps middle, of next year. But no one can ever be sure.

-I also have a website with a brand new layout, that will be uploaded as soon as I either switch to another host (geocities has been  giving me immense troubles, or if geocities miraculously works again. I have revamped the site to look much more appealing, and professional, but until I upload it I guess you'll be in the dark.

-MillsJROSS

MillsJROSS

Okay, I finally got around to finishing my website and uploading it. Tell me what you think. And, yes, I know geocities isn't the best. I'm going to end up switching to some other free better server, but until then, tell me what you think. It's got pics and everything!

http://www.geocities.com/millsjross/home.html

Squinky

Hey, I've mentioned before how much I love the demo of Ace2, so I just wanted to mention again....
The new site looks good, although I wish I could see more screenshots for ace 2....Keep up the good work man....

MillsJROSS

Oh, I will, I just didn't want to release anything until I finished the first day, which is almost done.

-MillsJROSS

MillsJROSS

Squinky

Godamnit Mills! I wanna play this game...so bad I combined the words "God" and "Damnit" to make a kooky word just for you...

Snake

So do I, I laughed my ass off playing the demo :)

Can't wait Millzy!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

MillsJROSS

Thanks. You don't know how much your words have put me in the mood to really work on AQ2.

-MillsJROSS

Quickstrike

Lard ho!  I see land..I mean lard...
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Privateer Puddin'

hm, time to update my sig image?

Ghormak

Achtung Franz! The comic

Quickstrike

"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Squinky

Alright Mills...Whats the status man?

MillsJROSS

Well, right now it's Spring Break, and AQ is currently on my other system. So production has halted for a week. But, should I get time when I'm back, I should be able to get some serious work done. I think I'll probably finish this sometime in the summer, when I have plenty of time. I'll keep everyone updated when I make some progress.

Before I left I started on a bit of scripting I need to do, and filled in all the actions to one of my rooms (which had a good deal of things to look at, so it took a while, but it'll be worth it when it's released).

-MillsJROSS

MillsJROSS

Check updates...new demo.

http://www.sylpher.com/mills/AceQ2.zip

-MillsJROSS

Ghormak

Yarrrrr!

If you didn't play the older demo when it was first released (shame on you), get it now, and feel the warmth of pee running down your pants as you wet yourself from laughing too hard.

If you did play the older demo when it was first released, get it anyway, since it has a scene I believe is exclusive to the demo!

TEH FUNNY
Achtung Franz! The comic

Squinky

Yes, this is good stuff...Check the squinky seal of approval on the label...

MillsJROSS

New update...bump

-MillsJROSS

Ghormak

I like how every update starts with "Woah, it's been so long since the last update!"

Continued success and luck to you, sir!
Achtung Franz! The comic

Squinky

Son of a bitch! Finish this game man! Just to let you know how long we've all been waiting, heres a list of all the crap thats happened since you started:

1. Kikme has come and gone like 20 times

2. I've got 12 kids now, when you started I had none! Holy Crap!

3. I should put something lame here, but I give up....

So, please finish this game before I lose ALL of my body hair!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk