Rosewater - A Western drama set in the world of Lamplight City - NEW TRAILER

Started by Grundislav, Mon 24/06/2019 16:32:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Grundislav

Grundislav Games Presents:

The Story:
It's been several years since Harley Leger left New Bretagne and headed west, hoping to leave the past behind and make her way as a freelance writer. After arriving in the sleepy border town of Rosewater, a seemingly trivial assignment for the local paper leads to the hunt for a missing man's fortune—and the story of the century.

Harley and her ragtag posse embark on a harrowing journey across Western Vespuccia, facing bandits, rebels, ruthless oil barons, and many more obstacles on their quest for fame and riches.

Features:
- A thrilling treasure hunt with 5 travel companions. How you treat and interact with them affects the story.
- Traditional adventure game puzzles (i.e. inventory-based) some with more than one solution.
- Fully rotoscoped animations, including cinematic closeups.
- High resolution 1280x720 graphics (yes, that's 720p!)
- Full music score and voice acting.

Release: 2024

Wishlist on Steam!

Screenshots:

Meet the locals, and promptly insult them.

Have a drink at the Jack of Diamonds Saloon.

Explore the intricacies of 19th century medicine.

Redefine the meaning of "private property."

Participate in completely legitimate back-room deals.

Try your best to stay on the good side of the law.

Bavolis

Hurray for western point-and-clicks! The art is amazing. Question: Do I have to stay on the good side of the law? :)

eri0o

The graphics are amazing  :shocked: ! I liked the graphics of posters and diplomas on the wall being almost readable, I want to click on them to zoom and have a good idea what they are already.

This is awesome.  :)

TheFrighter

Same world of Lamplight City... This means is a "stempunk-western"?

_

SarahLiz

Yes, yes, yes!!  This looks awesome!  I already love the sound & look of this...can't wait to snoop around where I'm not wanted and insult all the locals!!  That red button in the saloon is just begging to be pushed...

2021 can't get here soon enough!

Mandle

That sure some comely artistical pitchers ya got there, pardner!

Grundislav

Quote from: Bavolis on Mon 24/06/2019 16:36:31
Hurray for western point-and-clicks! The art is amazing. Question: Do I have to stay on the good side of the law? :)

Thanks! And no, you can be bad if you want. Just prepare to face the consequences :)

Two Tales

I've only been away from the forum for a couple of weeks and when I come back, awesome things like this are happening!

Monsieur OUXX

Grundislav

Here's a couple of new screens I've posted on Twitter:

sawyer

Thanks for the new screen shots.. Looks really good.

SarahLiz

selmiak

that sunset map is really nice to look at. Also the cracks in the ground around the mountains are a cool touch.

jmjm

Looking good! That sunset screenshot reminds me of Ben Jordan Case 2! Can't wait to see more!

Grundislav

Some obstacles in Rosewater will have multiple solutions. For example, you might want to help this poor fellow out by solving some puzzles, in exchange for him letting you into that building.

Or, you could just punch his lights out.

But be careful: violent actions have their consequences.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

GwendolynYamashita

What :shocked: I LOVED Lamplight City! So excited for a new story!

Grundislav

Rosewater has a poster, courtesy of the amazingly talented Ivan Ulyanov:

shaun9991

Honestly one of the best posters I've seen for a game - amazing!! <3
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Mandle

Incredible poster! One small thing though. I don't see anything in the poster that indicates the game is anything other than a normal Western. Maybe making the pistol slightly more steampunk or some other kind of hint like an airship cruising by in the background?

Grundislav

sawyer

Super nice work guys.. Thanks for sharing the process.. Truly a nice job!! :=

Grundislav

Grundislav

Ponch

This game looks better with each batch of screenshots.

ld-airgrafix

Wishlisted and cant wait. As someone who is really interested in western genre, this is really encouraging

Grundislav

People seem to enjoy my door animations, so here are a couple of new ones:

Click'd

That reminds me, I don't know what the point of the saloon-style doors (if they even deserve that name) is. Gotta go look it up.

mkennedy

Quote from: Click'd on Sun 19/07/2020 03:30:47
That reminds me, I don't know what the point of the saloon-style doors (if they even deserve that name) is. Gotta go look it up.

Maybe it's so they are easier to open when your drunk? You just have to walk (or stumble) through them?

ukz530

The background, the characters, they're all cool!

i can't wait this game   ;-D

Grundislav

A little bump to let you all know that a special Gamescom demo is now available to download on the Rosewater Steam page! It'll only be available until August 30th, so don't delay!

Durq

Great demo! Without even thinking about it, I gave Bonnie MacFarlane's voice (Red Dead Redemption) to the protagonist and E. B. Farnum's voice (Deadwood) to the town greeter. Looking forward to the full game. The doctor has quite the strut.

VampireWombat

Congratulations on the interview that just ended. Sadly, I missed most of it.

Grundislav

I realize I've been neglecting this thread a bit! Rosewater is still in production, although will most likely now be a 2022 release.

Meanwhile, you can wishlist Rosewater on Steam.

Here are some more screenshots:

Mandle

Grundislav

Hello! It's been a while, but Rosewater is coming along nicely. Hopefully, it will be released later this year.

Here are three new screenshots:

Also, stay tuned for some exciting news about the voice cast!

TheFrighter

Quote from: Grundislav on Thu 21/04/2022 01:37:08

Do you hire Amy Poehler or Samuel L Jackson for the voice acting?  :-D

_

Grundislav

Quote from: TheFrighter on Thu 21/04/2022 08:51:18
Quote from: Grundislav on Thu 21/04/2022 01:37:08

Do you hire Amy Poehler or Samuel L Jackson for the voice acting?  :-D

_

Like I could afford them :D

Stupot

Looking great, Grundi. You’re in the final stretch. All the best.

Grundislav

Rosewater has been cast! I still need to get everything cleared with SAG-AFTRA, but as soon as that happens I’ll be making the official announcement. In the meantime, if you’ve played any of these games, you’ll recognize most of the voices…

Rik_Vargard

Well at least you could afford them, right?  (laugh)

Anyway, the screenshots look really beautiful !
And I like anything Western.

Looking forward to this.

SarahLiz

Grundislav

TheFrighter

Now my nightmares will have the Dave Fennoy's face.

_

Grundislav

A little bump to announce the newly updated Steam demo, now featuring voice acting! You can download it here!

abstauber

Hey - Grundislav is currently live on Steam

hey again, the exact same live stream today.

oh noes, I got bamboozled - damn you Generation Z.

mkennedy

Quote from: Grundislav on Sat 08/10/2022 22:57:22A little bump to announce the newly updated Steam demo, now featuring voice acting! You can download it here!
Is the demo for a limited time or will it stay up until or after the game is released?

Grundislav

Now that it has voices and is a better representation of the final game, it'll stay up.

sawyer

Yea, looks...... Wish there was an update instead of saying
Q 4 2022...

Grundislav

Your wish is my command. First post has been updated.

Production is rolling along. If you want more updates, check out my Twitter. I post on there quite a lot.

Darth Mandarb

Grundislav - not that I had any doubts about the game's production but thanks for the update! Looking forward to playing it.

sawyer - this is the 14th time you'd dug up and old thread. This is the 14th warning not to do it again. There won't be another.

sawyer

I am sorry, I did not know we were not allowed to make comments about games in the production section... I will never post a question again. And if they not allowed then delete them... Crazy to do to me just for asking about a release date. So any game in 'games in production'  section can not talk about?
Why can I comment in that thread then.. I think you are just picking on me.. I look for older games and some I have been looking out for on your site, then when that time comes and no release there is nothing I can do to find out about that game. Old thread or not, your site told me something, and I try n find out about it you scold me..  Nice guy. I take that as a threat, as all I did was inquire about something on your site. I donate anonymously for I am off grid and have my people send it.
There goes my donation, a response for the threat you made to me unnecessarily. You will stop others on this site from making money from me if I cannot find out about these things.

Grundislav,
thank you very much. I am sorry I did not know your thread was old and that you cannot bring up old threads.. Crazy but I dont make the rules. I dont have twitter for I am off the grid. I only check in here from time to time.. I will try and follow you somewhere else and I will let my friends know to do the same. We are all awaiting this release..

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: sawyer on Tue 21/02/2023 22:41:53I am sorry, I did not know we were not allowed to make comments about games in the production section... I will never post a question again. And if they not allowed then delete them... Crazy to do to me just for asking about a release date. So any game in 'games in production'  section can not talk about?
Why can I comment in that thread then.. I think you are just picking on me.. I look for older games and some I have been looking out for on your site, then when that time comes and no release there is nothing I can do to find out about that game. Old thread or not, your site told me something, and I try n find out about it you scold me..  Nice guy. I take that as a threat, as all I did was inquire about something on your site. I donate anonymously for I am off grid and have my people send it.
There goes my donation, a response for the threat you made to me unnecessarily. You will stop others on this site from making money from me if I cannot find out about these things.

Stop. Just stop.

The whole "whoa is me" crap isn't going to fly here.

You have been told on 14 separate occasions to stop digging up old threads and to read the forum rules. Yet you continue, year after year, to return and ignore all previous warnings.

The fact that you did not read the rules (or read them but think you don't have to follow them or can't comprehend them) is irrelevant. Excuses are irrelevant. Playing the victim is irrelevant.

If you want to post here, you will follow the rules or you will be banned.

If you need further clarification you can send me a PM but do not continue this conversation in this thread.

Durq

Dear Darth Mandarb, remember when the Strangeland team launched their Steam page, and I posted about it in the in-production thread, and you locked the thread and gave me a little rebuke with "did you just dig up a thread that hasn't been posted to in almost a year?"?

Games spend years in development and often have periods where there's not much to announce. Getting a Steam page is a significant step and worthy of an announcement. Where was I supposed to post about this if not the in-production thread?

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/ags-games-in-production/strangeland/msg636625058/#msg636625058

Darth Mandarb

Sigh. I didn't give you a "rebuke". I asked a question (which you didn't answer).

It wasn't your thread to bump. It wasn't your news to announce.

This isn't complicated. There are rules. The rules are enforced. It's quite simple.

Any more off-topic nonsense will be removed.

Grundislav

Time for an update!

Yes, this game has taken a very long time, but it's nearly done! We finished recording all the VO on September 7th, and I'm currently working on all the remaining animations. The updated release window is now Spring 2024.

Speaking of animations, here's some campfire socializing:

Rik_Vargard

There's so much work going on just in that scene.
I love anything Western, so I'm waiting for this one  ;) 

javixblack

It looks really nice! Should I play Lamplight city before play this game?

Grundislav

You'll get more of the references if you do, but it's not required.

ildu

Rosewater is one of the games that I'm most looking forward to right now. It's so nice to see it come together finally :). Congratulations!

SarahLiz

So exciting!  You're in the home stretch (of sorts)!  Thanks very much for the update.  I know a ton of people are anxiously awaiting this game.  :)

Grundislav

RootBound

Really a massive achievement. You can tell it's been so much work by so many people to create such an immersive experience and what looks to be some complex and variable gameplay. Also, I can't get over how great the punching animation is!
They/them. Here are some of my games:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk