Kinky Island

Started by , Fri 21/10/2011 00:15:09

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Considering who has pledged recently (you know who you are) I just want to say thank you! Great support from the AGS community. Some surprise names too!! I wanted to make a video to explain some things about the game, and still will - but I've got some gnarly fever and I literally haven't been able to stay up for more than a few hours for the last few days. *cough splutter*

All I can say is thank you for supporting and thanks for trusting in me to write a half decent game. All it has to do now is live up to the expectations! I've almost got the temporary website finished (and have been working on multiple sites for the new look screen 7) and once the campaign is over (around the same time the websites go up) it will be time to focus on the development. As pledgers you will still get info sent via IndieGoGo throughout its production, so you can read about your money being blown on booze and hookers er er I mean on game specific material.

Furthermore, keep an eye on the Recruitment board and Screen 7 recruitment thread (currently non existent) for extra ways to involve yourself in this and other projects. Or just sit back, relax and wait for your fulfillment of KI. Thanks again for helping me out here, getting the wheels turning and your contribution also inevitably helping the big s7 wheel start to turn (and probably detach and roll down a hill with a cpt. Jack Sparrow on it in the future). Another newsletter and that promised video very soon...

There's still time to secure a free copy for yourself, and you won't even be age verified ;) Visit http://www.indiegogo.com/Kinky-Island
Just $10 pledge gets you a copy and the news.

DBoyWheeler

I could so imagine one review might say about Kinky Island:

"Monkey Island meets Leisure Suit Larry!"

CosmoQueen

Wow this looks like it's gonna be hella amazing! I haven't thought about Teen Agent and Flight of The Amazon Queen in AGES. Really takes me back cuz those were some of the first point and click games I've ever played along with Laura Bow and Hugo's House of Horrors. I'm really excited for this :)
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

m0ds

Thanks CosmoQueen. Yes that's right, inspired by underdog adventure games - Amazon Queen was the first p&c game I ever bought for myself (mail order, woohoo!) I really need to give it another play, and TeenAgent too (which is free nowadays, bless its cotton socks!).

And thanks DBoy, you're right - I am excited to see what generic pull quotes people use about the game when it's time. Funny though, that MI and LSL have no real influence on this game, I've never played LSL (tried when I was young but couldn't beat the copy protection) and first played MI 1 & 2 AFTER coming up with this game. But you may see a few references, to the latter. I still have no intention of playing LSL :P

Cheers to those who've left a comment or made a pledge on the IndieGoGo page. Just over a week of pledgy time left, and remember your pledge will include benefits to other Screen 7 stuff that is just around the corner! Thanks again for the interest in this game :)

http://www.indiegogo.com/Kinky-Island

Ali

I finally got around to pledging $10. Sorry it took so long, and sorry it can't be more!

m0ds

Thanks Ali, that's great! Every little helps... I guess we're even on pledging each other now! ;)

Just one final day to support the project financially. If so, you'll continue to get updates during development and of course, for $10 or more you'll get free copy when the game goes on sale. Thanks again for all the support and the interest in KI!

kconan

The in-game likeness sold me, I'm in.

Eric

I've just kicked in a little too. Thanks for listing Screen 7 as the payee. I'm not sure the wife would like Kinky Island showing up on the credit card bill!

m0ds

Thank you Kconan, thank you Eric! Glad the payment info wasn't sultry, definitely don't need to be causing relationship rifts with this game!!

In-game characters will be started very very soon, I'll email and collect some photos by the end of next week. Campaign ends in less than 48 hours, yourselves and all the other AGS contributors are very kind (nod)

m0ds

Thanks to a very kind 'anonymous' contributor the campaign total has just shot up and is not at all far from the proposed goal of $2000 now. Can you help us reach it?

FAQ

QuoteWhen will teh game be ready?
The more we raise the quicker it can be made, because our team can be paid to work on it.

QuoteWhy aer the screenshot on IndieGoGo 'censored'?
It's IndieGoGo's policy to not support derogatory projects nor include nudity of any form on their campaign pages. Nothing is censored in the game.

QuoteWhat kind of name can I give the character if I pledge enough?
It will need to be a human-ish name because our characters are based on people, not aliens

Bishy

To refer back to an older question you said you would would answer in a new campaign video, will there be any male nudity?

m0ds

Quote from: BishyT on Wed 30/05/2012 18:21:26
To refer back to an older question you said you would would answer in a new campaign video, will there be any male nudity?

Yes! People have asked for it so I've written some in. But whether the 'blowjob' mini-game makes it in or not is another question altogether...

As for the video - just been too busy. It'll be made and available in the near future for those who've contributed.

straydogstrut

Dropped a few pennies in your cap..

In all honesty, this is not really my cup of tea and by that I don't mean any disrespect to Mark or Screen 7 (To be fair I should really give the demo the benefit of the doubt when I have the time!), but i'm keen to support Screen 7 in whatever way I can, not least because I think Mark is awesome and I have fond memories of Adventure X :grin:

Best of luck with the production and to all those involved :kiss:

m0ds

Thank you Mr McCoughing (and everyone else who has pledged very recently) - consider yourself getting a discount ticket for A-X 2012! :)

Under $200 to the goal...AMAZING :shocked:

Another FAQ:

QuoteI'm not happy about the fees
But did you know if we reach the 2000 goal, IndieGoGo halve the fees, from 9% down to 4%, so the project receives more!

Sslaxx

Just slammed in £33.30 ($50) to this.

$2,392 as of right now - $392 over the goal, 19 hours to go. Congrats!

[Wow, something's screwy with the forum software and unrecognised/problematic character symbols (such as the pound sign). Just had to edit this to get it to show up again properly in the thread.]
Stuart "Sslaxx" Moore.

WHAM

Quote from: Sslaxx on Thu 31/05/2012 13:04:09
Just slammed in £33.30 ($50) to this. $2,392 as of right now - $392 over the goal, 19 hours to go. Congrats!

This make me all giddy! *parties*
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

m0ds

Just woke up..... omg..THANK YOU!!!!  :shocked: Certainly did not seem there would be any chance of meeting the goal a few days ago. I was very wrong - you're all stars, your support is touching!

...My crotch!

Mother's birthday today so cannot do much but I'll definitely send some updates and videos your kind contributing way next week.

Tabata

YAY!
Congrats to you, congrats to us,
congrats to everyone who wants to play this game!

LET'S HAV' A PAAAAAATY ...

Dualnames

I made a post in the AGS blog and the Waffles community, that I'm sure kind of helped, so it's lovely to see this exceed the goal.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk