Mockup Blitz: Action Game (Winner)

Started by joelphilippage, Tue 29/01/2008 22:03:26

Previous topic - Next topic

joelphilippage

Mockup Blitz Rules
"Your objective [if you choose to accept it] is to create an adventure game mockup. This means that you must create a scene exactly as it would look as if you were playing a game. You must design the interface, the main character (if 3rd person view) or any other characters, and the background."

• You must use a character from an action game and place it in an adventure game.
  • You can not copy any graphics from the original game.
    Thats all.

Ghost

That sounds too good to resist; I'll edit this later for my entry. Fun idea!

One quick question; "action game" means FPS too (characters from UT or Doom), or only action / action-adventure (like Tomb Raider)?

Stupot

I might have a bash at this... got a few ideas in my head already.

Galen

Quote from: Ghost on Wed 30/01/2008 10:50:07
One quick question; "action game" means FPS too (characters from UT or Doom), or only action / action-adventure (like Tomb Raider)?
I'd hope so. Only including action-adventure would be somewhat sucky.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Wow, Sonic seems to be a favourite, it's the second entry in what's probably the fourth ever Mockup Blitz that features Sonic. :D
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Ghost

DESCENT 4: The Adventure Game
Once again you return to the robot-infested mines, but this time, you're no longer
playing the Material Defender but FLOYD, the charming robot tour guide!
* Fire flares to light the map!
* Interact with a cool environment by bumbing into things!
* Beep annoyingly as much as you want!
* Curse the fact that you do *not* have a dialog option!

For those of you who haven't played Descent and Descent 2, "Floyd" is the inofficial nickname for the "tour bot", a small robot that was used to guide the player- it could find certain locations and (most importantly) it would destroy your ship if your shield was as low as 1 and it collided with you.
Ironically, whenever I sent Floyd out to find shield powerups for me, he *did* crash into me.

joelphilippage

These are both really good entry's. Good job!
Quote from: Ghost on Wed 30/01/2008 10:50:07
Yes Basically any non-adventure game.

CodeJunkie

Super Mario Adventure

Typical of the adventure genre, Mario now needs to solve long convoluted puzzles to achieve simple tasks such as jumping on Koopas or headbutting blocks.

x2, 55 colours, but 86 with the tint (couldn't find any nice lower colour alternative :( )

Radiant

Galen

Since the deadline has passed, I'll vote for CodeJunkie's Super Mario Adventure.

Ubel

Quote from: Radiant on Sat 02/02/2008 23:23:17
Quote from: Ghost on Thu 31/01/2008 15:56:26
DESCENT 4: The Adventure Game
Woot! Descent FTW! Gowingnut!

DESCENT FTW!!! Let's form a club. I'll vote for Ghost just for the fact that it's Descent.

"But that's unfair! You shouldn't vote for such reasons", someone thinks.

Well... Bite me...

voh

Ghost, mostly due to the 'use disguise kit' which made me ROTFFLMFAO.

Yeah.
Still here.

Lamak

I vote for Eggie ("Jump Jump Jump..." etc.  ;D)

As for CodeJunkie's entry, I didn't know that Mario's butt was looking that great.

joelphilippage

Sorry I completely forgot about this. I would end the vote now but it seems we have a tie between Ghost and CodeJunkie. I actually like Eggies best because of it's creativity but I don't know if I'm allowed to vote.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

thebaddie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk