I'm selling my handmade dolls online!

Started by Blondbraid, Sat 06/06/2020 18:50:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

I've been doing 3D printing for some time now, and I just wanted to say that I've taken 3D printed dolls to the next level, and even started selling them on Etsy!  :-D
What do you all think? Any tips on where to find buyers? https://www.etsy.com/se-en/shop/GalateaDolls

Retro Wolf

Cute! It's interesting that from going to 2d from 3d it still has that "Blondbraid" art style.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Retro Wolf on Sun 07/06/2020 08:08:43
Cute! It's interesting that from going to 2d from 3d it still has that "Blondbraid" art style.
Thanks, that's so nice to hear!  :-D

milkanannan

Those look great ~ what about filming one getting printed and then publishing a 10x speed run of it to YouTube? Probably something satisfying to watch and could spark some buyer interest.

Babar

I just realised by looking at the topic: do 3d printed dolls count as handmade?  :=
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Blondbraid

Quote from: milkanannan on Sun 14/06/2020 19:00:09
Those look great ~ what about filming one getting printed and then publishing a 10x speed run of it to YouTube? Probably something satisfying to watch and could spark some buyer interest.
Nice idea, I'll try it once I get the opportunity. (sadly, my printer has some trouble printing recently, and it might take a while to get it working again  :~()
Quote from: Babar on Sun 14/06/2020 19:15:17
I just realised by looking at the topic: do 3d printed dolls count as handmade?  :=
Well, you're right that the plastic doll itself was printed, but I made the 3D model myself in Maya (which took a lot of trial and error), and the faces are hand-painted and their hair and all clothing is made by hand,
plus I need to smooth out all rough edges on the dolls with a small knife once they're fresh off the printer. Is that enough handiwork for you to accept it as handmade?  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk