Background Blitz (2/7/06 - 16/7/06) WINNER ANNOUNCED

Started by biothlebop, Sun 02/07/2006 14:18:13

Previous topic - Next topic

biothlebop

The topic is:Ã,  A campsite / improvised shelter.

The campsite/shelter may be depicted before, during or after it was used.
An improvised shelter could be something Robinson Crusoe-like (when people do not have access to tents etc. and have to use their surrounding enviroment).

Max resolution: 640 x 480
Colour depth: unlimited

The voting will begin on the 16th and end on the 17th. Voting categories:

* Best Idea - The underlying idea to the background. Doesn't neccesserily have to coincide perfectly with the theme of the week, just strike you as interesting/amusing/inspiring; a place you'd really enjoy visiting within a game.

* Best Design - The style of the picture, architectural, landscape design, best mood, most evocative etc.

* Best Functionality - How well it would work when adding sprites, including appropriate walking distances, good angle for character sprites, clever walkway solutions, easily understood exits etc.

* Best Technique - How well the ideas are executed in form of rendering.
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

timlump

heres my entry

also remember:
i only have MS paint (not everyone can afford Paintshop).

timlump

i actually drew it in mspaint and  used windows movie maker to do a smudge effect thats the best i can do to mimic the real pros among us. (I'm so ashamed)

What do you think of it anyway.
I think it gives a nice relaxed mood.

Play_Pretend

Here's my entry...the lil' hermit's got high hopes. :)

Sektor 13

here is camp site in Antartica.

**this background was made a while ago for my game, as it corresponds with this weeks background theme i entered competition, but i don't know if this by the rules, so Biothlebop can dissqualify me if he wants,  i won't be angry :)

[CaM]

mine dosnt look too good i know and it kinda sucks but here it is

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4286/brb5tz.gif

ildu

A room in a run-down building taken over by squatters. Or it could be a crackhouse :D. YAY! Anyways, it's a shelter of some sort.

This is my very first entry into a BG Blitz. After so many unfinished blitz bgs, I finally got something done. Just goes to show low-res is quicker than high-res, at least for me :) (This is my first low-res attempt for zi blitz).

EDIT: Oh, sorry Bunny, I forgot. Yesterday, I was helping BunnyMilk with some perspective issues and I coerced him to start drawing a bg and then we'd go through it step by step. Anyways, this bg spawned from that. So I gotta give credit to Bunny for the foundations of the bg.

BunnyMilk

Hmm..ildu that looks...oddly familiar :/
Love x

rtf

Quote from: timlump on Sun 02/07/2006 17:56:23
i only have MS paint (not everyone can afford Paintshop).

Yeah, but everyone can.. aquire it :)
I fail at art.

timlump

are you suggesting illicit means of obtaining said software?
*tisk tisk

Haddas

You should buy any software you need.

Cluey

My submission.  Like a desolate tent in the middle of a ruined civilisation.
Aramore
My webcomic.

Sham_yesh

Hey all, my entry, this took TOO LONG

{edit}

constructive criticism would be appreciated

Esterlin

Moneytalks

Not been on here, or drawn anything for far too long. Forgot the .bmp rules in this forum, so thought i'd just leave a link if anyones interested. It's not very good, as i was never great, and am now mor ethan slightly out of practice, but here ya go...

www.2dadventure.com/ags/campsitesmall2.bmp
Spin around me like a dream...

Azaron

A small campsite, just a lean-to and a fire pit.

yarooze

His "camp" is usually under the bridge. But the water is to high today and the weather is good.

s'il vous plaît. J'habite sous le Pont, rive droite, sous l'arche, au milieu, là  où j'ai mis une bouée.
My Blog

Vel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk