Nataly Buchannon and the Amulet of Kings

Started by Sam., Wed 07/09/2005 19:56:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Sam.

In 1922, the young daughter of archaeologist Wilson Buchannon III, Nataly, discovered an ancient artifact underground near Pompeii while accompanying her father's expedition.

She felt there was something special about it.  Her father told her she could keep it, but that it appeared to be nothing significant.  However; one of Wilson's assistants, a man named Alan December, told her that it was good luck and that she should keep it always near for you never know what might be important in the future.

Over the years Nataly began researching the artifact, which she had taken to wearing as a necklace, but was never able to discover its origins.  That was until, in late 1939, she received a telegram from Alan December, whom she had had no contact with for years.

He told her that he had come across some information and that the artifact was of much greater significance than even he had orginally thought. He told her it was a part of an ancient treasure and the key to a mystery woven throughout the sands of time.

Nataly must travel to London, and meet with Alan December, to find out how deep the mystery runs.

Screenshots:

Visit many different and colourful locations!

Interact with your environment with an innovative gui!

Some Characters:

(Nataly Buchannon, Avery "Hawk" Hawkins, Wilson Buchannon III, Alan December, Bartholomeux LaCroix, Inphitrion, and Domitian)

Visit the website at www.amuletofkings.com

The game will feature a 320x240 resolution at 32bit color with over 8 unique locations (40+ backgrounds) and more than 20 characters.

Scripting: Zooty & Ashen
Graphics: Darth Mandarb & Farlander
Music: Jarek
Story: Darth Mandarb & Creed Malay
Quality Control: Creed Malay

Progress:
Graphics - 15%
Music -  20%
Story- 90%
Scripting - 10%

Development Diary

15 November 2005
The Amulet of Kings Tech Demo is now available!!

Download the Amulet of Kings Tech Demo

26 November 2005
A bit late i suppose, but hear and interview with Zooty about the game!

Listen now!

we love ashen
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

Hamelkart

This looks fantastic! Something similar to Broken Sword?

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The backgrounds are most impressive.  I demand a beta!

AlbinoPanther

Is this game same thing as Occultas veritas.

Great it will be one of the greatest AGS games ever!!!!

Darth Mandarb

This is the game that was once called "Occultas Veritas" ...

However, we decided to change the name.

The backgrounds are new and the story has changed since then.

ProgZ - it'll be sometime before we get to a BETA, but I'll let you know when we do!

Visit the website to view the backgrounds in full detail!

splat44

Are you saying Occultas Veritas name being change to this game?

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: splat44 on Wed 07/09/2005 21:32:02Are you saying Occultas Veritas name being change to this game?

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Wed 07/09/2005 21:04:18This is the game that was once called "Occultas Veritas" ...

However, we decided to change the name.

Hamelkart

Say, your avatar looks just like characters in the game. Is he included or it's just the way you draw your characters?

Mordalles

wow, those backgrounds look amazing! great work. wanna play this game! badly.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

DCillusion

Although I liked the old title better, this is still the best game I've seen coming out of AGS in a long, long, time.

....behind Police Quest 2 ;)

Play_Pretend

Dang. . .*seriously* impressive art.  I can't wait to play this one!

jason

Wow  :o
Looks effing spectacular. You know, seeing how Alan's last name is December, I think it's only right that the game is also released in December. QED

ildu

Looks magnificient. I liked the old name better though. I've never liked the "*name* and the *relic* of the *mythical figure*" -format. Also, a very slavic name like Nataly doesn't go well with Buchannon. Just my 2 cents.

aussie

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Mortadelo

The backgrounds look great. This game really looks good!  :)

By the way, the story about the main character and the whole plot about the necklace reminds me of the story of Sophia Hapgood in "Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis"  :P
"You know, you come from nothing, you're going back to nothing. What have you lost? Nothing"

"Life's a piece of shit when you look at it. Life's a laugh and death's a joke; it's true."

InCreator

Ooh! ooh!
** gets breath back

I thought I can draw backgrounds, but nothing compares to Great Master Darth Mandarb. The color usage and detail is simply fantastic! Especially color....

Into waiting list!

Hamelkart

Which program do you use for drawing backgrounds in "Amulet" anyway? Gimp, Photoshop?

Sam.

Quote from: Hamelkart on Wed 07/09/2005 21:40:43
Say, your avatar looks just like characters in the game. Is he included or it's just the way you draw your characters?

Nope, he is not in the game, it's just darths style shining through!
Quote from: aussie on Thu 08/09/2005 18:16:35
I sooooo hope this one's out soon...

Well, we can't say anything about release dates. Learning from Foy, release dates only equal pressure. What i WILL say is, you will see this before the next olympics. The summer ones, so no being clever.

Quote from: Hamelkart on Thu 08/09/2005 19:42:08
Which program do you use for drawing backgrounds in "Amulet" anyway? Gimp, Photoshop?

DM uses photoshop for all of his backgrounds and characters.

Hamelkart

QuoteDM uses photoshop for all of his backgrounds and characters.

Really? I'm quite impressed by level of details on wood, concrete etc. What techniques do you use? Or is it a secret?  :)

Sam.

if you have ny more questions about graphics, please use the telegram system on the Amulet of Kings Official Site so as not to clog up this thread!

thanks for your interest though!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk