[COMPLETE] BAKE SALE: Entrapment

Started by Tenacious Stu, Tue 20/09/2011 20:00:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenacious Stu

Presents

Not related to the film with Sean Connery

Sam Drake keeps waking up in Hotel rooms with the bodies of dead girls in the room and the police never far away. He thinks that someone is secretly drugging him and then trying to get him framed for murder. He has had some lucky escapes, but this time, the killer has made it harder for him to get away.

My first real game created with the wonderful Adventure Game Studio Game Engine features a gripping story with plot twists and a Drama Thriller theme. The game is short in length, but hopefully gripping dialog and story will make up for that.

Screenshots:
The main character, Sam Drake, checks his mail (Exciting)

Sam Drake contemplating a grubby toilet

- Story - 100%
- Graphics - 98%
- Puzzles - 100%
- Scripting - 100%
- Music/Sound - 100%

For more information on Entrapment or other Lightbulb Games titles, please visit:

www.lightbulbgames.co.uk

OR

You can follow us on Twitter: Lightbulb Games

You can also follow Stuart Lilford on Twitter: Stuart Lilford

Edit (09/20/2011): Can't believe I uploaded a screenshot with a spelling error, d'oh  :-[
Edit (09/23/2011): Music help found :)
Edit (02/10/2011): New look at game titles  8)
Edit (10/10/2011): TRAILER!  ;)
Edit (10/13/2011): Updated Game Progress :D
Edit (10/17/2011): Release Date Announced & Need Testers  :o
Edit (10/20/2011): Testers found :P
Edit (10/31/2011): Now part of the AGS Bake Sale  ;D

selmiak

You've written 'The main character, Sam Drake, checks his male (Exciting)' and in the screenshot he says, he has maill, so maybe you want to try spelling it mail ;)

Other than that, this looks interesting enough to play it, once it's finished, looking forward to the dead girls, uhm, I mean, the gripping story :D

Anian

Yeah, I was just about to say that, no offence, Stu, this game looks very interesting and I like the graphics but get somebody to proofread this before you finish.
I see you're a Brit, but still somebody else might notice things you missed in the text.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

Tenacious Stu

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 20/09/2011 20:13:16
You've written 'The main character, Sam Drake, checks his male (Exciting)' and in the screenshot he says, he has maill, so maybe you want to try spelling it mail ;)

Other than that, this looks interesting enough to play it, once it's finished, looking forward to the dead girls, uhm, I mean, the gripping story :D

Quote from: anian on Tue 20/09/2011 20:14:13
Yeah, I was just about to say that, no offence, Stu, this game looks very interesting and I like the graphics but get somebody to proofread this before you finish.
I see you're a Brit, but still somebody else might notice things you missed in the text.
After having a humorous thought about somebody checking their male  ;D I have since changed the error. (Almost got away with it too).

Yes, I am indeed a Brit. And with the game set in some unnamed American City, there are bound to be some things that are misspelled or have the wrong spelling, so having some people proofread the game is a good idea. I never was that good with spellims anyway  :P

Also, thank you for your kind comments on the game  :)

Bogdan

Really awesome graphics, and I think I watched the demo trailer of this game or something on you tube before. Good luck with releasing the Entrapment! :)

Igor Hardy

Looks great so far. I especially like the look of the main character.

But why no Sean Connery? :(

Snake

Wow, this looks like it'll be a great story! Looking forward :=
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Tenacious Stu

Quote from: Bogdan on Tue 20/09/2011 20:49:26
Really awesome graphics, and I think I watched the demo trailer of this game or something on you tube before. Good luck with releasing the Entrapment! :)

Yeah, there is a vid of this game on You Tube, but it contains some heavy spoilers, so I don't think I'm going to post it here. Thank you for your compliments though, I'm glad you like the graphics.

Quote from: Ascovel on Tue 20/09/2011 20:56:40
Looks great so far. I especially like the look of the main character.

But why no Sean Connery? :(

Ha ha, I tried to contact Sean about being in the game, but he is way too expensive! Thanks for the nice comments about the main character, his name is Sam Drake and I hope you will enjoy playing as him  :).

Quote from: Snake on Tue 20/09/2011 21:26:08
Wow, this looks like it'll be a great story! Looking forward :=

Thank you Snake, I hope it lives up to your expectations.

Tenacious Stu

I have added a look at the games titles.

Spoiler
The titles do hint to a plot element, but I'm not telling you what it is  :P
[close]

Progress is coming along nicely. I have the wonderful help of Swordofkings128 with the Music and the game is sounding great. I am currently working through my to do list, which is getting smaller and smaller by the day. Here is a sneak at the what the last thing on my list was:

Update Game Title Image

Which you can see above  ;D

LRH

This looks really cool...waiting to see where it goes!

Lumpupu

I really like the story and the marvelous old school graphics, and the fact you're releasing this shortly just thrills me! i just expect the plot and twists are great and original, and just dont fall on the "hey, it was HIM all the time" but, even if thats the case, if the puzzles and dialogs are good, i`ll be happy to play.
"The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain". Gosh... Gotta love musicals!

Tenacious Stu

Quote from: Domithan on Tue 04/10/2011 01:14:23
This looks really cool...waiting to see where it goes!

Hopefully you won't be waiting long. I just have a few more things to do, then to add in the new music and it will be done! Should be finished in about a month

Quote from: Lumpupu on Tue 04/10/2011 06:10:04
I really like the story and the marvelous old school graphics, and the fact you're releasing this shortly just thrills me! i just expect the plot and twists are great and original, and just dont fall on the "hey, it was HIM all the time" but, even if thats the case, if the puzzles and dialogs are good, i`ll be happy to play.

The game is a little short, but I have spent a lot of time on the 'Little touches' hopefully things the player will discover and think "ooooooooooooooooooooooh". I got my fiance to play it for me last night and she was like "ahhhh, so that ties in with that" "oh yeah that was mentioned before", just the reactions I was hoping for. I've had positive feedback on the game so far, so I'm hoping people will enjoy it.

InCreator

Loving the graphics! Wish I could draw as simply...  :'( I'd made 10 games by now.

Tenacious Stu

LRH

Ooohhh! I loved the "wide-eyed" sprite when he opens the shower.

Tenacious Stu

Quote from: Domithan on Mon 10/10/2011 22:06:42
Ooohhh! I loved the "wide-eyed" sprite when he opens the shower.

Ha ha, I'm glad that you like the sprites. I got the idea for that from 5 days a Stranger when Trilby wakes up from his nightmares with "wide eyes" If you look hard enough, you can see other elements I "borrowed" from that game. It was a big inspiration for me.

Quote from: InCreator on Sat 08/10/2011 12:48:06
Loving the graphics! Wish I could draw as simply...  :'( I'd made 10 games by now.

Just do it! I believe in you :D

WHAM

Watched the trailed, I see potential! Keep it up, man!
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Tenacious Stu

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 11/10/2011 13:49:38
Watched the trailed, I see potential! Keep it up, man!

Thanks Wham, that means a lot coming from someone as talented as yourself  :D

Just wanted to point out that I have updated the games progress in the original post, as you can see, we are near the end. I plan on finishing scripting the Music into the game, then announcing a release date. In the time before the release date, I plan on having some Hardcore Testing to iron out any kinks and spelling errors that still exist.

I've really enjoyed working on this project and will be happy to see what people make of it.

Tenacious Stu

A few updates:

The release date for Entrapment has been announced. It will be hitting cyperspace on Monday 31st October, also known as Halloween 2011.

Also, lightbulb games now has it's own Twitter account, so if you follow me and would just rather hear about Entrapment than silly things like 'KFC on Toast' then follow Lightbulb Games:

Lightbulb Games Twitter

The game is pretty much fully complete, I just want to get rid of any spelling/gramatical errors and also anything I may have missed. Due to this I am looking for Testers  ;D

This is all in the original post, but if you're interested please PM or Email me at stuart.lilford@googlemail.com

Thanks

LRH

Aw, guess I got in too late for testing. Oh well, looking forward to playing on Halloween. I hate that holiday anyway, so I'll be happy to have something to do! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk