{LoseInv(09),} - RELEASE SOMETHING 2009 (February 22) NOW!11!

Started by Mr_Frisby, Tue 10/02/2009 09:27:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Kastchey

So to help you reach three pages, here's my 'get started with AGS' game attempt, never to be finished. I wanted to make a short game based on a story by a certain American author, but never got past the first room :)

Unfinished sprite sheet of a XVIIIth century ex-soldier, who was intended to be one of the two playable characters:

The only background I made for the game, XVIIIth and early XXth century versions:

Unfinished sketch for an old colonial style house, the main location for the game:

Opening screen:

And a lineart for the other playable character, the XXth century one blended into opening screen
Link - I don't want to stretch this post any more

Jeopardy

Jeopardy Games "The Totem of Souls" Currently in production
The Other Side of the WORLD my webcomic

SpacePirateCaine

Agreed, it looks awesome, Kastchey. I'd love to see this game built up further - the setting is really unique as adventure games go, and I could definitely see it being very well received.

And to keep on track, I'm adding a piece that I did a few days ago for a project I'm not sure will see the light of day, since I'm having way too much trouble with the backgrounds - incidentally planned for the current MAGS competition.

The F-191 "Minogame" powered EVA armor. It wasn't going to play a huge role in the game, but I designed the main character wearing one of these babies.

I've been putting a lot of thought into a story for the game, but I really need to focus on Kinky Island again.
Check out MonstroCity! | Level 0 NPCs on YouTube! | Life's far too short to be pessimistic.

Matti

SpacePirate, I'd love to see that suit in a game with backgrounds like the mars (or whatever planet) surface you posted in the Critics Lounge a while ago.

Not only would I love to play a sci-fi-adventure that doesn't only takes place on a ship, but I really like your style.

Kastchey

QuoteI wanna play this game!
QuoteAgreed, it looks awesome, Kastchey. I'd love to see this game built up further - the setting is really unique as adventure games go, and I could definitely see it being very well received.
Wow, thanks. Now I'm closer to freezing my latest idea in making and focusing back on this one.. especially that the latest one would require some more advanced scripting, and scripting is really not my forte.

Dualnames

Wow this looks really good. Especially the character sprite..!! :D
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

uncle-mum

The next Stediddy game was going to be "3D" as in it was going to be made out of cardboards and the like but I only ever got as far as making Stediddy himself...

Kastchey

So one more thing from me... this is what I've been working on after I dropped the above project, but now I think I'd rather focus back on the old one. So here goes the now-freezed newer one. Placeholder title: Parasites. Late Baroque background, otherworldly parasitic beings, dead rising and inquisitorial hunt included (or to-be-included).

The first background for the game, a castle ballroom. Don't mind the awkward ceiling please, as the whole picture is still far from finished.

And a larger version here (I cut out the GUI area):

Character portraits:
Portrait 1
Portrait 2
Portrait 3
Sketches

Gilbert

15th should've been passed for all places in the world now, so time to gt this done. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk