Danny Dread is on Call.

Started by GreenBoy, Wed 02/12/2009 10:43:53

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenBoy

STORY:

It's just typical isn't it.  You're planing on having a relaxing day, maybe going to the movies or having a quiet drink at home with friends and what happens?  You get called up by your boss and next thing you know you're expected at work within the next 20 minutes.

Groan, so annoying.  It's even worse when your boss is an egomaniacal, mad scientist (cliche? Of course. 8)) and you promised your girlfriend that you would take her out on the town.  Oh no, you know that girl is crazy.

So what do you do?  Get in, get it done and get out.

Well, thats the plan anyway...

SCREENSHOTS:

DOWNLOAD:

Click here for game page.

FEATURES:

* Classic 320 x 240 resolution.
* 16 music tracks.
* Some jokes.
* 3 playable screens.  Wow.
* Fun for whole family.  #
* Now features 2nd language option of Italian!!!  Wow, I feel so international.

# Fun not guaranteed.

CREDITS

Green Boy: Story, Graphics & Scripting.
Mods: Music.
Arj0n: Testing.
Leon: Testing.
Thollmigul: Testing.
PuNKKoMmANDO77: Italian Translation.

Thanks to everyone who helped out with the game and to those supportive ones in the AGS community.

poc301

I am going to have to check this out.

Any game with an interface button for "Kick" has got to be good.

-Bill

Bulbapuck

It's completed?
YAAAAY!
Gaaah, to many awesome games to play.. I'll play this after I finish McCarthy ep1 and aeronuts.

Congratulations on completing the game! :)

Mazzymay

I love the clown sprite.  I am going to get this one sometime this week.

GreenBoy

Thanks guys hopefully you will enjoy playing it.

Quote from: Bulbapuck on Wed 02/12/2009 10:51:49
Gaaah, to many awesome games to play..

I know I've been too busy to play all the gaming goodness that's been coming out lately.

Not now though.  Huh huh huh   8)

m0ds

Awesome! I've uploaded it also to this location in case you want to add a mirror. Well done on release!

Leon

Congrats! Great game! Good soundtrack as well..
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

arj0n

Dreadly funny game  ;)

And congrats on your 1st release Ctn Moridin!!

GreenBoy

Cheers fellas. 

I couldn't of done it without you guys.  :'(  whoops getting emotional here.  I'll stop that.

arj0n

No time for getting emo, Cpt Moridin is On Call for making a 2nd game :P

Snake

Geez, I gotta get playing. Featherweight (still have yet to play), AeroNuts, McCarthy and now this?!

Blargh. Downloading...
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

abstauber

Great game. I've finished this weekend and liked a lot.

You really put a lot of effort into the animations and the music is very good too.
But then I got stuck and had to "trial and error" myself through a passage
Spoiler
balloon+key+lightning = string ?!?!
[close]
Also I would have liked to kick more things...

Anyway, your game has a lot of a mature maniac mansion game. I'm looking forward to your next title.

arj0n

Quote from: abstauber on Mon 07/12/2009 08:32:37
Anyway, your game has a lot of a mature maniac mansion game. I'm looking forward to your next title.
Seconded

GreenBoy

Thanks abstauber.  I have to admit I was kinda worried about that puzzle because it was a little bit random, I tried to balance out the clues a wee bit but maybe I should of made it a bit more obvious.  If I hadn't worked the puzzle out in the first place I'm pretty sure that's where I would of got stumped.   ::)

Helme

Nice to see that other people are not that lazy with animations than I am.
Except from the animations, the game felt okay, nothing outstanding good or bad. I'm not sure why, but the game was less funny and immersive than I expected. But thats a good premise for improvements for the next title.

cat

Cute game, nice humour but
Spoiler
the poor sheep  :'(
[close]

GreenBoy

Quote from: cat on Wed 09/12/2009 18:37:24
Cute game, nice humour but
Spoiler
the poor sheep  :'(
[close]

It was for a good cause though.   ;)

arj0n

Haven't seen any comments about this part of the game:

Anyone tried to
Spoiler
put more sheep, one by one ofcourse, in the machine when Danny's girlfriend has been caged to see these sheep metamorphose into welknown characters? Just fetch a sheep and put it in the machine and watch the metamorphose, then fetch another sheep and put it in the machine and watch the metamorphose, etc.
[close]

Snake

Nice game so far, Green Boy! I laughed right away on the title screen when he says;
"I'll be there as soon as I can."
Then proceeds to stand there and smoke a cigarette.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Scarab

Just finished it then, very good, the artwork and animations were top notch (Is it just me, or the talking animations for short words are specifically animated to be mouthing the actual words, like when he answers his phone in the openning sequence?).
There were a few curveballs in the puzzles but the jokes made me laugh, especially the one about people not being objects.
The music was good, and half of the main song reminded me of Art of Theft and the other of RON.
All in all, short game, but very enjoyable. Looking forward to the next one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk