Afrika Korps - A community roleplaying adventure in 1942

Started by WHAM, Sat 06/10/2012 10:09:42

Previous topic - Next topic

WHAM

Afrika Korps - A community roleplaying adventure in 1942

Welcome, dear viewer, to a new community roleplaying adventure!
If you have no idea what this is about, take a look HERE and heed the following instructions:

- Any player is welcome to play, it is recommended, though not necessary, to read through previous events of the game before playing
- To play, simply post a reply in this thread with either a new command (as instructed below) or a quote of another player's command that you wish to see happen (this will count towards the popularity of that command).
- All commands must be preceded by the > -symbol so I can easily differentiate between commands and other discussions and ideas
- The command to be executed is selected as follows: By default the most popular command is executed. If there is a tie, the command posted first will be executed.
- The commands can be anything you like, but try to keep them in a simple and short form, such as you might see in a text parser game.
- For example "> Take the gun and shoot the man in the head" is a valid command
- "> Take the gun, reload it, swing around like a kung-fu fighter and fire three snapshots: one in the enemy's leg, one in the arm and one in the head, and thel turn around and run away to take cover" is too complicated and will be IGNORED.
- Each amount if game-time that passes on each command entered varies depending on the command in question
- While this game can be humorous, serious or absurd (depending on my mood and player input), keep in mind that I will try to make the game world respond realistically and accurately to player actions. NPC's might not respond well to period-inaccurate comments or actions, though such actions are allowed.

With these guidelines I hope anyone can join us and participate! Without further ado, let the game begin!

--------------------------------------------------
INVENTORY & STATS

Current stats:
HEALTH - FULL

Traits:

> Homesick

Current inventory:

> Military uniform (currently wearing)

> Canteen (water, full)
> Canteen (water, full)

> Rucksack (tightly packed, containing)
- a pair of footwraps
- a pair of socks
- white scarf
- boot polish and a small brush
- mess tin and spork
- chocolate
- hip flask (containing alcohol)
- a letter from home
- crucifix pendant
- bible (bloodstained, worn)

> Shell casings - rifle caliber (3)
> Shell casings - pistol caliber (4)

GAME BEGINS

A gentle warm wind blows in through the door of the tent as you lie in a crude hammock strapped to a pair of heavy wooden stakes driven deep into the ground below the tent.
Through your half-sleep you register the heat of the day, but continue to cling onto the fragments of an elusive dream you saw in the night, sure that if it were time to wake up one of the other soldiers would have woken you up by now. A good night's rest is a rare thing out here in the desert...

[ Please enter command ]

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

WHAM

> Get up

You decide that it's high time you got up yourself, since nobody seems to be coming to wake you up.
You sit up and yawn, stretching your arms.

As you stand up you realize it is unusually quiet.
Usually there are sounds of people talking, the radio chattering and perhaps even music being played, but this morning there isn't a single sound in the air.

Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Tabata

Crimson Wizard

Not to argue Tabata's command, but one question regarding gameplay: is there a general time limit for user input before next in-game event happen, or this "timer" is used only in certain critical situations?

WHAM

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Sat 06/10/2012 15:00:04
Not to argue Tabata's command, but one question regarding gameplay: is there a general time limit for user input before next in-game event happen, or this "timer" is used only in certain critical situations?

If there is no input from players for a few days, the game will "skip" a turn, advancing in-game time by a short while. Other than that, no restrictions. I will update roughly once a day.

selmiak

> find out what time it is.

It could be that it's still deep in the night and that is the reason noone is around and everything is peaceful and nothing bad happened to our comrades. But I doubt this is the case as this would be a boring setting for a game...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 06/10/2012 19:12:53
It could be that it's still deep in the night and that is the reason noone is around
It's a military camp and no one appears to be around in the midst of the night? That's even more creepier.

BTW, funny, I was wondering what are those black & red curved thingies on the walls, I thought they look like some tribal amulets, but now I increased my screen's gamma level and realized they are actually backpacks :D. weird how such things happen.

WHAM

> EXAMINE surroundings

You glance around you to see if anything is wrong.
There are a total of three hammocks, one of which you just got out of. Your uniform jacket is lying on the side of your hammock. There is a rucksack on the top hammock, and another rucksack next to your hammock, next to some gas mask containers. A pair of canteens are also hanging on the wooden stakes that hold up the hammocks.
A couple of wooden ammunition crates are piled up in the corner, next to a small stove.
A rifle rack is also in the corner, although it would seem to be devoid of any weaponry at this time, which is unusual to say the least, as you recall leaving your own rifle there when you went to sleep.
A small lantern hangs from the ceiling of the tent.

KodiakBehr

KodiakBehr

Quote from: selmiak on Sat 06/10/2012 19:12:53
It could be that it's still deep in the night and that is the reason noone is around and everything is peaceful and nothing bad happened to our comrades. But I doubt this is the case as this would be a boring setting for a game...

Wish you didn't say that.  I guess I'll cancel work on my next game, "Everything's fine and nothing bad is going to happen".

Ponch

Looks like we're alone in the tent, so...

> Scratch self in inappropriate areas.

miguel

While scratching...

> say "It's been a while Mr Johnson..."
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Baron

I'm going to get all cliché on you guys:

>Get Lamp

WHAM

> Open rucksack on top hammock

You open the rucksack on the top hammock and examine it's contents. There are all sorts of small objects, including:
- two pairs of footwraps
- Leather gloves
- White scarf
- boot polish and a small brush
- Mess tin and spork
- Chocolate
- Moustache wax

Judging by this last article you are quite sure this rucksack is not yours.
Then again, yours is on the floor, next to your hammock, precisely where you left it.

miguel

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Baron

I also support the barrage of jacket related commands.  But after that's all said and done, might it be possible to

>Get Lamp?  Pretty Please?

And is that a canteen hanging from the hammock's edge?  That'd be useful in the desert....

Eric

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk