What Adventure Games are you looking forward to in 2015?

Started by CaptainD, Tue 06/01/2015 17:12:16

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

For me it's mainly Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet and, hopefully, The Journey Down Chapter 3.

(There are more games that look great but I don't really have time to actually play games much any more!  I'll always be more likely to make time for games that make me laugh in addition to being generally good games. ;-D)

Ibispi

Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots and Troll Song, obviously. :=
Then there's the Unprintable Magenta and the Visitor 3. And there's Kate and Shelly game by Gurok, if he even finishes it.
And then there's a secret project by someone, which I would really like to play when it gets finished. (roll)

EDIT: and cat's game about learning Kanji too. :P

cat

Andail

Fitz

Yeah, I'm mostly looking forward to some lighthearted games, too. Been nagging at Nick to finish "Visitor 3". Same with Monkey's "Sleuth". Other than that - "Kate and Shelly" and that game with the cute puppy that I can't for the life of me remember the name of ;)
That being said, I can't wait to get my hands on a few more serious titles. Shardlight. Technobabylon. Latency. And that talkie version of Jack!

BSP: Thanks for the mention :) Got back to working on it after the holidays/alpha testing. I'm having a blast drawing animations and putting together cutscenes for the last room!

CaptainD

I think BSP somehow sensed that I have been trawling through every list of adventure games / indie games people are looking forward to in 2015 that I could find, and have been very downhearted that none of my games are ever mentioned. :P  THANKS BSP (and Cat!)

I can't believe I forgot to mention Technobabylon - that looks super-awesome. 8-)

Creamy

Broken Age,
Indiana Jones and the Seven Cities of Gold,
Kingdom of Ehcilc ,

...And Kate and Shelly, of course.

Galen

Technobabylon definitely. Looks schweet and I really enjoyed all of the freeware releases.
Shardlight too, Ben's games always tickle a particular itch.

Supposedly I can also look forward to Samorost 3, the hopefully more palatable controls of the remake of Grim Fandango, and many other wonderful non-AGS creations.
Even The Black Glove and Return of the Obra Dinn depending on how tight your definition of an adventure game is.

Stupot

T-Bab, fo' sho'. Also Latency, Shardlight, Kathy Rain, A Poison Green and Alum (hope they are all out in 2015, anyway).

Also looking forward to Syberia 3 and Broken Age Part 2 (so I can actually play part 1 as well).

AnasAbdin

I can't wait to play SpaceVenture

And these are some AGS games that I really hate and not going to play EVER:
The Antipode prologue  lousy art and a very boring idea.
A Pug's Life  Puppies? ewww...
Guard Duty  This one is the worst I'm going not to play it the moment it's released.
The Visitor 3  You know how I hate space themed games.
Rough State  Extremely boring and the characters suck.
Shardlight  Meh..
The Lone Planet  Again, space...
Captain Disaster in: Death Has A Million Stomping Boots  It just sucks.
LSL1 Remake  A remake of my least favorite game...
Kingdom of Ehcilc  I'm out of insults.
The Legend of Hand  (wrong)
The Knobbly Crook  It looks like the artists were in a hurry... bad bad art.
Troll Song  Hated it from day 1.
Kate and Shelly Stick Together  Hate it.
LANCELOT'S HANGOVER  (wrong)
Tales  NEVER.
Technobabylon  The suckiest of them all.

Also, some bum here sent me a screenshot of a probably cancelled game that I really hate and not gonna play it in my mind.
I really didn't mean the insults I am dreaming about playing these games everyday!

Edit: Striking the ones I've already not played  (laugh)

CaptainD

Anas, how on earth are you going to find time to not play all these games? :-D

AnasAbdin

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 07/01/2015 09:06:21how on earth

You're not a smart man like me. I'm moving to Neptune for a longer year 8-)

CaptainD

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 07/01/2015 09:26:02

I wish I could be as smart as you when I grow up... :grin:

arj0n

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Wed 07/01/2015 09:26:02

To prove you're a real smart man you'll have to finish Epoch asap! :P

Gribbler

Gurok

Neither of my two most anticipated have been mentioned yet: Death Wore Endless Feathers and Mage's Initiation.

Death Wore Endless Feathers has amazingly crisp sprites and closeups. It's going to be a joy to play.
I backed Mage's Initiation on Kickstarter and I'm really hoping it comes out this year.

There's also Epoch, Troll Song, Tales and Latency which I'm now looking forward to after playing All the Way Down.

As far as games outside AGS go, I too am waiting for Broken Age Part 2. And when Hero-U comes out, I'll probably be incommunicado for a weekend or two.

Thanks everyone for the mentions :D
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

arj0n

Yes, Mage's Initiation, I forgot to mention that one!

Kitty Trouble

Dreamfall Chapters (The Longest Journey), since I only just recently played the other ones, followed by episode 1. Not sure how many episodes, if any, will be released in 2015, but looking forward to those the most.

Besides the other games I've been waiting for for years which won't likely see a 2015 release, not sure if there are any really. Played Indy and the Gold of Genghis Khan (part 1), that game was decent and would play the sequels.

Lasca

I'm definitly looking forward to all the AGS games previously mentioned. I can't believe there's so many high quality titels in production on this forum.
BEsides Ags games I'm also looking forward to "The Interactive Adventures of Dog Mendonça & Pizzaboy". I'm a sucker for nice graphics, and this is eyecandy.
Now to quit school and leave my family so I'll have time to play all these great games!

monkey424

I've got a lot of catching up to do.. I'm still playing games from 2004! :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk