AGS Development > Engine Development

AGS engine Mac OS X port

<< < (2/55) > >>

JanetC:

--- Quote from: Crimson Wizard on 11 Dec 2012, 10:08 ---@JanetC, also, a small note, seeing as you (https://github.com/JanetGilbert/ is your repository, right?) are merging our refactored code from time to time:
current 'ags/master' branch, while having more potential due to rewritten script interpreter (it is more compatible with 64-bit builds), is still considered a bit unstable (well, for the same reason ;)), and had new bugs in recent past. So if you are using your branch for shortly upcoming releases, I'd recommend not to update from our repository for some time.

--- End quote ---

Do you mean not to update from Refactory or master? Because I haven't updated in a while, but when I do, I use Refactory.

Thanks for the info on Mac, guys. Sounds like quite a task!

When you say "You could ask the Allegro Development list [1] how difficult porting Allegro 4 would be.", BigMc, I googled quickly and the Allegro downloads page seems to show that Allegro 4 is already Mac compatible. Am I not following something?

http://alleg.sourceforge.net/download.html

BigMc:
It works up to Mac OS X 10.6 and Allegro 4.4 was released before Mac OS X 10.7, so that information is probably outdated.

Crimson Wizard:

--- Quote from: JanetC on 11 Dec 2012, 20:30 ---Do you mean not to update from Refactory or master? Because I haven't updated in a while, but when I do, I use Refactory.

--- End quote ---
I mean both. There was a big change made in refactory branch (script interpreter). Then we created master branch and now working in there.
I hope it will become safe in a while, people are using it to play games, so these changes will be tested.

--- Quote from: JanetC on 11 Dec 2012, 20:30 ---Thanks for the info on Mac, guys. Sounds like quite a task!

--- End quote ---
Well, I do not want to overestimate things or scare people off. I don't think it is a year-long of work, maybe 2-3 months of work. There just should be dedicated someone who would do that fairly.
There's already my Bitmap class in use, someone need to do the rest (probably Graphics class for storing drawing settings like colors, Font class, etc).
I was hoping to work on this, but then I switched to something that I wasn't even planned to work on, and that distracted me for nearly 3 months.
If you have a will to help, you are most welcome :)

JanetC:

--- Quote from: Crimson Wizard on 11 Dec 2012, 22:33 ---I mean both. There was a big change made in refactory branch (script interpreter). Then we created master branch and now working in there.
I hope it will become safe in a while, people are using it to play games, so these changes will be tested.
--- End quote ---

When was the unsafe change made? I have a beta of Gemini Rue on iOS running on the Wadjet Eye boards at the moment, and we are getting a lot of crash reports.

--- Quote from: Crimson Wizard on 11 Dec 2012, 22:33 ---If you have a will to help, you are most welcome :)
--- End quote ---

I have a will but no time, since I am busy on the iOS ports of our game and will be even busier with a baby next spring. :)

Crimson Wizard:

--- Quote from: JanetC on 12 Dec 2012, 14:43 ---When was the unsafe change made? I have a beta of Gemini Rue on iOS running on the Wadjet Eye boards at the moment, and we are getting a lot of crash reports.

--- End quote ---

29th November.

But according to network graph, you made last update from "refactory" 29th october, so it might be something different.
I don't remember anyone tested our latest changes on iOS. JJS should know better though. We confirmed it works on Windows, 32-bit Linux, 64-bit Linux and old big-endian Mac (I think).
Well, and Android (judging on this user report: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=44768.msg634773#msg634773)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version