Background Blitz - Ended

Started by loominous, Fri 10/04/2009 14:43:00

Previous topic - Next topic

loominous

Welcome to
STAN'S USED [?]

Guidelines:

Can be anything from used rollercoasters to pepper mints.

Stan doesn't have to be featured inside the background,
and the style doesn't have to fit any of the MI games.

Resolution and colours should work inside AGS.

~~~~

Good luck!

Looking for a writer

DrewCCU

here's my entry. it may be slightly inappropriate. anyway - i'm still new to the whole painting with photoshop thing. i went with a very cartoony look for this bg

"So much of what we do is ephemeral and quickly forgotten, even by ourselves, so it's gratifying to have something you have done linger in people's memories."
-John Williams

EdLoen

I present to you:

Stan's Used Used Car Lots!  Why go though the expence of buying a New Used Car Lot , when you can buy Used! 

abstauber

Welcome to
Stan's used Limbs

Ever lost important parts of your body? Afraid to get drunk in your favorite grog bar without a decent torso? Not anymore my friend as Stan's used Limbs has now officially been opened. I offer three different qualitiy groups: Gold, Silver and Rust.
No body parts that can't be replaced!! Everything's a bargain!!!

As this is background blitz I've been pretty lazy on details ;)

Kastchey

Okay so the technique plain sucks this time, anyway, here goes:

Welcome to.. Stan's Used Adventure Game Characters!
So what will it be, Mr. Developer? How about this young pirate? Or this brave archeologist? I assure you, each of them will give your game a real unique touch!

loominous

Cool entries!

Just wanted to point out the short deadline (1 1/2 weeks), so to all my fellow procrastinators: don't delay, join today!
Looking for a writer

Fedx

Haha Katschey, nice touch with the arrogant man xD
- The gamer doesn't dies... he respawns -

Kastchey

Heh. See if you can identify the others. There is not a single no-name character in the picture, each of them comes from a game.

Fedx

Haha yeah I know who are the others, exept 2 or 3, but I said that because I love the DeFoe series ;)
- The gamer doesn't dies... he respawns -

SpacePaw

Beneath a steel sky :D I like how you made him in the jumpy with the bear hahah :)

Dualnames

Lol there's goblins there too!!!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Geratuza

i'm missing bobbin threadbare though ;-)

loominous

Ok, time to vote!

(Ends in 24 hours)
Looking for a writer

Matti

If there are no categories this time I'll just vote for Kastchey. It's a very funny idea and well drawn too.

Ubel

I like Kastchey's idea but my vote goes for abstauber because it looks great. Nicely imitated MI style. The idea isn't bad either.

Hudders

abstauber. It does a great job of imitating the MI style.

One thing bothers me though: if it's a limb store, why does it stock heads and torsos? :P

loominous

Whoops, forgot mentioning the categories. Single votes this time around then.
Looking for a writer

Cryxo

I vote for Kastchey's.

I think that IMO the idea of it is very clever.  ;D
Currently working on "My Neighbour is a Serial Killer"
with a certain friend of mine called Geork.

Geratuza

Vote to Kastchey for his idea and technique. And Bobbin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk