Nathan Allen Pinard

QuoteNikolas Sideris - Music and Sound

Good Choice  ;D ;D ;D

Nikolas

LMAO! YAY! For the bump!  8)

DazJ

Absolutely amazing... :)

CosmoQueen

Oooo this looks very good!! The graphics are astounding! Plus, I love games where you can control multiple characters.
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

ambientcoffeecup

Megabump.

I wont usually follow a game past page 1 because I think by that point it is either caught up in some kind of promotional topic drama or ********** *********, but I guess I felt the need to post on this one, it looks sweet as hell.

What kind of timeframe are you tacking on for the completion of this game? I know it's impossible to give numbers but this year? next year? I'm always thrown off by these ambitious projects that never see the light of day and I'm excited to see how this one turns out so I'll be keeping a close eye on it I guess. Keep us updated.

edit by darth - I'm not a cuss-word natzi or anything but jeeze!  take it down a notch!
There's this thing... Jazz.

Vince Twelve

Ooh, I've definitely been lacking in the updates lately.  Got busy with Nanobots for a while.  Now gearing up for my move from Japan to America.

As for the timeframe, it depends on a lot of things.  It's a free time project for everyone involved since I can't pay enough for full-time dedication.  I'd love to have it done by Christmas, but I don't think that's realistic.  Unless I win the lottery or something!  When I get close enough to estimate a date, I'll do so, but all I can say for sure at this point is that it's not going to be very soon!  Sorry!

dirk delshire

It's ok, I think it's worth the wait.  ;D
OMEGA Works Lead Director
Sometimes the art defines the artist but I believe artist defines himself...

spc1208

hmmmmm..... the only thing I can say is well, NICE!!  cant wait to play it

Vince Twelve

Christmas present bump!

Click through for the bigger version

Also: Deirdra Kiai is the newest member of the team!  She's helping me out with the dialog writing and she's super awesome!

Thanks for the patience!

Peder 🚀

It's lovely ;D.

I guess these are the 4 playable characters?

Vince Twelve

Yessir!

I should have copy/pasted the short explanation from my blog:

QuoteThe first (of… possibly more?) official Resonance poster shows off the four playable characters and the many varied emotions found throughout the game. Like “Surprised” and “Crying” and… “Headache”. So pretty much the whole gamut. Print it up and hang it in your locker!

qptain Nemo

I won't be very original but I'd say that it's simply awesome premise for a game! Wishin' you the best of luck!

And Vince, is there a way you can tell how far has the progress with the game gone?  :P

Vince Twelve

It's hard to estimate the overall progress or when we'll be done.  To be honest, I had originally planned to have this done by Christmas 2008.  Obviously, we're far behind where we wanted to be.  But quality takes time!  And it is quality!

ALPHATT

The STM is very uniqe. I'm really looking forward this one.
I don't know anything about the LTM yet...='(
/sig

Vince Twelve

A little info in here:  Resonance Developers Diary #3

Basically, it's just a "What's happened in the game so far" collection of memories, as well as some character back-story memories.  These are used in some dialog puzzles where you have to bring up previous events and can be used to flesh out characters by talking to other characters about things that have happened.

Minimi

I am so eagerly awaiting this game! Because of this project I check now and then the boards for it's release! Hopefully this year... btw, is going to be free, or commercial? Not that it matters, only for the GUI I would buy it!

So just here my personal praises to the project, for stimulance to continue! :)

ALPHATT

It is going to be a commercial game.

Is it going to include full voice-over?
/sig

Galen

It's commercial.
I don't think he mentioned anything about voiceovers. I do hope so ;)

Vince Twelve

Yes, it will be commercial.  Sorry, but I'm not expecting to get rich from this, just hoping to make back the investment I put into it.

As far as voice overs, I haven't said anything about that yet, because I didn't want to commit myself to something.  I'll tell you what I'm planning, though.  As you can see in the developer diary video linked to in the first post, the characters use thought bubbles while thinking to themselves, like when examining items in the room.  I think that these will not have voice overs.  However, the spoken lines of dialog (which use a speech bubble instead of a thought bubble) will be voiced.

The reason for this is that there is a freaking huge amount of text in the game.  Remember, you can add pretty much any item you see to your memory and then talk to any character in the game about that item.  I'm trying my best to give a large number of those interactions unique text.  That creates a lot of things to talk about.  So, to cut a corner, I'm planning for only spoken text to be voiced.  Internal dialog stays internal.

Does this sound like a good solution to you?  Would anyone be upset by that?

Nikolas

I wouldn't be upset! It would save me time editing the voice acting files!  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk