Background Blitz- Contest Closed

Started by Kelma, Wed 16/06/2010 01:54:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelma

Theme: A Garden

Create a garden with only the limitations of your imagination.  It can be anything from a beautiful paradise to a withered and weedy ruin; you decide.

Winners will be decided for the following categories:

Idea - The creativity and originality of the work
Design- How innovative and intriguing is the depiction of the idea/theme? How well do content and details enhance the work?
Technique-The artistic skill and style employed in depicting the theme.
Functionality- How well the background would work in a game.

Enjoy!

SookieSock

I am going to enter, but it won't be in till the end of the day.

I hope some one else is going to do one, I don't want to be all on my lonesome.

Chicky

I really love that SookieSock! reminds me of a children's book  :)

Victor6

Quote from: SookieSock on Wed 30/06/2010 03:51:06

I hope some one else is going to do one, I don't want to be all on my lonesome.

I did start one, however the summer heat keeps melting my brain and prevented me from finishing.

Kelma

Thanks for your entry Sookie!

Unfortunately it's not much of a contest without more than 1 entry, so I've decided to extend the deadline by a few days.  I hope that's okay with everybody :>

straydogstrut

That's great news! I hope you get more entries.

I had started an entry - it's literally "a garden" since it was also meant to be a father's day card (my dad's a gardener, obviously) - but it never really went anywhere.

I'll try to finish it and enter it to make up the numbers. No way I can match Sookie's quality though!

Crimson Wizard

I want to try too. Just started though. I have not much free time recently, but I'll try my best to finish in time. Besides, I need practice, and I found competitions are best at pushing me to do something ;)

Crimson Wizard

Umm... I have a question. I want to participate but I will only have time to finish my picture tomorrow (3rd July), but I won't be able to use internet until late sunday (4th July, GMT+3 time). So I wonder, will you wait for me? :)

Kelma

No problem Crimson!!  I want to make sure I don't cut off any time zones early anyway, so I probably won't start the voting until the morning of the 5th.

Crimson Wizard

Okay, this is my entry. It's a little bit unpolished though, because I must go to bed now (I rise to my work in early morning); also that's why I just painted distant background fast... anyway, I think I succeeded in what I wanted to do :)

My Little Magic Garden

Fröken Björk of the town of Olgrad knows a magic secret which keeps her flower shop running even in the middle of the winter...

Atelier

That's really good! :)
But Sookiesock's is too!

It will be hard to vote.

Victor6

Out of time again, so no lighting, no shadows, no finished backdrop and no perspective correction.

....but hey, the flowers look pretty (and it makes up numbers bit.)

Domino

straydogstrut

:o WOW! :o Amazing entries from everyone, it's almost a crime to tack my crappy entry on the end=S

Well I did say i'd enter. So here's some filler:

There's plenty I wanted to add -  more shadows, fix the bird table and greenhouse etc, better highlights on the tree.. but i'm shattered to be honest. Gonna call it a night.

Great entries everyone=)

Crimson Wizard

Umm... I am watching my entry on another computer and it looks like there is way too much green hue in it. (I've drawn picture on my laptop, which displays everything in pastel colours)  Is it how other people see this, or its just a weird monitor of mine? :-\

straydogstrut

Looks fine at my end. Colour overall is a bit richer than pastel, but I don't see a problem with the green. The whole thing works really well.

It's very good=)

Kelma

Time to begin the voting!

Winners will be chosen for each of the following categories:

Idea - The creativity and originality of the work
Design- How innovative and intriguing is the depiction of the idea/theme? How well do content and details enhance the work?
Technique-The artistic skill and style employed in depicting the theme.
Functionality- How well the background would work in a game.

Please vote for a winner in each category.

Voting ends July 9th.

straydogstrut

Idea - Crimson Wizard
Design - Victor6
Technique - SookieSock
Functionality - SookieSock

Wonkyth

Idea - Crimson Wizard.
Design - Crimson Wizard.
Technique - SookieSock.
Functionality - Victor6.
"But with a ninja on your face, you live longer!"