Started by WHAM, Wed 06/11/2013 07:21:55

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

Tabata

kconan

Still: Another audience?
+1

Radiant

Quote from: WHAM on Sat 16/11/2013 19:21:23Since we do not heave a treasurer, I shall hereby notify you that our treasury now holds only 15 gold pieces. That is just 1500 silve pieces. Or just 150000 coppers. Doesn't sound so bad when you count coppers, now that I think of it."

"Oh, there are more people seeking your AUDIENCE, however one audience seeker and his retinue just left the castle grounds for some reason."

> INVITE TO AUDIENCE from those waiting people the first one who can EARN MONEY for the kingdom.

WHAM

"Jester, send in the next audi..." -you begin, but the words catch in your throat as you realize your next audience is already before you.
A chill runs down your spine as you gaze upon the SHADOWY TRAVELER, which stands before you.

"Greeting, King of the land." -comes a voice, deep, yet hollow, with a bite sharp as a cold steel blade.

"I come from far away..." -the SHADOWY TRAVELLER speaks, "...to congratulate you on your timely rise to power."

You stammer out a response: "Whatever do you mean by this?"

The stranger shrugs.

"Interesting times are upon us. The word interesting is key. Before long your kingdom will be beset by dangers untold, and it will be your task to ensure your people are ready. I see a threat to the west, another to the east, a third up above, and a fourth deep below. But which threat comes first, that even I cannot say, for I deal in prophesy and vision, not in petty guesses."

The strange man takes pause.

"King of the land, know that your reign will not be an easy one. But fear not, for on the third day from now, an object will be passed unto you, which will grant you the assistance of myself and others like me. Be wise and use it well, unlike the one who reigned over this land before you, for wasting such power might see your reign come to end sooner than you think."

There is a flash of ligh, or was it darkness? Whichever way, you are blinded for a fraction of a second, and a puff of black smoke is all that remains as the SHADOWY TRAVELLER disappears without a sound.
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Radiant

Well, looks like we got a court wizard. Of sorts, at least. And since we just spent 25% of our country's budget in the first hour, let's see if we can improve our earnings with trade:

> INVITE TO AUDIENCE from those waiting people the first one who can EARN MONEY for the kingdom.

Baron

>>Promote SHADOWY TRAVELLER to position of youth league leader

Also, I like Miguel's idea of harnessing the power of propaganda to cement our position, however I'm leery of the unstabilizing impact that mass literacy might have on our absolute monarchy.  Is there no way to employ a herald or crier who can go around spouting propaganda orally?  Of course if everyone is already literate then starting a newspaper makes sense....  If only we had a proper census of the kingdom, we would know the target market for our repressive rule and wouldn't have to be guessing at the most appropriate vector for mass indoctrination.  (wtf)

miguel

Yes, we really need to have at least a town census. A herald sounds good and cheap as well.

> ASK JESTER for a town census;

Working on a RON game!!!!!

Ghost

Waitasec! Isn't anybody a bit creeped out by that shadowy traveller? We just shrug and say, yupp, mage? What is that danger?

selmiak

> Initiate big celebration for the new king

NightHawk

>Summon the council of leaders to the war room for a state of the realm brief and ask them for suggestions on keeping mages from popping inside the castle.

cat

Quote from: Ghost on Tue 19/11/2013 13:45:41
Waitasec! Isn't anybody a bit creeped out by that shadowy traveller? We just shrug and say, yupp, mage? What is that danger?

You mean something like

> ASK JESTER about SHADOWY TRAVELLER

Ghost

Aye, thanks, cat (laugh)

__
edit

Quote from: cat on Tue 19/11/2013 14:08:34
> ASK JESTER about SHADOWY TRAVELLER

+1

WHAM

Remember to quote the post you want to +1 for voting purposes. It makes my life soooo much easier when I tally the votes on what action to run next. :)
Wrongthinker and anticitizen one. Pending removal to memory hole. | WHAMGAMES proudly presents: The Night Falls, a community roleplaying game

Baron

Quote from: WHAM on Tue 19/11/2013 21:00:11
Remember to quote the post you want to +1 for voting purposes. It makes my life soooo much easier when I tally the votes on what action to run next. :)

+1

miguel

Quote from: Baron on Wed 20/11/2013 03:21:53
Quote from: WHAM on Tue 19/11/2013 21:00:11

+1

+1

WHAM

"Jester!" -you call out, demand in your voice. The jokester's silly hat pops into the throne room.

"Who was that SHADOWY TRAVELLER you just permitted to enter? I wish to know all about him!"

"Uhh, I was just about to admit the next AUDIENCE to your presence, my King. I know not what traveller it is you speak of." -the Jester replies, looking well puzzled. You wait for a few moments, stern-faced, to see if the jester begins to crack up at his little joke, but he does not.

"My King, are you feeling well? Are you still in the mood for an AUDIENCE or shall we take a rest for the day?"

selmiak

taking a rest brings us closer to the next payday, but for now we have enough money left to afford some more people in position...

>receive next audience

NightHawk

>Summon the council of leaders to the war room for a state of the realm brief and ask them if they know anything about the shadowy traveler that popped inside the castle.

miguel

Probably the shadow dude is known as a tale and not in the flesh like we just seen...He just popped up in the throne room so my guess is that nobody has seen him.

And because nobody wants a town census,

> Summon next audience;

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk