Tune Contest, July 19 - 26

Started by Trapezoid, Sat 19/07/2003 07:28:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Hahaha, wonder if Indy would dance to this? :)

But seriously: It captures that "jazz" feeling very well. Excellent submission!

jannar85

Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Gregjazz

Flippy_D

Can't get that either  ???

Okay, this may have something to do with me turning off 'always ask before downloading' for MIDIs... how can I turn that back on?

Gregjazz

Try right-clicking on the link and pressing 'save target as'. Does that work?

Flippy_D

Yeah. Although I really don't want to have to do that every time. On topic, I can only pick out one bit of your tune that is recognisably starwars- and that's the string section (where you've used a choir). Have I missed something.?

Gregjazz

Umm... yeah. That's weird, because I tried the song out on the Soundblaster Audigy soundcard, which has a pretty standard midi bank, and it sounded fine.

Flippy_D

I'm afraid it sounds nothing like it on mine.... Hmm. I'll make a recording and send it to you. PM your email and you can listen for yourself.

Sluggo

Flippy: I'm not sure if this is where you turn the midi thing back on or not, but it probably is. If you're using Internet Explorer, go to tools-internet options. Click on the security tab and then the "custom level" button. It might be in that list of stuff. If you're using Netscape, I think it's under tools- edit preferences, but I'm not sure if it has the same tabs and stuff. Hope this works!

And Geoffkhan's midi sounded fine on my computer also. There is the Star Wars melody (the main trumpet theme) in a steel drum track, but if your soundcard changed the track to some weird instrument you probably wouldn't hear it since it's kind of quiet and really staccato.

Everyone's submission is really great so far!

Flippy_D

Ah yes, I have it now. I put the drums to 100, changed steel drums to 110 and set it to trumpet. I can hear it now.

And I'm using AOL, much to my disgust. But I'll try it in IE.

Gregjazz

Set it to trumpet? Ummm, can you just turn the steel drum volume up, because that's how I meant it to be.

The main theme is supposed to be a little on the quiet side, but still recognizable.

Flippy_D

EldKatt

I, EldKatt, am nearly back from the hole into which I have crept and unfortunately been sitting unable to start up a new contest. But it's not too unfortunate, because this is one fine idea, Trap... couldn't have done it better myself. ;) Says 19 - 26, but is there any tiny little chance I might be given a moment to participate myself? I have a terrific idea, you see. :P

I'm hurrying, promise!

Trapezoid

Heh, I forgot it was over. Ok, the contest is over as soon as EldKatt gets his submission in, unless he disappears again.

Gregjazz

EldKatt

'Tis done. And it sucks, really, but that's kind of the point. :P

http://biphome.spray.se/erik.igelstrom/richman.mp3

This is "If I were a Rich Man" from the musical "Fiddler on the Roof", in the style of a 4-channel soundchip...and I'm perfectly aware of the fact that it's not very authentic. Yeah.

Trapezoid

Great job, everybody.

And the winner iiiiiiiiis.....

Spoiler
Geoffkhan!
[close]

congratulation!!!!!!!!11111

Now go and start the next one.

Gregjazz

Woohoo!

So looks like I get to start the next contest. How does that work, are there already set dates for it?

Trapezoid

No, just set the end date a week from today, (or whenever you start the contest).

Gregjazz

Gotcha. I have some good ideas for the rules (don't worry, they'll be good and fun). I'll start the new contest thread shortly.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk