Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

BETA-Testers Required. 6 days from now. The more the merrier. Special skills: hunting bugs ability +4. Charisma: 14+

PM me if you're interested. Beta period 18-24.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Da_Duke2000

I'm in need of some basic character and environment sprites for our AGS Point and Click game called Forge.

Forge is being developed by Quill O' The Wisp, and is a sequel to the game of LOOM.
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40526.0

Our site is here:
http://forge.freeiz.com/

Examples of the art style we need can be seen here:
http://oeo.la/_50oHC
(Its a RAR file on my host)

A small list of needs are:
-Walking/Talking Character animations
-Object transformations
-Misc animations including animals, background atmosphere enhancements

Its a relatively small job, maybe 10-15 animations, some have 4-5 frames, some are 10-20. If this raises your interest, please email me at Da_Duke2000@hotmail.com, or MSN me at the same address.

Quill O' The Wisp - Forge Homepage
http://forge.freeiz.com/

Warren

The project:   House Md

About: this is going to be about the famous tv show doctor, House.
Solve medical mysteries and generally making all the doctors around
you miserable.  I'm looking to grasp the 'essence' of house, so if
you're not passionate in house, you need not apply.

In search of: an Animator/Artist who can put together a panel of
characters, you'll be working from scratch, so this is a big undertaking I think.
The characters basically just have to blend in with the background quality provided.

Anyone else who is willing to contribute, please reply.
I'm open to all avenues of creativity, sound artists or writers.

The game so far is only a prototype and is a crude setup of backgrounds and sounds.
I have only 4 room designs so far and only a rough draft for a story. There is also no game logic yet
so any scripters... Welcome.

I realize I should have more to show, but I really want to recruit others to
assist in this undertaking.

Thanks for your time.

m0ds

Hey folks, this thread is for recruitment, not chit chat. Please continue it elsewhere!

barefoot

Hi

I have made a few games with AGS and my background graphic skills are not as good as i would like, which tends to spoil the game..

The Game I am working on is based on Dr Who's enemy: the Daleks... (No real running title yet). I have made a few Dalek sprites which are ok (slight alteration to their looks will be implimented to make them a litttle different..ie wings on head etc)... the story line is simple: The Daleks are coming to steal all of our resources before destroying the planet...

Unfortunately the Doctor has been suspended and his TARDIS taken away by the Master Time Lords and is unable to come here to help.... but he can teleport stuff.

A young enthusiast picks up the Daleks signal of their intentions.. but no one believes him!

What I would like is if somebody would be prepared to design a few backgrounds based on particular scenerios..eg Water dam... Power station....and maybe a few objects etc etc

Basic shot:

If anyone would like to assist me on this new project that would be great. Credit will be given....

Please give indication of skills you can help with.

Game 640x480 and 16-bit

cheers
barefoot

I May Not Be Perfect but I Have A Big Heart ..

m0ds

I'm looking for a GUI artist to make my one themed and better looking for the game I'm working on! PM me :)

The work-in-progress interface. It's a GUI for 320x200 res and should follow a fairly similar layout to the original.

Codex

Project: Indiana Jones and the Shade of Odysseus

Recruiting: LEAD ARTIST for BGs and Sprite work

Thread: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40919.0
Site: http://www.shadeofodysseus.com

I'm kind of at a place where I can finish the game on my own rather quickly, but would be more than thrilled if anyone wanted to come in and really rock the art.  I'm not skilled at pixel work.  I have a full script with a linked Room/Sprite manifest, and the story is killer!  All I need is YOU!

If you aspire to create FOA-style-worthy art and need a framework to do so, please PM me!  I'm comfortable with using Googledocs to collaborate, I'm a really hard worker, and a good project leader.

Thanks! ~Codex

Blobby 101

Red Dwarf fangame - Back in production

After a short break for school related things (exams mostly) and a large graphical redesign, the Red Dwarf adventure game is back in production. Due to the fact that i quickly realised my old graphical style (although nice) was unmanageable I decided to do what I'm good at - 3D modelling. With the new 3D look I will be needing 3D characters - unfortunately this is where my 3D art skills fall down, on characters, So i'm looking for someone who would be willing to make 4 characters (no complicated texturing or animating required - i can do this myself) and a head ;)

Obviously I know how hard 3D modelling can be so i'm not expecting anyone to do this for free - I'd be willing to offer between £10 - £15 for the models. Knowledge of Red Dwarf would be preferable but is not required - there are plenty of Red Dwarf images and clips available online to use for reference.

The characters I need would be: David Lister, The Cat, Arnold Rimmer and Kryten. I'd also need the head of Holly (the male, Norman Lovett version). These should be in a semi-cartoony style to match the backgrounds (picture below).

New background:

And here's a link to the thread to show my progress on the game and some old pictures of it: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40312.0

Thanks for reading this, please PM me if you're interested ;)

DOWNLOAD

Atelier

I'm looking for a MIDI maker to work on a soundtrack for Text Quest, my text-based game. It's a medieval fantasy, with a hint of RPGness :=

There are 12 rooms in total, and I would provide the descriptions of each, which the player will be reading, to help you get a feel of what kind of atmosphere needs to be created. I'm never working to any deadline so I can be flexible in that respect.

Cheers, and please PM me if you're interested!

Musician found.

Moogle

Hello all. As of now I am currently helping a members with 2 games but for now he wants to work with 1.Fatal board seems to be a really great game from what I here. It reminds me of the game heavy rain & indigo Prophecy. It seems hes just starting out on the game, but it's a big game so we may - need a little help Smiley. If any one would like to join this creation then please do say or just pm me.I will keep everyone posted with art & scripts for this game.Oh let me list what he need from people below
...ill have to ask him later
OSD online

ddq

I'm in need of seven voice actors for an Oceanspirit Dennis game. The roles I'm looking to fill include 1) Strong Texas accent, 2) Professional news anchor,  3) Telephone operator, 4) Female celebrity gossip TV host, 5) Batman, 6) Cloud Strife, and 7) a dumber than a bag of hammers 18-years-and-one-day-old girl nothing anymore.  

EDIT: All set.

Ethan D

I'm looking for a sprite artist/animator. (All background art is covered.) I can sort of do sprites myself but they take me forever and so I was hoping someone could help out.  If anyone can I can probably finish my game in about a month if not it'll take like 2-3 months.

Anyway, I can supply you with the few sprites I have now to show the style or you can make sprites that fit with the background. (Whichever you like.)

I know it's bad to be picky when looking for an artist but here goes:  Artist must be hardworking and able to meet deadlines. 

Anyway, more details on the game:  The Johnson Report: Prologue

If your even remotely interested I would love to know and to work with you!

cat

I want to improve my MAGS game "Head over Heels" before adding it to the database. So I'm looking for a MIDI-composer. If you are interested, pm me for details.

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=40771.msg542203#msg542203

Edit: Position filled!

gonzo29

I need the help of a programmer.  Nevermind, I think I can probably manage on my own.  Will post further questions in the technical forum.  Thanks Steve.

The game is called "Circle the Aardvark in the Back of the Pickup Truck"

It is an arcade game roughly based off of the game "Whack-a-Mole".  There is a 3X3 grid of pickup trucks, from which randomly appear either an aardvark, a sand lark, or Otto von Bismarck.  The objective is to use the mouse to draw a closed figure that encloses any aardvarks on the screen, but misses any sand larks and Bismarcks.

Two functions basically make up the core of the game, and I am having trouble writing them.

One recognizes when a closed figure has been drawn by the mouse.  I actually have a decent working version of this function, but it makes mistakes occasionally and I can't pinpoint quite why.

The other function identifies which objects are within the closed figure that has just been drawn.  I have an idea of how this might be accomplished, but I haven't written any code because I suspect that my method is more complicated than necessary, and I don't think the array handling in AGS is fast enough for it to be a feasible option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kweepa

gonzo,
Firstly, I think you have posted in the wrong forum - unless you actually want a programmer to join your game team - but I'll leave it up to a moderator to decide where to put this.
Secondly, you have chosen a pair of somewhat tricky problems to solve.

Here is how I would go about it:

To recognise a closed loop:
record the mouse position every time it travels more than, say, 12 pixels, in an array
define a line segment as the last recorded position to the current mouse position
work backwards in the mouse position array, making a line segment from adjacent points at each step
test for crossing (or touching) of the two lines (and trim the lines if they cross)
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/geometry/lineline2d/
- you have your closed loop

To test for inside/outside the loop:
start at the position of an aardvark/sandlark/bismarck
count the number of line segment crossings from the point to the edge of the screen, in any direction (left/right/up/down)
if it's odd, the point is inside the closed loop
This article explains how to handle edge cases: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_in_polygon

PM me if you need any more help!

[EDIT]
I knocked up some code that can be dropped in an empty room script to do basically what you want. When check_inside is called, call check_xy for each object to determine if it's inside or outside the loop.
Code: ags

// room script file

struct Point
{
  float x, y;
};

Point ps[128];
int p = 0;

int loopStart;

bool breset = false;

function reset()
{
  p = 0;
  ps[p].x = IntToFloat(mouse.x);
  ps[p].y = IntToFloat(mouse.y);
}

function move_down()
{
  if (p < 127)
  {
    p++;
  }
  else
  {
    int i = 0;
    while (i < p)
    {
      ps[i].x = ps[i+1].x;
      ps[i].y = ps[i+1].y;
      i++;
    }
    loopStart--;
  }
}

bool check_xy(int x, int y)
{
  // make sure there's no possibility of touching
  float fx = IntToFloat(x) + 0.5;
  float fy = IntToFloat(y) + 0.5;
  int i = loopStart;
  int nc = 0;
  while (i < p)
  {
    float x1 = ps[i].x;
    float y1 = ps[i].y;
    float x2 = ps[i+1].x;
    float y2 = ps[i+1].y;

float dy1 = fy-y1;
    float dy2 = y2-fy;
    // y1 --- fy --- y2
    if (dy1*dy2 > 0.0)
    {
      float s = dy1/(dy1+dy2);
      float cx = x1 + s*(x2-x1);
      if (cx < fx)
      {
        nc++;
      }
    }
    i++;
  }

if ((nc%2) == 1)
  {
    return true;
  }
  return false;
}

function check_inside()
{
  DrawingSurface *surf = Room.GetDrawingSurfaceForBackground();
  if (check_xy(160, 100))
  {
    surf.DrawingColor = Game.GetColorFromRGB(255, 0, 0);
  }
  else
  {
    surf.DrawingColor = Game.GetColorFromRGB(0, 0, 0);
  }
  int i = loopStart;
  while (i < p)
  {
    surf.DrawLine(FloatToInt(ps[i].x), FloatToInt(ps[i].y), FloatToInt(ps[i+1].x), FloatToInt(ps[i+1].y));
    i++;
  }

surf.Release();

reset();
}

function repeatedly_execute_always()
{
  if (!breset)
  {
    breset = true;
    reset();
  }
  float mx = IntToFloat(mouse.x);
  float my = IntToFloat(mouse.y);

{
    int i = p-2;
    while (i > 0)
    {
      if (ps[i].x == mx && ps[i].y == my)
      {
        // easy closed loop
        loopStart = i;
        move_down();
        ps[p].x = mx;
        ps[p].y = my;

check_inside();
      }
      else
      {
        // test for crossing
        float x1 = ps[i].x;
        float y1 = ps[i].y;
        float x2 = ps[i+1].x;
        float y2 = ps[i+1].y;

float ox = ps[p].x;
        float oy = ps[p].y;

float ux = x2-x1;
        float uy = y2-y1;
        float vx = mx-ox;
        float vy = my-oy;

// a + s*u = b + t*v
        // two simultaneous equations
        // x1 + s*ux = ox + t*vx
        // y1 + s*uy = oy + t*vy

// s = (ox-x1 + t*vx)/ux
        // y1 + (ox-x1 + t*vx)/ux*uy = oy + t*vy
        // (ox-x1 + t*vx)*uy = (oy-y1 + t*vy)*ux
        // (ox-x1)*uy - (oy-y1)*ux = t*(vy*ux - vx*uy)
        // t = ((ox-x1)*uy - (oy-y1)*ux)/(vy*ux - vx*uy)

// vx*t = x1-ox + s*ux
        // (y1-oy)*vx + s*uy*vx = vy*(x1-ox) + s*ux*vy
        // s = ((y1-oy)*vx - (x1-ox)*vy)/(vy*ux - vx*uy)

// each of these must be between 0 and 1

float d = vy*ux - vx*uy;
        if (d > 0.000001 || d < -0.000001)
        {
          float s = ((y1-oy)*vx - (x1-ox)*vy)/d;
          float t = ((ox-x1)*uy - (oy-y1)*ux)/d;
          if (s > 0.0 && s < 1.0 && t > 0.0 && t < 1.0)
          {
            // crossing, so tidy up
            loopStart = i;
            float cx = x1 + s*ux;
            float cy = y1 + s*uy;
            ps[i].x = cx;
            ps[i].y = cy;
            move_down();
            ps[p].x = cx;
            ps[p].y = cy;

check_inside();
          }
        }
      }
      i--;
    }
    float dx = mx - ps[p].x;
    float dy = my - ps[p].y;
    if (dx*dx + dy*dy > 144.0)
    {
      move_down();
      ps[p].x = mx;
      ps[p].y = my;

DrawingSurface *surf = Room.GetDrawingSurfaceForBackground();
      surf.DrawingColor = Game.GetColorFromRGB(0, 255, 0);
      surf.DrawLine(FloatToInt(ps[p-1].x), FloatToInt(ps[p-1].y), FloatToInt(ps[p].x), FloatToInt(ps[p].y));
      surf.Release();
    }
  }
}
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Atelier

Um... don't want to be an @ss hole but shouldn't this have been done in pm?

Pinback

Hi,

I'm making a small-medium length game in AGS (freeware of course), thought I might poke around and see if I could find some people interested in working with me on this one. It's not a big game, my deadline is a couple of months off, so I want to make it very polished.
It's kind of a sci-fi setting, lots of robots and a little black humor.

Here's an early test SS.

I'm looking for a writer, musician and a programmer.

Whether you want to input a little or a lot is fine, although what I'm really hoping for is to hook up with someone likeminded whom I can work with on future projects too. So yeah, if you have skills in writing, music or programming and are interested, send some samples to this address;

gobletleechen@gmail.com

I will of course reciprocate for any help given, I can do almost any graphics you might need.

EDIT) Thanks to those who have applied, I'll be getting back to all of you eventually. I'll be keeping applications open for some time though, so if you think you'd like to help don't hesitate to email me.

EDIT) Also need a programmer to help with the more complex things like dialogue trees and global variable functions. And anything else that baffles me along the way:)

EDIT) Thanks to all who applied! I have found several talented people to work with on this project now.

DrewCCU

LOOKING FOR VOICE ACTOR(s)

We are looking for someone who is REALLY good at impressions - in particular someone who can nail the original cast and crew of Star Trek the original series.  More specifically than that even, being able to do Kirk (William Shatner), Spock (Leonard Nimoy), Dr. "Bones" McCoy (DeForest Kelley) are ESSENTIAL.  We would also really like to have voices for Scotty (James Doohan), Sulu (George Takei) and Uhura (Nichelle Nichols).

If you can do most or even just one of these voices pretty good (and i don't mean just being able to sound like the character saying one line.  You have to be able to read dialog.  I mean anyone can sound like arnold schwarzenegger saying "I'll be back!".  We need you to be able to speak in this characters voice.) Anyway - if you can do any of these characters let us know.  You can send me a PM and while you're at it go ahead and send us a sample of your impersonation in a sound file to startrekadventures@gmail.com

Thanks,
WWW.StarTrekAdventures.Com  Team
"So much of what we do is ephemeral and quickly forgotten, even by ourselves, so it's gratifying to have something you have done linger in people's memories."
-John Williams

Dualnames

No idea for the length of the game at this point.
But I'm looking for:

Character Artists+Animators

I'm working on a horror game, more details will be given to those interested. It's more of a psychological horror game, rather than a shoot em up. Below is probably the first screen of the game, it's more of a first person thing anyway, the rest of the game will have more 3rd person perspective backgrounds, but you can see the style.

If you're interested, pm me.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

HereticGamer

I'm currently working on a sci-fi/post-apocalyptic/cyberpunk game and I need a background artist for the game.

I'll post the original advert from TIGSource on here:

So I'm looking for a background designer for a sci-fi/post-apocalyptic/cyberpunk adventure game, with a design aesthetic similar to TimeSplitter 2's NeoTokyo and Robot Factory levels, mixed with a Fallout flavour.

The backgrounds need to be at 320x200, and if you want to have a look at the various influences there are a few links here:

Robot Factory Video
NeoTokyo Video

The first room is a cell where the main character is being held. There is a cell in the top-left hand corner and the rest of the room is open-plan. The ceiling is tiled and there is a mechanical door in the right wall. A medium-sized generator machine is placed in the center of the room. It should use the same greenish-gunmetal scheme as in the Robot Factory and look as if it has been derelict for a while.

If you could make tht room I'll consider it a trial basis, and see if it would match up to the rest of the game :)

Thank you in advance guys.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk