Background Blitz - Crime Noir (10-24 July)

Started by SookieSock, Sat 10/07/2010 18:27:04

Previous topic - Next topic

SookieSock

Crime Noir

The background must exemplify everything about crime Noir.
Hard shadows and big cities are mandatory.

Atelier

Dualnames

Quote from: AtelierGames on Sat 10/07/2010 18:28:25
When does it end?

NEVER! MWAHAHHAHAHA (damn, I got to halt down with the posting) No restrictions right? Just something to fit the theme, I presume
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SookieSock

Yep. It just has to be dark moody and sort of in the right setting (no pretty colours).

Virgil

Are there any other requirements such as size or aspect ratio?

SookieSock

It just has to be compatible with the AGS engine.

evenwolf

Very promising contest.

--reserved--
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Digital Mosaic Games

Hey cool!!! I have this book. When I drew comics and I was in my SIN-CITY-time I bought this book. It´s really useful.

btw: The background is like in the book. Good work. I think you could just put a bit more grey in it. And make the contrast from black to white a bit softer like in the sin city movies.
An other tip: If everything is black white for example a detective character and a little accesoire is colored for example his cravate, it´s a really cool effect in my eyes. But don´t overtract it. We wanna keep it dark. ;)

SookieSock

Love the entry Jim.

Keep them coming guys.

Kweepa

Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Jim Reed

Played Mugsy 1 and 2, but no, this was actually Matts fault.

Matt Frith

Here is my entry.  I decided to go for a vertically scrolling background to get the full city effect.  Hope you enjoy it :)

Sughly

Hi - long time lurker but never posted, so this is my first effort. Because of that I'm not completely familiar with all the rules (I did try my best to brush up on them all  :-[)

Used the larger res and tried to go for the noir-cartoon. Was gonna try for more detail but got lazy and filled the place up with mist  ;D

Sorry if the res is TOO big...  :-[

Crimson Wizard

Guess I'll pass this time, not my topic perhaps, nothing comes to mind.

Armageddon

Wow Sughly, that looks great, it's like the monkey island 3 style. :D

Wish I was that good.

Sughly

Quote from: Armageddon on Tue 20/07/2010 18:05:40
Wow Sughly, that looks great, it's like the monkey island 3 style. :D

Wish I was that good.
Thanks!  That's quite a compliment  ;D

I do regret the small bit of smoke against the left wall though. Looks like some weird alien... foetus... thing.

EDIT: by the way Tier, the detail in yours is amazing...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk