*Guess the Movie Title*

Started by arj0n, Fri 29/07/2011 13:54:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric

Ooh, I did like Primer. I haven't seen many recent movies because I have a two-year-old (which means I've seen one movie in theaters in the past year -- Disney's Planes). I'll have to seek this one out. On DVD yet?

CaptainD

Heh... also dad of a 2 year old, last movie seen at cinema: Thomas: King of the Mountains! :-D

We rarely seem to get that sort of movie in this thread...

Snarky

Quote from: Eric on Mon 21/10/2013 18:52:47I'll have to seek this one out. On DVD yet?

Yeah, Carruth released it on Blu-ray/DVD and online video services back in May (it's doing a limited festival and theatrical run as well). He's moved on from only making a film pretty much single-handedly to now also distributing it himself. Compared to Primer, Upstream Color is not as cryptic and puzzle-y, though it still takes a while to figure out what's going on. It's also beautifully filmed, and more openly emotional. I really enjoyed it (though it's not quite as memorable as his first movie); some have found the long wordless stretches and strange relationship at the center of it off-putting.

As for the latest one... I don't think I know it. Maybe it's a throwback to the beginning of the thread: 1408?

selmiak

selmiak

No more guesses?
I think a lot more people have seen this film than  people have seen upstream color.

kaput

No film: Return of the Thread Killer?

Ben X

Is it The Game? The only movie I can think of off the top of my head that has little keys like that important enough to be a good screengrab! The cinematography, production design and actor look wrong, though.

selmiak

moar like Thread winner ;)

It is not The Game, but the captured scene is indeed a key scene...

so here is another screengrab:

Ben X

Twelve Monkeys? Memento? Rubber?

miguel

And we're back on posting doors and windows and think people will guess the movie...
What's wrong with Claudia Cardinale, Brigite Bardot and the likes?
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Eric

Maybe you'll be better at curtain spotting if there are pretty ladies in front of them?

I did indeed recognize this door and curtain from PULP FICTION!

Here's a new one for you:

CaptainD

LoTR: Return of the King?

Armageddon

Retro Wolf

Bedknobs and Broomsticks?

EDIT:I've confirmed it!

GUESS THIS:

Eric

Can you give us a...hint? I haven't a...idea. Flames, flames down the side of my face.

selmiak

Eric, you are a movieman! Respect. Was it too easy for you? It was hard for me to find a frame in pulp fiction that is not immediately recognisable though ;)

Retro Wolf

I will say that it's got Michael McKean in it.
It has multiple endings.

Snarky

I can never decide whether to take Eric's veiled... hints as the answer, or accept it as him teeing it up for someone else to do the honors.

Is it...
Boddy Runner?

Eric

Always take it as teeing up. I always feel guilty answering quickly after taking a turn. But I'm tempted when it's a movie that I love the hell out of, like this one. Or Terror in a Texas Town.

Selmiak -- I just got lucky! My film appreciation students are watching neo-noir films this week, and I just screened Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction to see which I preferred to offer on their list of film choices. I went with Reservoir Dogs (and a bunch more, including, yes, Blade Runner!).

Retro Wolf

Nope. It involves a dead body.
It also has Tim (spicy dish) in it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk