HYDRATE MAGs March 2019

Started by Retro Wolf, Wed 27/03/2019 13:29:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Retro Wolf

You are Shar, the last remaining engineer on a heavily damaged mining station in deep space. Many are dead, water supplies are gone, the last high ranking officer is drunk out of his face, what will you do?!
A quick and easy point and click made for MAGS March 2019.
The theme is GLASS OF WATER.

Music by Eric Matyas.
Testing by Cassiebsg.

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2335/

It's been too long since I've finished a project, even though it's a small one, I enjoyed the process.
I'm releasing it before the deadline because I'll be too busy this week, but I consider it complete.
Special thanks to Cassiebsg for her input.

Walkthrough is in a text file with the game.

Warning: No saving system, this might be a bit controversial, but due to the short length of the game I didn't bother.

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

Hobo

Played it, enjoyed it, recommend it! Could probably do with a little less conversation and a little more action, but it's fine, it's a solid MAGS game. Visually satisfying, music from Eric Matyas is always good and the writing, although a bit too suggestive for me at times, is pleasurable to peruse. Great work, Retro Wolf!

I did spot a little typo:
Spoiler
When you ask help from the Clitorian, "Thank you" at the end of the conversation is missing a space, but since there's already so much space in the game, I don't really mind or who knows, maybe it's Xenamorphian slang or something.
[close]

Retro Wolf

Cheers for the lovely review Hobo!

Quote from: Hobo on Wed 27/03/2019 18:32:34
I did spot a little typo:

Must have missed that day of school.  (laugh)

Shadow1000

Fun game! Good adaptation of the theme. Good graphics, effects and animation. Enjoyable puzzles and story. I have to confess to trying to suppress a few laughs and failing to do so. Overall, good job!

Retro Wolf

Cheers Shadow! These comments really mean a lot to me.

I swear you must review every single AGS game ever, you must save a lot of money on gaming.  (laugh)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Fri 29/03/2019 15:14:52
Cheers Shadow! These comments really mean a lot to me.

I swear you must review every single AGS game ever, you must save a lot of money on gaming.  (laugh)

LOL actually, no! Just the ones I enjoyed playing. I think I got the comment about saving money: Do you mean that I play AGS games for free rather than buying commercial games...?

Retro Wolf

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 29/03/2019 18:08:47
Do you mean that I play AGS games for free rather than buying commercial games...?
If that's the case, good on you, I've spent way too much money on games over the years! But was just a little joke about how active you are on the site. Thanks again.  ;)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Sat 30/03/2019 15:52:31
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 29/03/2019 18:08:47
Do you mean that I play AGS games for free rather than buying commercial games...?
If that's the case, good on you, I've spent way too much money on games over the years! But was just a little joke about how active you are on the site. Thanks again.  ;)

Well, I'll take it all as a compliment  :-D Cheers

selmiak

HanaIndiana

Great game Retro Wolf!  :grin:
I especially enjoyed the AI hologram art, and the theme idea.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk