Ghost Voyage

Started by thecatamites, Mon 21/12/2009 05:22:53

Previous topic - Next topic

thecatamites

short contest entry. a young girl's attempts to remove a lion from her kitchen lead to more trouble than she'd bargained for!

CONTROLS:
leftclick to move, rightclick to interact, esc to bring up menu

music is 'snow hare' by zan-zan-zawa-veia

Download:
http://gamejolt.com/freeware/games/ghost-voyage/files/ghost-voyage/download/1256/1931/
Games 4 Schools Dot Com play games made for schools and teens to lkearn

Leon

Funny graphics. The music is nice at first, but then starts to become annoying. A bit too repetitive? I also crashed the game, while returning to the livingroom
Spoiler
with the lion following me.
[close]

in "room6.asc", line 43

Error: MoveCharacter: character not in current room.

I notice this happens also with other rooms (i.e. also when going back into the kitchen).

[update]
Finished!  What a lovely story. A fairytale :-)  Found some small little issues (typo's, walkbehinds etc) but apart from that, very cute!
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

thecatamites

Oh yeah, I know what's causing that. I made this fairly quickly and was very sloppy with the variables. I'll upload a new version soon. Thanks! I'm glad you liked the story too, haha.

thecatamites

also might as well mention that this was made for a contest on rpgmaker.net and when they announced the results recently this got second place
also bein pretty passive-aggressive here heh but any crits you guys would have would be very appreciated!

LRH

Haha, I liked it. It was super quick but had a nice charm. I especially liked the language such as "substantial dowry" instead of, say, "a lot of cash". By the way...
Spoiler
What was the cat food for? I never had to use it...
[close]

FORGOT TO MENTION:
The bird-lord was the best part of the game. Period.

Bulbapuck

Was a bit bored tonight and decided to try a random game. This was that random game :)

This game is awesome :D, a great way to spend 20 mins. Thank you!

thecatamites

Thanks, glad you liked it!

Quote from: Domithan on Thu 21/01/2010 20:43:10
Spoiler
What was the cat food for? I never had to use it...
[close]

It was partly a red herring intended to hint to the player that they had to
Spoiler
feed the lion
[close]
but also part of it was that this was made pretty quickly so I just made stuff up as I went along for the most part!

LRH

Ah okay, nifty game in either case. For something made so quickly and being as short as it was, it was very enjoyable.

Igor Hardy

Domithan made a Let's Play of GV for HardyDev, so everyone who wants to hear him talk of his personal ghost voyage... come here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5F8faImpuo

Ghost

Huh? I didn't go anywhere...  :P

Downloading, this really looks interesting.

Ali

Quote from: Domithan on Thu 21/01/2010 20:43:10
The bird-lord was the best part of the game. Period.

Me and Nelly are also big fans of the birdlord.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk