Author Topic: Notre Dame  (Read 1677 times)

Jack

• Think deviant
    • I can help with AGS tutoring
    • I can help with scripting
    • I can help with story design
    • Jack worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Notre Dame
« Reply #20 on: 19 Apr 2019, 10:44 »
Did you hear how Ubisoft reacted? The company will donate 500k into the building's reconstruction plans, and also, the Notre Dame model in Assassin Creed game will possibly be used as a basis for reconstruction plan! It's a tragedy, but at least we got the technology to recreate the magic from scratch...

So will the face of the cathedral randomly glitch away for some visitors? Too bad it's not old Ubisoft. Apparently they will be adding robots that follow every cathedral visitor's move, gets in their way, and generally treats them like criminals. They call it drone rights management.

And I heard the contract includes a clause that the caretakers of the cathedral have to make sure there is always a cart containing unbelievably soft hay directly below the spire.

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    • I can help with proof reading
    • I can help with translating
    • I can help with web design
    • selmiak worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • selmiak worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #21 on: 19 Apr 2019, 20:13 »
This is sad. Though I'm glad most of the stones and glass is still in good shape. afaik no human died which is alway good when such tragedies happen. this makes it more culturally tragic.

« Reply #22 on: 20 Apr 2019, 01:05 »
In fact, it's possible to donate to the restoration of Notre Dame; I donated €15.

https://don.fondation-patrimoine.org/SauvonsNotreDame/~my-donation

NickyNyce

• ready...FIRE...aim
    • NickyNyce worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 15:12 »
Sadly, there were terror attacks on Sri Lanka churches. I heard there were 875 churches over the past year in France that were involved with fire or vandalized.

If this is true, it makes me wonder what the numbers are across the globe.