For your consideration in the AGS Awards 2005

Started by SSH, Thu 12/01/2006 10:38:24

Previous topic - Next topic

mozza

I would like to put forward Bob Goes Home

for the following categories.

Best Story: It's a fairly good idea, just maybe not a big focus in the game.

Best Puzzles: The game uses the background well to implement idealistic puzzles into the game.

Best Non-player character: The Janitor. You can just see the expression in his face!

Best Dialogue Writing: Well thought out dialogue written to be humourous, but still intelligent.

Best Short Game: The only reason it is here because there are not many short games that get entered in this category. And, well, someone has to make up the numbers.

If you play ProgZmax's Mind's Eye, just imagine it with the name changed to Bob Goes Home and that is what it's like. := :P

Hopefully, Bob Goes Home Deluxe will be entered in all the same categories (maybe even more) next year!

Babar

I'd like to nominate my game, "Alien Time Zone". You can decide what which categories it fits in with:

Alien Time Zone
Alien Time Zone is a short game in which you play Ejak, an alien traveller who has somehow managed to crash land and get himself stuck in a cave on Earth. Using your time travelling abilities you've got to help him find his way out!

The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

He-Man

Though I don't really like to promote my self a whole lot, it would be pretty cool to win an AGS award. So here goes:

Silent Knight: Chapter 2 - The Conscience of the King

Based on peoples response on the game I would like to have it nominated for:
Best Story - While the main quest of this game is classical for an adventure game. This second chapter is where story really starts to unfold and it literally takes the player to Hell and back. Plus it contains lots of references to everything from Star Trek to Star Wars...
Best Puzzles - A lot of people liked them.
Best Character Art - They are unique and I personally find it one of the best things about the game.
And ofcause Best Game but I'm not sure it stand a chance.

I would also like to nominate

Operation Novi 2D

for Best Non-adventure

Cheers
Your pal Niels

Radiant

Ah, if we're talking about best non-adventure games anyway, I'd just want to mention MOTLPAA.

http://adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=649

Anarcho

I would like to submit my game for consideration:

Emily Enough: Imprisoned

I'll leave it up to the masses to determine what it should be nominated for, but it's a fun & creepy game with a different story, good graphics and I worked damn hard on it. 

Cheers,

Logan

SSH

Just to re-iterate: All nominations will be selected by popular vote. Then there will be another vote on the top 5 (or 3 depending on category). This thread is simply advertising your game and reminding people of its best aspects, NOT for nominating it. A game not mentioned in this thread can still win, although it is maybe slightly less likely...

mwahahaha

I just need to edit a few little things then my chronicles of the shoe: part 1 demo should be ready, is it too late to enter it? I did most of it in 2005.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=671

Anyway, I nominate it for best demo if I can.

Hopefully I should have part 1 AND 2 ready for entry in next years awards.

timlump

Ok I admit Zombie Nation was a bit of a flop- but over 2 years of work went into conceptualising and learning how to use ags.

Its is about a lone employee of alpha corp being sent into Alpha city to repair  a communications beacon, and realising something has gone wrong.

My game uses voice acting and 800x600 resolution which no one else seems to use.

I nominate my game for Best Non-adventure (since it does feature a bit of gun play at the end).

Best use of sound (since it is one of the only games to use voice)

Best Background art (considering they are ALL 800x600)

Best Music (since they are all pre-recoreded no synthesized music at all)

Best programming (since I made a Windows like interface at one point in the game, which You must traverse to get a certain thing)

big screenshot

EDIT by SSH: please use a screenshot that is 320x240 pixels at most, thanks.

LeChuck

EDIT: One pic per game, please

Life of D. Duck is an epic tale of obesity, nutrition, porridge and last but not least, achieving your goals.  Artwork and dialogue is brought to you by aspiring artist Bjørnar B.

Thread
AGS page
Game homepage

Best Story
Late one night, Grandmother Duck finds an abandoned duck egg in the forest. After discussing the matter thoroughly with Uncle Scrooge, she decides to take it back to her farm (where it is safe from harm). When D. Duck is born, he comes out of the egg with a clear vision in his mind: To win Andecity (Duckburg) marathon. His grandmother tells him he must make oat porridge that will strengthen his spleen and lungs, and henceforth starts one duck's heroic tale of magic and porridge.

Best Non-Player Character
During the game you meet up with your relative, fat uncle Jubalon. He is living proof that drinking too much soda will give you health problems.

Best Dialogue Writing
Featuring the naive norwenglish of the talented Bjørnar B, the player is constantly overwhelmed by emotions provoked by Uncle Jubalon's weight problems and Grandmother's wishes to support you in your quest for making the oat porridge.

Best Character Art
With not exactly traditional artwork, Life of D. Duck certainly has originality. Let's just say that Bjørnar B. brings character traits to all the beloved Disney characters that Walt himself would never dream of. In fact, he would probably turn in his grave right now if he saw this product.

Best Documentation
Life of D. Duck comes with an original printable high-res cover, a walkthrough to keep the player from quitting, and even the artists' own porridge recipe as an added bonus.

Best Puzzles
There's some original, logical puzzles in there related to lovesick squirrels and Norwegian cutting tools, so give it a shot.

Best Animation
Bringing Bjørnar's creepy art to life is a difficult and potentially dangerous task.

Best Game
I'm nominating the game in this category because it's an original game with a quirky plot. This game is as close as you'll get to actually playing those childhood drawings you made years ago.

Although the drawings look really unprofessional, that shouldn't stop anyone from playing the game, as most of the time spent making it has gone into making sure the game makes sense storywise, and that the player will have no problems solving the puzzles as long as he's thinking the right thing. It's also really educational as the player will learn a lot about nutrition!

Download Installer - RAR

hedgefield

Oh well, why the heck not...

The Majestic Conspiracy.
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

I'll put it up for best demo. I'll refrain from plugging it for anything else until it's done. (Which doesn't mean you can't ;))

I'd also like to use this opportunity to say that I'm still working on it, just about 50% now.

Neil Dnuma

Zooreal
It's like Mind's Eye, only with a kangaroo! And some other animals escaping the zoo. You could concider it for Best short game, Best Animation or Best Background Art.

It's here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=490

Baron

For your consideration, I submit The Winter Rose

It is available here.

The game is about a young archer girl who must save her forest home from an eternal winter that has been brought on by an evil ice dragon.Ã,  Not bad for one (run on) sentence, eh?

Categories that this game might be suitable for are:

Best Story, on the basis of originality I suppose...
Best Gameplay because of the 'Retry' function after you die that enables the player never to be set back for testing theories or exploring options.
Best Background Art for the reason that it was all hand painted but then integrated realistically into the game.
Best Animation because of variety of crazy things the main character had to do (shoot her bow, pull arrows out of things, climb frozen waterfalls, row boats, throw snowballs, drink liquor, fall through ice, slide down mountains, start a fire, climb a tree, shake a gnome, throw a bucket of water, fight a dragon, etc....)
Best Puzzles because.... um....Ã,  they integrated landscapes as well as objects.Ã,  And of course because they were good!
Best Dialogue for reasons of amusement and information without vast and confusing dialogue trees.

That's about it, I guess, even though a few of the categories are a bit of a stretch.Ã,  Feel free to come up with your own reasons why this game should deserve at least one award!Ã,  C'mon guys, at least one!Ã,  Thanks for your consideration,

BaRoN

Gregjazz

Can I nominate Apprentice 1 Deluxe for Best Music, since the music is entirely new for the game?

Edit by SSH: Yes!

fovmester

I'd like to nominate my game of 2005:
FRANK THE FARMHAND PART 2

Why?

Because it's big, beautiful and has some really cool puzzles!

Best Non-Player Character:
Clifford the Castaway: He's been stranded on an island for twenty years, alone. Then Frank comes along and screws up his brain by telling him the island is inhabited. So he looses his mind.

Best Puzzles
The puzzles are very well thought through, which makes them both challenging and gratifying. For example: "The fallen rocks and the bomb", "The keys in the well".

Best Animation
I put a lot of work into the cut scenes!

Best Music
Featuring original non-midi music to increase the immersion.

Best Game
Well, you can only hope! ;)

aussie

I nominate Chick Chaser

For the hottest AGS chicks yet!

EDIT: Resized the pic.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Joseph DiPerla

Huh, SSH says my Game Template qualifies for a resource, so I am going to post it here as well.

The game I am asking for consideration is
"The Simpsons AGS Game Template".

"The HomePage can be found here."

Here is ONE sample image to check out: (edited by SSH: sorry, Joe, one pic per thing, please)

What specifically am I asking consideration for?

Best AGS resource

Best Non-adventure--- as this can be used as a virtual springfield type thing.

Best Player Character --- Homer Simpson

Best Non Player character ---- Mr. Burns

And thats it. Thanks for your consideration.

Joseph DiPerla--- http://www.adventurestockpile.com
Play my Star Wars MMORPG: http://sw-bfs.com
See my Fiverr page for translation and other services: https://www.fiverr.com/josephdiperla
Google Plus Adventure Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/116504865864458899575

SSH

I'd like to put a few things up for consideration in the "Resources" category.

First, there's AGA (and others') AGS Wiki at http://americangirlscouts.org/agswiki/

then, there's the various modules I and other have made. Some of the best games of the year have used my Savegames with screenshots module (Prodigal and Stargate) plus I've done loads, as have others like strazer and monkey0506. The wiki has a somewhat complete list. Please add your own module if it's not in there!

A�rendyll (formerly Yurina)

I also want to make a game of mine a competant. Not because I have a big ego, but I definitely need some inspiriation (being a nominee always helps me... what?!)

It's Elestian Tales: Bittersweet Sanity

* Best Demo:
I only released a demo for now which includes about 6-10% of the whole WORLD (Not the whole game, it's going to be a lot larger if possible).

* Best Story:
Myself, I found this a pretty original story. Some others also complimented me on this, so I give it a go.

* Best Character Art:
I can't help people love my manga-influence. 8) :P

* Best Player Character:
This will be Maya, of course

* Best Non-player character:
Hannah was my choice.

Here's the link to the topic about this game, so you can get more info:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=22682.0
Yuna: Give me a Y!
Rikku: Give me an R!
Paine: Give me a break...
~Final Fantasy X-2

I've been

Jhumjhum

Since many people here have mentioned other people's games for consideration.

I'd like to bring to your notice Jessica Plunkenstein and the Dusseldorf Conspiracy by Greg as the BEST AGS game of 2005

That game was the most hillarious full-length game with funny characters and witty dialogue not to mention spoofs. Especially in the intro.

Also the bespectacled Jessica can be nominated for Best Player Character

There were several characters(the matron, the champion guy, the llama) which could contend for Best Non-Player character'

Also Best Dialogue , Best Intro Scene, Best Joke , Best puzzles
Play the game. Maybe there are things I've skipped mention

Sorry Greg if I shouldn't be doing this. But your game deserves mention so much. It would be a shame if it does not get prize. So I'm posting this.

The Ivy

I thought Soviet Unterzoegersdorf was one of the most underrated games to come out this year.Ã,  The dialogs were funny, the concept was original, and the Russian voice acting was top notch.

The changeable music feature was very cool, and I especially enjoyed being able to broadcast propaganda whenever I felt like it.

I'd recommend this for best game and best player character, and it's really worth checking out if you haven't already.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk