Lost In The Nightmare - Version 1.2 is on way

Started by Gord10, Mon 07/11/2005 22:10:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Gord10

Are you ready for this? Then step into the dark world of Lost In The Nightmare and face your darkest dreams..
An 'interactive horror adventure' with pre-rendered 3D graphics and cutscenes with cinematical camera pitches.
This game is not recommended for the people who is below 18 years old. (don't mind I'm 17  ;D )

The main character is Burak Guney, a private dedective who used to work for the police (he is a bit depressive character). You are hired to find three university students who got lost in a forest near the Karabalta Town while camping. They have been lost for 3 months and the police couldn't find any clue what happened to them. You'll stay in Karatas Hotel during your investigate (The story will be supported by the cutscenes with cinematical camera pitches).

Pre-rendered 3D backgrounds taken from the Half-Life engine are used in Lost In The Nightmare. I'm preparing the HL maps with Valve Hammer Editor by myself and using modified versions of the textures and models of the mods like They Hunger, Medieval World.

And the game has multiple endings (and they change according on your actions in the game)

Download (88 MB)
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=download&game=642

Edit:
You can upgrade the game with this patch:
http://www.geocities.com/akk13us/litnv11.zip
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

earlwood

The server that is hosting your game is.. tortoiselike in comparision to say..a turtle.

6Kb/second, Glee!

Gord10

Yes :/ But I hope I will find another host soon. I'm in contact with reloaded.org for this.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Ubel

Yay, you actually released it! :D

Congratulations on that Ahmet, gonna play it next night! God this game is so awesome! ;D

Mozesh

YAY! ;D
A great game has been released, downloading now.
and people the slow download is worth it! :=

ggp

Too slow a download for me at the moment im afraid. Hope you sort a quicker one soon though, as the game looks really good. :-\

Venus

Yeah, the slow download is definitely worth it. Played for half an hour and it's really freaking me out. Very nice game with great atmosphere.

Vince Twelve

The download wasn't that slow here.  Took only ten minutes. 

What little of the game I had time to look at tonight looked good.  I was a little confused that the GUI dims it's over a hotspot and becomes bright otherwise.  Usually, it's the other way around...

The navigation is a little confusing.  It's not always easy to tell when you can turn or proceed and when you can't.  I've yet to see whether or not this becomes a real problem though.

The graphics and the sound look great!  Very nice atmosphere.

The most distracting drawback of the game, though, is the text.  The English is decent, but riddled with mistakes and awkward sentences.  I'd highly recommend finding a native English speaker to rewrite a lot of those little inner-monologue bits.

Well done though.  I'm anxious to play more of it tomorrow and see how well the puzzles and plot shape up!

ggp

10 mintues ?! Well im on broadband, and so far it's taken 1 1/2 hrs, and im only 74 % through!!!!!

ggp

I am NOT a happy bunny.
After a 2 hour (!!!!) download, when i try to run the game i get;
"File NCSPERSET.SPR is missing" and it wont run the game!!
Any help appriciated - and please dont suggest i try downloading again!

Mozesh

Weird, worked fine for me, try re-unpacking it if you haven't done that yet.

ggp

Tried re packing and it loaded, but then went to play, and when trying to entre the hotel, the game crashed and i got;
"Unable to load room34.com " so i still cant play it.

Mozesh

Have you got the latest version of winrar? no one else seems to have this problem...

ggp

Thanks for the help Mozesh, but ive managed to get it started by unpacking and repacking it a few times. Dont know what was wrong the first few times.

Snarky

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Tue 08/11/2005 10:58:48
The most distracting drawback of the game, though, is the text.Ã,  The English is decent, but riddled with mistakes and awkward sentences.Ã,  I'd highly recommend finding a native English speaker to rewrite a lot of those little inner-monologue bits.

Gord, your game looks great, but please take Vince's advice. Few things are more annoying than a good game riddled with errors in the text. I, for one, am going to hold off on downloading the game until this has been taken care of.

Ashen

I'm holding off until the host is changed - I gave up after 45 minutes (after a 90mb download should be done, at normal speeds), with an estimated 5 hours+ still left. Which is a shame, as I liked the demo, and have been looking forward to this. (And if you can take care of the English too, so much the better.)
I know what you're thinking ... Don't think that.

InCreator

Looks good!

But!

Is it beta tested?
And proofreading is also a thing you should do, Gord.

I really don't understand why people release games without these two things undone, especially if game is good! Why spoil it?

I won't download this until you get better host... though i'm VERY tempted to download... you have spent so much time on this...

But 8 kb/sec is way too slow.

Denzil Quixode

Maybe try using Bit Torrent? I know The Underdogs uses it for some of the larger games.

Wretched

What a bunch of whingers, took me 13 hrs to download and I'm not complaining. Couple of bugs though.
Spoiler
It says there is a reward at the end but crashes saying can't find room.
[close]
also
Spoiler
After I use music box and get keys, when I try and walk back to the Hotel I end up in the restaurant and have to go through the entire blindness cutscene a second time, then after painkiller/confension thing, I can't get into the hotel until I get the keys, which I have, then when I go towards the lake, I teleport into the Hotel and was able to finish the game.
[close]

Oh yes very, very linear game but I think this is ok here as it's one hell of a story.

Mozesh

Strange I had the same bug as with the BETA, my inventory doesn't work anymore after
Spoiler
you shoot your dark past the first time
[close]
could someone send me the save file right after that scene?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk