Sprite Jam (Until 4st April) - inventory item to pass a door

Started by Svartberg, Tue 18/03/2008 11:33:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Svartberg

Sprite:
An item used to pass a door in the game. (either unlock it, open it, force it open, blow it up, etc)
The item has to fit the inventory slot in this interface :

Rules and Entry:
* Your final entry must contain your sprite on the single inventory slot as supplied above.
* The item has to fit this slot properly like it would do in a normal adventure game.
* No resizing of the inventory slot unless it's for zooming.
* The item has to make sense of it's usage to open the door - you wouldn't want your player to get stuck because it didn't make sense, however crazy is fine.
* Antialiasing the sprite edges is allowed.
* No color limit.

Shiny barred door trophies for the lucky burglars :)

Current Entries:

Ghost

The perfect biological weapon to overcome *any* door (provided it is wooden):

Woody McGrub, the woodworm. No need for keys, explosives, crowbars- he just *eats* the door.

Stupot

A Window

Simply place the window on the door.  Then smash the window and reach in to unlock the door from the inside.

ThreeOhFour

Very nice drawing by Ghost, very nice concept by Stu. I'm still stuck for ideas but :(.

Stupot

I can't wait until the fourst of April to find out who wins.

Svartberg

Ooh, 2 entires already, I have a feeling this is going to be a fun competition so I've added some trophies :)

Quote from: Ben304 on Tue 18/03/2008 14:20:19
Very nice drawing by Ghost, very nice concept by Stu. I'm still stuck for ideas but :(.

It's amusing that in every competition here, the participants feel they have to make a crazier and more original idea then the previous ones.
Like most competitions here, the quality of your artwork is the key thing here. (no pun intended)
You have about a gazillion different possibilities here, just make something you enjoy working on and have fun :)

ildu

Yo, dude! As they come, add the entries into the interface mockup you have there. It'd be cool to see them all gathered in the inventory :D.

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Afflict

Gilbert

This is a... hole...

Just place it on the door and you can get through.

Well, that's not a real entry as it's obviously a copycat idea anyway.

Here is the real one:

Just chain the woodpecker on the door, leave and re-enter the scene several times until it's done.

Ryan Timothy B

I don't know Gilbot, I think your art skills on the hole look a lot better than the bird.
Lol Joking  I like it a lot.

Ok so I went for the standard key!  Somebody had to, sheesh.

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Dualnames

HitchHiker's Guide To The Galaxy
(entry 3464-sector 4-level of entry 2)
Name: Zap-O-Unlock Gun
Another product by the Sirius Cybernetic Corporation, which complain department now covers 3 planets of the Tau system. This fine looking gun function is to serve its owner by helping him unlock any type of doors. If set into auto unlock it will automatically unlock any door in its vicinity within an AOE(Area of Effect) of 1 light year. That's the reason why the Sirius have all of the planets of Tau system filled with the complain department.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ShadeJackrabbit

It's a bomb. Commonly used for: Taking out tanks, blowing up reactors, causing an explosion which cues the main character to do a cool diving pose, or removing obstacles.

CodeJunkie

thebaddie

NOTE: this works only if there is a man at the other side of the door  :P

just use the kit on yourself, then push the door bell and say with erotic female voice "Hi. My car stops in front of your house. Can you please help me?" (don't forget to say something like "ohhh" "uhhh" too)

done! door is now open  ;D

Ultra Magnus

I've got two ideas for this.
One is insanely simple and practical, the other is just insane.

I take it I can't submit them both, so which should I choose?
I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

I'm tired of pretending I'm not bitchin', a total frickin' rock star from Mars.

lo_res_man

The insane one, but of course!
I think I have an idea. .. saving spot!
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Eggie

Three biscuits, an upside-down sign and a flute.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk