A redesign of the AGS site is being planned! Please check out the mockups and give your feedback.

Two factor authentication (via app or email) is now available for the forums. You can enable it on your profile.

Author Topic: Paging bug in "Completed games"?  (Read 100 times)

Paging bug in "Completed games"?
« on: 23 May 2021, 03:09 »
Is there a bug in the paging function for the thread overviews?

Consider the board "Completed games anouncements".

The last entry of page 1 is  "GRANDMA, episode 1 'confinement 2021'". This thread was touched last on 8 May.
Spoiler: ShowHide

The first entry of page 2 is "Chronicle of Innsmouth: Mountains of Madness"; this thread was touched last on 5 May, 10:38 Berlin time.
Spoiler: ShowHide

However, there's also the Thread "Huggles goes on a trip", touched last on 5 May, 18:42 Berlin time. As far as I can see, this thread is completely missing from the overview although it should be on the board (https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=59000.msg636634550#msg636634550). Shouldn't this thread be listed first thing on page 2?
« Last Edit: 23 May 2021, 03:19 by fernewelten »

Snarky

• Global Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • Mittens Lord
  • Private Insultant
    • Best Innovation Award Winner 2018, for his numerous additions to the AGS open source ecosystem including the new Awards Ceremony client and modules
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Snarky worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Paging bug in "Completed games"?
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2021, 07:30 »
Yeah, I also noticed the same thing with the AGS Awards 2020 thread the other day (it's now visible on page 2 of Adventure Related, after a couple of new threads have been made; presumably some other thread is missing in the fold). I also remember that we've had this bug before, though I cannot now find the discussion about it. I don't remember if it was supposedly fixed back then or if it turned out to be some SMF bug that was too deep in the code to address.

(To test: note the last couple of threads on the first page of one of the boards and the the first couple of threads on the second page; create a new thread; recheck the threads around the page break. One thread should have disappeared and another one reappeared.)
« Last Edit: 23 May 2021, 07:34 by Snarky »