MAGS March: "Moustache!" (Winner Announced)

Started by Atelier, Sun 02/03/2014 14:24:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Eggie here, using the office computer in a way that is not allowed!
I am also planning on being finished tonight no matter the cost on body or soul. Pah to your extensions I say, PAH!

Dmitry Stefantsov

Hi guys! I vote for an extension :) I care about my body and soul :) And some more time for polishing wouldn't be bad at all.

HanaIndiana

I just played 'Case of the stolen moustache' and 'Bruce Quest', and so far these are some awesome games!
@Krazy, the voice-acting and dialog had me cracking up. I don't...I mean... just wow.
@yamipanda, I really liked your dialog too. I envy people who can write funny dialog.

@Oldschool_Wolf - Hardcore! Hope you finish in time.

Eggie

I think... I might just be... I'm pretty darn sure I'm...
DONE!!

PLAY IT AGAIN: AN IMPROV POINT AND CLICK ADVENTURE (Warning: huge download)
gamejolt page
database page

Huge, huge, HUGE thanks to Krazy, Bluke4x4, HanaIndiana (who has nothing to envy on the writing funny dialogue front btw), Oraxon, CaptainD, Claudie and non-forum peeps Ed Atlin, Ollie Wells, Natalie Vincent and Rob Turner for knocking it out of the park with voice-acting for which they came up with THEIR OWN DIALOGUE (IT'S BARELY EVEN MY GAME AT ALL I'M A FRAUD)!! You guys are all awesome and really took this weird idea and made it into something special! :)

This game might not look like something that took a month at first glance but please, please, when you've finished... Play it again.

Retro Wolf

CaptainD

Congrats to everyone who finished their game!!  On time, even! :-)

Retro Wolf

Thanks CaptainD! I'm going to bloody bed!

Bluke4x4

Oooooh I'm so close to being done with mine... What's this talk about extensions?

Dmitry Stefantsov

Hi guys! This talk about extension has driven us to think carefully about our third project. So many ideas just appear when you are thinking about some extra time, it's incredible! :) We want to finally make something polished, and we've done so many things for the Dali game that we don't want to produce something of a low quality in a hurry. So, we'll definitely post our game when it's done, with or without an extension. You just have to wait a bit more for it :)

Anyway, I wish good luck to all the competitors this month!

Atelier

Ok, considering we had four entries in before the deadline, I think that original deadline should stay. Sorry to Bluke and Tomatoes - I hope we'll eventually see the (unrushed) final version!

The competition has now ended and voting is underway.

The Case of the Stolen Moustache by yamipanda
Bruce Quest: Secrets of the Outback by Krazy
Play It Again: An Improv Point & Click Adventure by Eggie
Moustache Quest by Oldschool_Wolf

Click on the game title to download.

Be sure to play all the entries before sending your voice! Good luck to all participants.

VOTE

Eggie

Not voting obvs but THOUGHTS:

yamipanda
: Cute and funny first game and, most importantly; not broken. The way you've used flags and dialogues that change as the story progresses show a pretty strong understanding of what this engine can do so I'm looking forward to a larger game from you
Krazy: My good friend Alex Scobell recruited me and a host of other non-Australians to do the voice-acting for this game thus completely stealing my idea of high-concept voice-acting. Before Play It Again only low-concept voice-acting was a thing. I'm not partial but I think the drawings are pretty and the writing makes me laugh a lot and I want this one to win
Oldschool_Wolf: It finally happened... a game with TOO MANY Monkey Island references. Too many! There were just too many! That niggle aside; lovely clean art, lots of fun attention to detail (I loved the 'boosting your confidence before asking the girl out' part) and certainly the best entry for delivering a well designed, traditional puzzle-solving experience. I still want Bruce Quest to win. Vote Bruce Quest!

Retro Wolf

The Case of the Stolen Mosutache: I enjoyed the dialogue, I look forward to seeing your future works as you progress with AGS.

Bruce Quest: I loved the artwork! Reminded me of Spumco's Ren and Stimpy. I also very much enjoyed the dialogue and acting of the main character.

Play It Again: I'll admit at first I was thinking WTF?! Then I got into it, played around with the multiple characters. I'm glad you included the prompts and the background information, it made me appreciate the work that went into this, I actually found it a very humorous and inspirational project.
My only concern is that people won't "get it", I'm thinking of the uncultured rabble that hangs around on Game Jolt.
Eggie, your game is my pick to win.

@Eggie: Now you mention it there are a few too many references to Monkey Island :-[, I honestly don't know what I was thinking!
It just kind of happened in the rush to finish the game, there was no time to stop and think. That aside, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Good luck guys!

selmiak

So I just voted. Some very diverse entries in this months mags, very interesting.

miguel

Just voted as well. Congrats to everybody, like Selmiak said it was...diverse, but very entertaining.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

yamipanda

Thanks for the positive feedback. I was really nervous abut submitting the game. I suppose my skills are better than my self-esteem. :P

Retro Wolf

Atelier

The Case of the Stolen Moustache by yamipanda - 1 vote
Play It Again: An Improv Point & Click Adventure by Eggie - 1 vote
Moustache Quest by Oldschool_Wolf - 9 votes
Bruce Quest: Secrets of the Outback by Krazy - 11 votes

Congrats Krazy!

Eggie

Congratulations Krazy, you are my pal and you make cool things and deserved this!

Yami, I'm here for you. Let's be here for each other. We can get through this.

Retro Wolf

That was a close one! Congratulations Krazy!
Too many bloody Australians on this forum! ;)

Krazy

Oh man thanks everyone for voting for my lil ol game! It's very humbling to be the winner! Great job to everyone else, this was a great month for MAGS. The Case of the Stolen Moustache by yamipanda had some pretty funny writing. Same for Moustache Quest by Oldschool_Wolf, that was also a very cute little game (was the Hare net pun intentional?)! Play It Again: An Improv Point & Click Adventure by my good pal Eggie (the voice of Bruce) was really great and I think everyone should give it a proper try if they haven't. There's so much funny improv (some by me!) in that game and you get a different experience every time! It was definitely the coolest high concept idea of this whole month and I don't wanna see it under-appreciated!

Goodness, thanks again everyone! Good on ya, ya bloody big bonzer beauties!
My Stuffs:
Tumblr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk