Gunbots vs The Gooze: A tower defence game.

Started by Retro Wolf, Fri 16/10/2015 23:33:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Wolf

Gunbots vs The Gooze is a strategy defence game inspired by projects like Plants vs Zombies. YES! it is being made in AGS!

I've long had an obsession with tower defence games and have been testing the feasibility of such a project in AGS over the last week or so. I feel I've got to a point where the base mechanics are complete so thought I'd share. I have no story for the project so far, but in a project such as this, I don't think it is as important due to the nature of gameplay.

Why AGS?

For the challenge, I've been experimenting more with AGS over the last month or so and I've learnt a lot about the way things work. Plus I like to add story to my games and AGS's dialogue system is the best and easiest I've come across in a game engine.

Progress so far:

320 x 200 resolution.
Player can build from a selection of 6 towers.
Towers can identify the nearest enemy to push back and damage.
Towers are animated.
Towers can be deleted by the player.
One enemy type.
Stress tested with hundreds of enemies on screen, sporadic dips in framerate but still playable. Highly unlikely the finished product will allow this many enemies due to increased complexity in code and gameplay reasons.

To do:

Story.
Unique stats for towers and enemy types.
Unique tower purposes/abilities.
More enemies.
Money/resource management system.
Level backgrounds.
Sound/music.
Balancing.
To not get bored or distracted and abandon project!!

selmiak

oh that is sweet ;-D
I like these kind of games! Funny characters and whacky animations work wonder on these games where lots of characters die all the time ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk