From concept to functional BG (Applying for Monkey Island remake colorist)

Started by Nacho, Sun 12/02/2006 14:13:14

Previous topic - Next topic

biothlebop

That is awesome. I get a sci-fi feeling from it (mostly thanks to the green sky).
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

Bartimaeus

That looks very nice, but the sea is a little too dark - I can barely see it at all.
~The more adventures I go on, the more sand I get in my shoes

scourge

That looks awesome cpage! Love how you did the mountain especially.

cpage

Thanks for the kind words! I am on my computer at work and now it looks all black (my monitor here sucks).
So i see there are a couple of things that need to change,
1 The color of the sky so it doesnt look Sci fi and 2 increase the brightness of the water
Any more suggestions?

Sam.

It looks a little too "clean". You maybe need to add a few more rocks down the mountainside, as well as roughen up the shores a bit, they still look a bit sharp. I think the sky colour is fine, you just need something to break it up, maybe some clouds?
Bye bye thankyou I love you.

cpage

yeah the clouds will be included in the animations and any ideas about "unsharpening" the shoreline?

biothlebop

I meant the Sci-fi thing as a good thing, but it's mostly because it looks lighter closer to the horizon, like a giant spaceship with green lights was out of sight. Also you make the transition from light to dark much more fluently on the right side than on the left, which makes the left side look like the dark part of land was much further away and the middle thing was a peninsula of sorts.
Hell is like Tetris, make sure that you fit.

Nacho

Hello dear Monkey Island accollites. Make my game! Just kidding! ;)

The experiment is going quite good! great backgrounds.

Now It's time to be honest. The game would probably be monkey 1.5, not a remake. IMO Monkey Island 1 was perfect.

Allow me to excuse me for my absence. My computer hasn't been able to connect AGS and now it works, in a misterious way.

I am waiting for that clouds, CPage. The other guys might go on working, the competition is close. Can I hire three colorists? I might make a second private competition! :D
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

cpage

Sorry guys i cant get the clouds to look right  :'(
Great work in this thread so far lets see some more

cpage

Saberteeth

Aaah, I was looking forward to this project.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Nacho

So... Do I go for a second pencil sketch, or do we keep this in private CPage? You are the winner... if you want to.   ^_^

Scummbuddy

- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

buloght

Well done cpage! Way to colour :)

When does the spriting start? I'd love to enter that compo.

Nacho

Hehehe... I don't know Buloght... I don't know if I am allowed to start a new compo. But I will do the pencil sketch, that's for sure!

If you want to enter I will pass the sketch to you, be patient.

Scummbuddy... Paco Vink is cool, but he hasn't entered in the compo!!!  :D

cpage

hey man you keep sketching em i'll keep coloring! altho i do kinda like the idea of doing one more sketch just to make sure it wasnt a fluke  :P
Farl if you want to send me another sketch or just post it so everybody can take a whack at it that would be great!

Nacho

I would be very pleased to use this board to keep with the experiment, but I feel like if I was kidnapping this board. I think I will make the second part of the compo by PMs.

Mods, if you want to lock this thread, I am at your disposal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk