Night of the Testicle

Started by , Sun 08/05/2011 06:25:35

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Night of the Testicle
Version 1.0 - First release - has an error
Version 1.1 - Still some errors in the timed sequence - to be fixed soon
Version 1.2 - fixed

A comedy sequel to Day of the Testicle (included in the zip file)

You play as Lefty McBollock with the challenge to help save his home city from destruction! Who is behind the plot, why are they - and did I even program an explanation to either of those questions? Find out in this twisted tale of time travel and testes! It should have you puzzled for 30 mins plus...!

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?category=&action=detail&id=1430

The download is 176mb, and features:
» 20 playable rooms
» 40 mins of original MIDI or MP3 music
» Guest artwork
» More than 50 teh sound effect!
» Extended ending
» NPC's that don't walk

Note: I decided not to disable skipping speech, but please be aware, if you do skip speech by clicking mouse (or pressing ESC in a cut scene to skip it), you'll knock the dialogue and music timings out of kilter. For the best experience, let the dialog roll! Just so you know :)

Not suitable for kids!
There's strong language & silly puzzles - but no known critical errors. A couple of music playing errors but that's AGS 2.72's fault, not mine!

For hints and tips email: support@screen7.co.uk

Understandably, as this is just made for fun - it's not heavily polished. I'm sure you'll find some missing interactions. The whole thing is made up of pretty lackluster art. And everything I learned whilst making Lost In Paradise...I haven't applied to this game at all ;) I've used old slapdash methods and did all the testing myself so if you have any problems please let me know! NOTT was just to get me back into the mood of games design & now I'm going to push harder at it than ever before. Expect to see some more sensible games in the near future ;)

Thanks to everyone who helped make this exist! The question is - should it?  :=

Special thanks to Boob304 & Gilbert CHEEEUNG for being good sports  8) And everyone else the game abuses..

Keep an eye out for the special edition, which will be more polished, and will include the special features, improved art and dialogue.

:)
Mods

PS: For clarity - there is no sexual imagery in the game. Just a walkin', talkin', quest solvin' bollock.

Miguel R. Fervenza

Let's go! At last a philosophical AGS game. Thanks Mods.

m0ds

To the city! Thanks David :)

edmundito

Mods, dunno what else to say: you're a genius of crudeness.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Igor Hardy

That was an awesome explosion! Currently at the professor's.

Gilbert

Hehe. Because of this I finally have something under "My games" in my profile page, after all these years. :=

m0ds

Igor - glad you like the Hollywood special FX!! :P Timed puzzle for you ahead... lol

Iceyboty - Yes! Finally! Your first credit! I noticed that yesterday too! :o Thanks for finding those ancient photos, Governor Cheung ;D

Ed - Thanks! I think  ::)

abstauber

Incredible how much effort you've put into this - and even more that I'm currently highly entertained ;D

Gilbert

Heh The timer ran too fast! Took me tries to get past it.

I'm currently stuck anyway.
Spoiler
I'm in the past with my previous self blocking the way and the past future governor rolling on the ground and I don't know what to do.
[close]
I don't want hints yet though, hopefully I can find the way out on my own.

m0ds

Quote from: Iceboty V7000a on Mon 09/05/2011 18:44:12
Heh The timer ran too fast! Took me tries to get past it.

I'm currently stuck anyway.
Spoiler
I'm in the past with my previous self blocking the way and the past future governor rolling on the ground and I don't know what to do.
[close]
I don't want hints yet though, hopefully I can find the way out on my own.

Ahh, a minor bug perhaps...or just bad coding on my behalf. Something I'll need to rectify in the SE.

Spoiler
You'll need to stay out of his way. I didn't think about what happens if you just 'stand' there..
[close]

Dirk - thanks! Too much effort perhaps ;)

m0ds

****!!!! Gilbert's error is a bit of a showstopper. Better fix that now  :-[

Download isn't available for a couple of hours (til 6am GMT)

Fixed.

Also made some minor improvements elsewhere. Store your save games , re-download & load a saved game from an earlier point. Sorry about that  :-[

As I mentioned before though, if you still have v1.0 and saved before this point in the game, you can:

Spoiler
Just move down out of 'your' way to keep the game rolling
[close]

Gilbert

Great, so it's not my inability in ruling this game :=.

Re-downloading.

Edit: Beat it already. Nice ending.
Spoiler
Cliff Hanger!
[close]

m0ds

Nice one Gilbert! Thanks for playing. Just one question -

Spoiler
Did you bother to lay the item at the end or not?
[close]
;)

Gilbert

Spoiler
Did you mean the items that prevent the rolling fool to become the next governor? Is that necessary to win the game? I thought I would get a game over if I didn't do so. maybe I'll load up the save game and see what happens when the timer expires. :=
[close]

m0ds

Thanks!

Spoiler
Just interested to see what path you might have taken. But yep, let that one roll for 1 min extra fun ;)
[close]

Gilbert

Yep. I see it now, but the result isn't much different, unless...
Spoiler
there is a way to NOT be so kind to Mr Bum. :=
[close]
BUT:
Spoiler
It seems that you don't need to really put the item on the ground. Just talk to the rolling man without laying the item could lead to the same result. This minor glitch doen't break anything though. There are several other minor glitches (which is understandable considering that the game is not supposed to be very polished, one that I can remember is that you can go to the side of Jizz Corp, even when the angry mob are still there. It doesn't break anything though.
[close]

m0ds

I see, thanks for the notes, dude. Nasty globular ints! I didn't know about that one... It was only tested by me in the end and was taking several minutes for AGS to save and run it every time. But thanks! Consider yourself an un-credited tester, too ;D

Spoiler
The result is exactly the same yep
[close]

TomatoesInTheHead

Nice and funny, but it hung on my computer after the timed sequence (if there are more than one: the first one). Screen went black with sound only (I guess that bit was on purpose?) but then there was just silence and non-responsiveness and I had to kill the process. :( You don't happen to have a savegame of anywhere near before this point, do you?

Also if it helps for debugging: I was just about to leave the room when the timer went off, so maybe the beginning of the cutscene interfered with the ChangeRoom or something.

m0ds

Thanks Tomatos! Hmm, could that be the video file causing you a problem? I've not been able to re-create the error. That section is a real mess - I will have to make a new version asap. You can re-enter the building which kind of mucks it up if the timer is running, and Gilbert's comment about being able to reach the side-bit early led me to try but that caused no hanging for me when entering the timed sequence a second and third time. What sounds did you hear? I honestly haven't tested visiting anywhere else on the map during that sequence so something like that may mess up the programming. Otherwise you're probably onto something about the changeroom command having a tiz, but it's a hard one to re-create..!

Anyway, there's a save game here but I'm not sure if it will work because it's from an updated unreleased version. Give it a try. Thanks for letting me know about your issues :)

TomatoesInTheHead

Thanks for the savegame, restoring in this version works.
Now I've just waited till the timer went off without doing anything, but still the same problem, so it has nothing to do with the room change, but with the video file, as you said. Did you use a different codec for this video? All the other videos in the game worked fine.
The sounds I hear are from
Spoiler
a massive, probably city-wide, explosion
[close]
, so maybe only the audio from the video plays. It ends a bit abrupt though, after around 8-9 seconds, don't know if that's normal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk