Infinity String - v 1.04

Started by Sektor 13, Mon 02/07/2007 21:18:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Sektor 13

Infinity String v 1.04

Yep, it's finaly here...

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your name is Yerik Elnar. You are scientist working for United States.
In late 2009 a ruins were found in Antartica by Russian explorers. A year later a complete research base was built to study the findings.
Team consisted of 7 russians, 5 americans and 2 germans. 1 year later USA send you as an additional help. You arrive with the helicopter.
But strange things begin to happen...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

-2 completly different worlds: Cold, icy Antartica and Warm, green junge with caves
-DIG like interface (right click LOOK, left click ACTION)
-2 different GUIS
-res. 320x240, 32-bit
-most of the music from Vangelis, special intro song and more... (as it should create great atmosphere)
-more serious subject

Intro movie can be downloaded here, and it NOT part of the game:
http://rapidshare.com/files/40641355/introsnd.avi.html

Please go to games section to DL the game, here, :
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=6&action=detail&id=901&refresh1183407342

Review and mirror at FREEHAREs:

http://www.freehare.com/index.php?nav=games&item=review&id=88

!!! 2nd mirror for version 1.01 !!! :
http://www.planetfreeplay.com/download/The-Infinity-String/

All info, bugs and other stuff report to CHRONOSEKTOR@HOTMAIL.com

Enjoy the game...

Linux version comming soon, i hope :)

Nikolas

Let me be the first to congratulate you!

The game, thus far, looks great! Graphics, amazing, the story is right my kind, and the music works. (why didn't you find a composer to work with you?)

I am a bit stuck, but it's too early for a thread in the hints and tips forum I think ;) I'll keep trying and come back later if needed.

On comparison to your other games, I've not found any tpyos yet (but then again I'm hardly the person to judge that :D).

Anyways, it really looks great! Well done!

i k a r i

Wow, first Earl Mansin: The Breakout and now this  ;D
Two very expected games arrive at last.
I've just finished downloading from RapidShare, now I have to wait 24 minutes to see the intro movie! O_O
If it's half as good as Stargate Adventure Im more than happy!, thanks   :=

Quote from: Nikolas on Mon 02/07/2007 22:31:03
I've not found any tpyos yet
;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Peder 🚀

Same as ikari.
This is a really nice bonus for me one week before I take the plane and move to Wales!
I wont have internet access there right away so now I at least got some games to download before I go to play when I am there ;D.

It looks really nice!
And I would love to get it on CD in that DVD case ;). (hint hint).

anyway, downloading right now!

ildu

I'm gonna save the congratulations for a bit later, since I don't really have time now. I'm just posting about a bug:

Spoiler
If you pick up the pulse meter before helping the janitor, the extra line of dialog will be added to the dialog box and will exit the screen. Apparently you're not supposed to pick it up, since the janitor asks for you to get it. So if you have it already, the dialog choice "Here's the pulse meter" or something is added unintentionally. I at least have the habit of exploring each bg at a time, so I naturally picked up anything that wasn't glued even before going into the caves.
[close]

So far looking to be a great game :D! Can't say I haven't waited for this for a long time :).

GarageGothic

Congratulations on finishing a wonderful game, Sektor 13. So much beauty and atmosphere along with nicely designed puzzles - I especially like that so many inventory items are re-used throughout the game. I won't comment too much now, since I've only got one ending so far and am struggling to get the other.

Spoiler
For the life of me I can't figure out what to do inside the cave, neither with the hole nor the army box.
[close]

You should probably have a native English speaker proofread the text though - I noticed quite a few spelling mistakes, even in the cutscene narration.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

1st - so the intro movie is part of the game, i.e., it's the game's actual intro? Or something else? Posting something as "intro movie" and saying it's "not part of the game" is confusing.

2nd - downloading, but I'd like to know - one of the things about you and your games is that your graphics are usually great, your stories are interesting, your puzzles are quite good, and your english is somewhat lacking, so that often (Xenophobe and Stargate) we have to wait for an updated version of the dialogs. So I was wondering, did you do the dialogs yourself, trying to hone that particular skill?, or did you get someone else to work on them?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Khris

Great game so far, superb graphics and story! The music is perfectly chosen.

There are a few minor "bugs" though,
Spoiler
e.g. every time the extension cord is tied to the railing, the Protagonist says something like "time to finally get down there"
plus, many interactions don't generate responses, mainly using inv on inv.
[close]
It's mildly annoying that after using inv on inv without a result I have to scroll down, click the inv item again, scroll back up, to try the next combination.

As was mentioned, having someone proofread the game would have been a good idea, almost every other sentence is missing an article or two. It's not that bad, yet still spoils the game slightly, at least IMO.

Apart from those minor things, I'm really enjoying this gem (not a typo ;)); it's one of the few games I really want to complete on my own, not rush through using hints just to see the end.

M S

This totally rocks!!! Like Fate of Atlantis meets The Dig!

Only downside is, as people have pointed out, that the English needs to be better.

Am stuck at the same part as the dude a few posts above!!

brewton

Hiya, first post here.
This is probably one of the finest freeware games I've played. Good, solid puzzles combined with fantastical graphics. I can't quite figure out what to do in this part either.
Spoiler
I've got two little metal things, I've got the pipe sealed, I've opened the door to the dark room with the pit and I've taken the panels out of the ship. What now?
[close]

EDIT: Bug report.
You can get stuck in the gated room with the chest in the caves if you read the manual in it.

Sektor 13

Hi

Well, english should be fixed more or less, it was checked and correctet before the release...

But you can send me all typos to CHRONOSEKTOR@hotmail.com and I'll fix them.

thanx

i k a r i

Sektor 13 there are many typos to correct to send you an e-mail, for what I saw you forgot to add "the" many times, I think you should pass the file to some native english speaker, it would be much more faster and easier. With such a high quality game like this one I'm sure many will want to give you a hand.  ;D
QuoteWell, one think is not liking him, and the other is making humour of the retarder people!
Nacho speaking of Bush.

Buckethead

I can't believe this game is free.  :D Downloading =)

Sektor 13

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Tue 03/07/2007 02:33:53
1st - so the intro movie is part of the game, i.e., it's the game's actual intro? Or something else? Posting something as "intro movie" and saying it's "not part of the game" is confusing.

2nd - downloading, but I'd like to know - one of the things about you and your games is that your graphics are usually great, your stories are interesting, your puzzles are quite good, and your english is somewhat lacking, so that often (Xenophobe and Stargate) we have to wait for an updated version of the dialogs. So I was wondering, did you do the dialogs yourself, trying to hone that particular skill?, or did you get someone else to work on them?

Well, it's meant as, AVI is not included in the RAR file, it more like a bonus thingy... thats all :)

About typos, game was corrected, but only thing is that i had to copy/paste all the corrected words into the game, and l looks like a miss many of them :).

Sektor 13

Quote from: ildu on Tue 03/07/2007 01:00:12
I'm gonna save the congratulations for a bit later, since I don't really have time now. I'm just posting about a bug:

Spoiler
If you pick up the pulse meter before helping the janitor, the extra line of dialog will be added to the dialog box and will exit the screen. Apparently you're not supposed to pick it up, since the janitor asks for you to get it. So if you have it already, the dialog choice "Here's the pulse meter" or something is added unintentionally. I at least have the habit of exploring each bg at a time, so I naturally picked up anything that wasn't glued even before going into the caves.
[close]

So far looking to be a great game :D! Can't say I haven't waited for this for a long time :).

Hmm I don't see the problem with the dialog, as he ask you to get it, you can reply immediatly if you have it... as far as i have test it, you can't give him the pulse reader before he ask you for it.

23-down

nope..

Sektor 13 i can confirm this little bug.

what he means is: When you allready have the pulse reader and he ask you for it

then the dialog line is allready there.. So far so good. but the dialog line is half

outside the monitor (window). U can't read it. Graphics on 640x480 resolution.

My own feedback so far:

This game is fantastic. It's beautiful!  :) same like your other 2 games before. The music fits good into game and the story is really cool so far. But i'm still in the beginning phase.

to the english issues itself. yep there are some bugs inside it. I don't speak english by my self so i understand it, how hard it could be sometimes to write in english.

People which don't speak english can read it maybe to 100% but can't write the grammar and sentences correctly, like me for example. I suggest to let it fix from some real UK or american people.

I hope there will be a walkthrough in the near future for this game.

greetings 23-down  :)

tuoms

Congratulations on finishing the game, it looks fantastic! However, it crashes on Linux. Apparently because the Linux port of AGS can't handle plugins. Any change of getting a version without the snowfall-plugin?

QuoteError: Unable to create local script: Runtime error: unresolved import 'srChangeSnowAmount'

strazer

Yes please! This game looks awesome!

Sektor 13

Yes, game doesn't work under Linux because of the plugin.. I'll remove it from the game and upload it to rapidshare, probably tommorow..

Peder 🚀

Just finished it!

and it was brilliant!
Needed some help a few times (probably could of done it without) but I think I managed pretty good :P.
I seen both endings where both where great :).

If I remember right there is gonna be more of this game or? (pretty sure you mentioned more games).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk