Trumpmageddon

Started by Stupot, Wed 09/11/2016 08:21:56

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

Quote from: Jack on Sat 07/11/2020 18:37:32
Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 07/11/2020 18:26:04
I guess I should have worded it "no realistic hope of winning the nomination".

Which is still wrong. Sanders was leading key polls a week before the nomination, with Biden running 3rd.

You've won, wow what an epic reply! I now realize that Sanders stopped his campaign for no reason at all. (laugh)

Seriously, though. I can't read his mind, of course, but Sanders seems more inclined to sacrifice personal positions in favour of political breakthroughs. It looks to me that the Democratic Party as a whole is moving slowly towards his ideas.

Khris

It's going well for Trump:

First somebody accidentally booked "Four Seasons Total Landscaping" in the industrial part of Philadelphia for a press conference instead of the Four Seasons hotel. They went through with it, on a parking lot between a cremation center and a sex shop.
QAnon followers quickly declared that this location was not an accident but picked because Giuliani planned to uncover a scheme to launder $8000 in Democrat donations, or that Republican ballots had been burned in the cremation center.

Right now, Trump's team is making the point that the next president is determined by the election, not the press; they are using an image of the front page of the Washington Post from 2000 which has a big fat "President Gore" headline and photograph. The problem is that the image is doctored but whoever faked it didn't bother with the actual text which clearly names George W. Bush as winner of the election, meaning the proof it's a fake is in the image itself.

You just can't make that shit up.

Stupot

They are clinging on to their own moronity like it’s a badge of honor. They’ve had over 4 years to learn some basic internet literacy and they still go along with this shit.

I almost have a bit of respect for the actual folks behind QAnon. It must be quite funny to come up with this bullshit and watch it spread. Nothing they can come up with is even questioned by these believers. And yet they have the audacity to call the rest of us ‘sheep’ unironically for not buying into it.

Snarky

I'm glad and relieved that Trump lost the election. But this Four Seasons thing sparks joy. I've been laughing about it for days.

Danvzare

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 10/11/2020 07:03:12
I'm glad and relieved that Trump lost the election.
Same here. Maybe now all media can stop it with the whole "Trump's America is bad" thing.
I mean I got it, he's horrible and you don't want him to be president, now stop ramming the same message into absolutely everything!
I like variety in my media!

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Tue 10/11/2020 07:03:12
I'm glad and relieved that Trump lost the election. But this Four Seasons thing sparks joy. I've been laughing about it for days.

Just when I thought I could stop laughing, Noah Trevor made the joke "Just imagine a poor guy inside that sex shop and every news network in America shows up next door." and I was off again.

Stupot

I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Trump is purging the Pentagon and replacing everybody with ass-lickers. He ain’t planning on leaving the White House without a fight and it’s going to get ugly. I don’t want the title of this thread to come true, but until Biden (or Harris, or anyone) is safely installed in the Oval Office, I will remain very nervous for all of us.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 11/11/2020 01:40:05
I’ve got a bad feeling about this.

Trump is purging the Pentagon and replacing everybody with ass-lickers. He ain’t planning on leaving the White House without a fight and it’s going to get ugly. I don’t want the title of this thread to come true, but until Biden (or Harris, or anyone) is safely installed in the Oval Office, I will remain very nervous for all of us.

Or, he's trying to get a bunch of his "plants" in place so he still has a word in things even after he's gone.

Jack

Trump is purging the Pentagon and replacing everybody with ass-lickers.

He's replacing the ball-suckers with ass-lickers? Invest in the tic-tac company.

Maybe he should flip over all the couch cushions and see if he can find the 2.3 Trillion dollars Donald Rumsfeld "lost" in the pentagon.

Ali

Quote from: Jack on Wed 11/11/2020 17:19:07

He's replacing the ball-suckers with ass-lickers? Invest in the tic-tac company.

Maybe he should flip over all the couch cushions and see if he can find the 2.3 Trillion dollars Donald Rumsfeld "lost" in the pentagon.

I can't tell you how much more readable this thread would be if it weren't for the constant barrage of portentous non-sequiturs like this. What does it mean?

"Donald Trump is trying to steal the election? Ho, ho, ho, well 19 years ago some other thing happened."

Blondbraid

Quote from: Ali on Wed 11/11/2020 22:00:18
Quote from: Jack on Wed 11/11/2020 17:19:07

I can't tell you how much more readable this thread would be if it weren't for the constant barrage of portentous non-sequiturs like this. What does it mean?

"Donald Trump is trying to steal the election? Ho, ho, ho, well 19 years ago some other thing happened."
I already lost track of where this discussion was going way back in 2016.

Stupot

@Jack. Forget Donald Rumsfeld. Are you not at least a little bit nervous about what Trump might be up to? Because I am. And if you genuinely think I shouldn’t be, please tell me why. It would be a weight off my mind.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 12/11/2020 03:08:23
@Jack. Forget Donald Rumsfeld. Are you not at least a little bit nervous about what Trump might be up to? Because I am. And if you genuinely think I shouldn’t be, please tell me why. It would be a weight off my mind.

I'm pretty sure you saw what I posted on Facebook about my own worries about what is currently happening. Pretty much that I'm scared Trump is attempting to stage a coup from within The White House. He is attempting legal routes with the courts etc. but those are only backup plans with no likelihood of panning out. He'll take it if he can get it of course, but I think he actually imagines he can stay in power by any means possible. I doubt that he will be able to, but the scary thing is that he thinks he will be able to.

I also said that I hope Biden and Harris are being careful to stay safe.

Now, if I had said something that far-out at any other time, people would have posted that I had seen too many movies, or was letting my imagination run away with itself. So far, nobody has said anything like that.

Such are the times we live in. I doubt that Biden or Harris are actually in any danger, but I can't say that it's outside the realm of possibility either.

Jack

Quote from: Ali on Wed 11/11/2020 22:00:18

You will fail to understand this too, but just because I'm not foaming at the mouth, does not mean I'm a fan of Trump. I have basically no respect for him, but I have to recognise his social acumen, a lot of which is probably the work of some campaign guy. He exploits ancient archetypes that has a huge effect on stupid people especially. Before you snicker into your soy milk, look in the mirror. On the imageboards they say he lives in his opponents' heads rent-free, and that's the truth. You have Trump on the brain. Have you ever heard the expression "there's no such thing as bad press?" If you did, maybe you didn't really understand what they meant.

Now you will probably interpret this as "everybody who hates Trump is stupid, huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhh" because what you have is a one-track mind. You basically hate about half the people in your country. Do you see a problem with this? No, you don't.

I spit every time I see the pentagon's name because I have a memory longer than a goldfish.

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 12/11/2020 03:08:23
@Jack. Forget Donald Rumsfeld. Are you not at least a little bit nervous about what Trump might be up to?

I am day by day coming to terms with what is going to happen. I post Doom Paul memes unironically because they fully express what is left to say.  This applies no matter who wins the election (it's Trump, BTW). We couldn't stop it.

Blindly reacting out of fear, people like you will supply half the energy that will tear nations apart and set the world to war that will kill billions of people.

Ali

Quote from: Jack on Thu 12/11/2020 23:47:58
You will fail to understand this too, but just because I'm not foaming at the mouth, does not mean I'm a fan of Trump. I have basically no respect for him, but I have to recognise his social acumen, a lot of which is probably the work of some campaign guy. He exploits ancient archetypes that has a huge effect on stupid people especially. Before you snicker into your soy milk, look in the mirror. On the imageboards they say he lives in his opponents' heads rent-free, and that's the truth. You have Trump on the brain. Have you ever heard the expression "there's no such thing as bad press?" If you did, maybe you didn't really understand what they meant.

I don't think you're a fan of Trump. I think you're a fan of making aloof generalisations, semi-ironic insinuations and contributing absolutely nothing of value.

Stupot

@Jack - I asked you a straight question and was rather hoping for a straight answer. You instead cut that question out of my quote and then proceeded to tell me that my expressing nerves about an unstable political situation is somehow going to cause World War 3.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Jack on Thu 12/11/2020 23:47:58
This applies no matter who wins the election (it's Trump, BTW).

Wait...What?

As to the rest of your post...meh. Trump is already talking about running again in 2024, is privately expressing little faith in any legal avenue actually bearing fruit, and likely thinks a "coup" is the noise a pigeon makes. Everything he's doing is a stalling tactic, as it looks much better for him to be forced out than to admit he lost. As to his most rabid supporters within the GOP, they're either setting themselves up for Trump 2.0 or they're actively courting that percentage of the 70m who voted for Trump, who they feel will follow Trump regardless of what party banner he runs under. Perhaps Trump with run as an independent next time. He certainly couldn't give a wet fart about being a Republican.

The most dangerous thing that comes out of this situation is a GOP that now understands exactly how to exploit half the population of the United States, with or without Trump, and any mini-Trumps they may have waiting in the wings; newer models that are smarter, prettier, and far more subtle in their insidious machinations.

The Democrats didn't underestimate Trump, they underestimated roughly 50% of their nation's willingness to vote against their own interest, for fear of letting the "other" get one over on them.

There will be no coup d'état, no evidence of voter fraud, no successful lawsuits, no do-over. Maybe that saddens you, as what I actually think you might be is a faux-anarchist, one whose personal philosophy may be based on the disappointments of life in general, rather than on actual anarchic beliefs. I could be wrong. Maybe you're just a troll. :-\

I bear no ill will towards you either way, but acting like you're the only one who see's through The Matrix and resigning yourself to watching the world burn is neither clever nor cool.

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 12/11/2020 07:11:17
I doubt that Biden or Harris are actually in any danger, but I can't say that it's outside the realm of possibility either.

If there was any actual chance of such a thing happening, it certainly wouldn't come directly from Trump, his cronies, or the GOP. More likely from someone like those dillholes who surrounded the Biden Party Bus(TM) with their pickups.

The increased Secret Service presence, and no-fly zone over Delaware, are nothing out of the ordinary for a president-elect.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Mandle

Yeeessss, yeeesssss... Attack each other over political beliefs... Yeeeessss... Ignore the reflex to just click away from the page instead... Allow the dark side into your soul...

Jack

Quote from: Ali on Fri 13/11/2020 00:35:15
I don't think you're a fan of Trump. I think you're a fan of making aloof generalisations, semi-ironic insinuations and contributing absolutely nothing of value.

Contribute nothing? I told you to prepare to support Joe Biden when none of your talking heads would dream of telling you that. I don't care about his political fortunes, I just hoped to have a chance to see you do it.

Grant me a little gallows humour in this situation, holy shit.

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 13/11/2020 00:48:49
@Jack - I asked you a straight question and was rather hoping for a straight answer. You instead cut that question out of my quote and then proceeded to tell me that my expressing nerves about an unstable political situation is somehow going to cause World War 3.

That was my answer. You are worrying about something which has already been decided, and you have no conception of the real danger.

So what happens when the states in dispute start coming back, saying they found that some of the mail-in ballots had been duplicates, some for dead people, some were forged, and some never even existed, and that the new count means Trump is still president? Would you be angry, very angry, extremely angry? I mean Trump and his supporters have been working this thing behind the scenes, right? I presume the democrats have taken the opportunity this week to promise you everything someone like you ever wanted to hear, and I know the media has been treating the segregationist Joe Biden like the second coming. You don't even live in the US, and look at the effect it has on you. What would happen to America in this case?

Or maybe it'll just happen like they've been telling Mandle. Biden gets sent to the farm by another McLovin and Trump declares he can't leave the oval office with all the ensuing riots raging. I consider this less likely, but I guess it could happen. It's more likely to happen if the election is called in Biden's favour, which I still consider less likely than the government awarding Trump the presidency.

Many can't even conceive the possibility that Biden could still lose. This instilled rigidity will cause a break. Again I have to stress that I don't blame just one side of this artificial divide for what is going to happen, but pretty much everyone else on the other side have apparently decided to leave this community.

Quote from: LimpingFish on Fri 13/11/2020 01:15:41
I bear no ill will towards you either way, but acting like you're the only one who see's through The Matrix and resigning yourself to watching the world burn is neither clever nor cool.

I admit I used to be someone who thought that someone else than the ultra rich could benefit from the world being struck by general anarchy, but I no longer think that way.

It's a crushing weight of horror that I am learning to deal with.

Snarky

So if your predictions don't come true, will you shut up, man?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk