Jibble

Author Topic: Bug reports & suggestions  (Read 101615 times)

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with web design
    • selmiak worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • selmiak worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Bug reports & suggestions
« Reply #600 on: 23 Oct 2020, 14:12 »
there is a bracket missing in the mouseover text for the filled yellow (userrating) cups on the game pages. I saw it here, but it is on every game with yellow cup rating
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2475-my-father-s-secret/

hover over the greyed out last yellow and read  "Rated 78% by the community (6 votes)", while hovering over the really yellow cups reads "Rated 78% by the community 6 votes)". notice the opening bracket missing.

AGA

• Adventure Game Aficionado
  • Administrator
  • Mittens Deity
  • ¡Qué alí­vio!
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • AGA worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • AGA worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #601 on: 27 Oct 2020, 18:04 »
there is a bracket missing in the mouseover text for the filled yellow (userrating) cups on the game pages. I saw it here, but it is on every game with yellow cup rating
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2475-my-father-s-secret/

hover over the greyed out last yellow and read  "Rated 78% by the community (6 votes)", while hovering over the really yellow cups reads "Rated 78% by the community 6 votes)". notice the opening bracket missing.

Fixed!

Sinitrena

• Mittens Serf
  • Wheel of Fate
    • Sinitrena worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Sinitrena worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #602 on: 08 Nov 2020, 17:23 »
There seems to be a bug with longer comments on games in the database. When there's a longer comment, there is a symbol ( >> ) that I assume is for showing the whole comment, but: the whole comment is already there even before clicking it, and when clicking it the comment text just repeats. See here for example.

« Reply #603 on: 01 Dec 2020, 23:50 »
Can't post anything at the forums. There's strange captcha and there're errors:

1) You have already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh.
2) You are not allowed to access this section.

And there's no any message from me at the forums. WTF.

« Reply #604 on: Yesterday at 03:59 »
You posted that alright :-)

Sinitrena

• Mittens Serf
  • Wheel of Fate
    •  
« Reply #605 on: Yesterday at 10:24 »
Would it be possible to get the same sorting features and details for the Fewer than Five People Have Rated and Games No One Has Rated lists as the All Games List already has? Like Author, Release Date (that's the one I really want), Panel Rating.
(I know: In the Next Versiontm, right?  ;))

AGA

• Adventure Game Aficionado
  • Administrator
  • Mittens Deity
  • ¡Qué alí­vio!
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    • AGA worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • AGA worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #606 on: Yesterday at 20:40 »
Would it be possible to get the same sorting features and details for the Fewer than Five People Have Rated and Games No One Has Rated lists as the All Games List already has? Like Author, Release Date (that's the one I really want), Panel Rating.
(I know: In the Next Versiontm, right?  ;))

It seems Santa came early this year.

Sinitrena

• Mittens Serf
  • Wheel of Fate
    •  
« Reply #607 on: Today at 06:01 »
Awe, an early present, just for me? Thank you.  :-[ :-* :-[

Oh no, it looks like Santa drove his sleight so fast that part of the present fell down!  8-0

(I really appreciate the effort, but sorting a list by certain information is far more useful when you can also see this information.)

Completely random: I just learned that AGS was already around in the seventies!  (nod)
There are a couple of games with a realese date of 1. Jan 1970 - obviously an automately generated date for games where no actual date was available. It would probably make more sense to change this to "Relese Date: not available" or something, but I doubt anyone pays that much attention to it.
Edit: Looking a bit closer, in the All Games List, these games have as their relesed date: "unknown", but on the individual games pages it's 1. Jan 1970.
« Last Edit: Today at 06:04 by Sinitrena »