The Art of Dying - Platformer (GAME RELEASED!)

Started by DoorKnobHandle, Fri 25/10/2013 16:39:52

Previous topic - Next topic

DoorKnobHandle

Haha, well a quick google query tells me that they do have USB adapters for those - so the game would totally support it!

Peder 🚀

I'll get one of them now just so I can play this with one :P

Uhfgood

I didn't know this kind of thing was possible in AGS.  I mean from the videos it looks pretty fast.

Stupot

I'm really looking forward to making levels with this. Will we easily be able to share the files and play each other's levels?

DoorKnobHandle

Awesome, Peder!

Stupot: I don't think it gets much easier (except for a build-in marketplace or something). When you go into the editor, make a level and save it, it writes out a file. So you go the directory where you're installed the game and under the levels folder, there's your level! So you take that, maybe put it in a zip-file with other levels you made, you upload them and post the link. That's it! Players then need to download your level and put it in their own levels subfolder in their game directory. Then they can start the game and load it up!

Matti

This looks very nice! Can't wait to try it out and I'm especially looking forward to play around with the editor.

DoorKnobHandle

Okay the closed beta test is going to take place in a matter of a couple days. Please let me know if you are interested in betatesting The Art of Dying by posting here! You will get one week to play and give me your feedback! In case a lot of people want in, I'm going to pick a couple of you randomly, we'll see. Please only sign up if you're interested in playing the game and giving me your feedback, both within the timeframe of one week. Thank you very much!

Stupot

selmiak

me want!
So much that I'd even take 2 copies (if that's in the budget!)

arj0n

jan, as you know, count me in for sure!
I'm back from AdventureX @ wednesday, shouldn't be a problem I guess/hope... :)

Surplusguy

Looks brilliant, DKH!

Also- "What would a run and jump game be without the ability to jump?"

Bionic Commando.
GHRPLTSM

DoorKnobHandle

Thanks, no problem, arj0n. The beta test will start in a couple of days, you'll all be notified by PM.

Surplusguy, thanks! Bionic Commando had the claw thing instead I guess. Weird mechanic! ;p Are you interested in beta testing?

ThreeOhFour

I spent about 2 hours dying in this today, and about 30 minutes using the level editor (which is absolutely excellent). Hopefully lots of people make level packs for this, because the level editor is super easy to use, and the gameplay is super smooth. Keep your eyes peeled, folks!

Peder 🚀

Scarab

If it's not too late to join, I'd love to test this one out for you as well. :)

DoorKnobHandle

Thanks for the interest, it's not too late to sign up for beta testing. I'm still working on the last couple of details of the beta build. Looks like it'll start later this week or on the weekend, depending on how much time I have. Thanks for the interest!

Bulbapuck

Wow, I can't believe I've missed this. Looks amazing :D

I'd be up for some beta testing, but I'm too busy now until the 20th. So if you need the testing to take place prior to that I won't be able to help, but after the 20th I have a ton of spare time.

In any case, I'll make sure to check it out at release and will probably make some levels for it. Seems level design is all I have time for these days :p

Andail

I could try, I have very little experience with platformers, but still! Would be fun to get away from my own game making for a little while.

KodiakBehr

This.  This is really jaw-droppingly impressive -- I still can't believe this was done using AGS.  Titularly, I made the mistake of confusing it with Just Kill Yourself, but your game is far more slick and polished.  And...wait, did you say you were going to release the SOURCE CODE?!?  There goes my productivity for the next two years. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk