20th, 21th & 22th May

Started by Khris, Fri 20/05/2011 17:05:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 21/05/2011 04:09:12
How am I supposed to enjoy heaven if Steve Jobs is there? I don't want to spend eternity with such a tool.  >:(

Yeah... ah... my mother-in-law informed my wife tonight that I can't bring my Atari into Heaven. What the fuck is that shit?

No Atari + Steve Jobs = >:(, :-\ & :'(
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Ponch

Quote from: Snake on Sat 21/05/2011 06:06:41
Yeah... ah... my mother-in-law informed my wife tonight that I can't bring my Atari into Heaven. What the fuck is that shit?

No Atari + Steve Jobs = >:(, :-\ & :'(

I can't bring my Atari 2600 with me? But I already packed Dark Caverns and Raiders of the Lost Ark! What sort of heaven is this supposed to be? This sounds more like some sort of government subsidized heaven. Is there going to be a nicer, gated community heaven down the street from us filled with Game Boys and non-apple PCs? At least tell me I can bring my Amiga 500! I need something to cling to for comfort during the rapture! It's all becoming very upsetting!

Snake

I was also informed that there's no electricity, which is one of the reasons for no Atari 2600. No electricity in Heaven?? What kind of magical place is this supposed to be anyway!?

I told her I'd rather stay here with the zombies ;)

Ponch

Quote from: Snake on Sat 21/05/2011 06:18:58
I was also informed that there's no electricity

What? Well, screw that. You know what west Texas has? Me. Me and my gasoline powered generator and lots and lots of guns. If you think you can make it through the undead hordes of the damned, then bring your Atari and come to El Paso. We'll hole up in the compound and spend the rest of eternity trying to figure out how to host a LAN party using two Atari 2600s. But be sure to bring some decent games. God help you if you show up with nothing but Pong and Night Driver!

Ali

Sorry to stay on the un-funny branch of this topic!

Quote from: Khris on Fri 20/05/2011 23:49:57
DMD: What's more important? Free expression without fear from religious bullying or not hurting the feelings of a few fundamentalists?

Definitely the former!

But the belief that Mohammed should not be depicted is held by many Muslims, not just fundamentalists. If DMD was attacking death by stoning, or some attitudes to women within Islam then I would support it. As it is, it strikes me as an effort to antagonise Muslims (including moderates), and it's unlikely to promote the tolerance which free expression depends on.

Atelier

I'm so getting a tshirt printed saying "I Survived Armageddon"

mkennedy

Has anybody here seen episode 1406 of South Park? I missed the 10 PM airing and when I went to watch the reapeat at midnight they showed a different episode instead. If the prophet Mohammed is depicted respectfully then I have no problem with it. If however he is portrayed in a way that is meant to be offensive then it bothers me. We'd probably be better off sticking to making fun of Bin Laden anyway.

As for the world ending on the 21st if that was going to be the date of rapture now God would change it to make all the doom speakers look like fools, and I imagine that would not leave him too happy.

Snarky

Well, it's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel... a bit hungry.

If I had the artistic chops, I'd like to draw a bio-comic of Mohammad using Disney characters for all the parts. Then the fundamentalists and corporate lawyers could fight over who'd get me first. When I was a kid there was a whole series of books like that, with Goofy as Columbus, Da Vinci, Galilei, etc. (Biased towards Italian figures since they were made in Italy.)

Ponch

I have to say this rapture thingie was a bit of a let down. Oh well, I wasn't looking forward to fighting off waves of zombies anyway. Does anyone know when the next end of the world is going to occur?

Calin Leafshade

I don't want to piss on anyones strawberries but eh.. I've just been raptured.

Yeah, basically what's happened is that everyone else on earth got their religious practises slightly wrong. Purely by luck, it seems that I lived my life *exactly* as the Lord God intended.

Don't worry too much though. The Big G tells me that your deaths wont be *too* painful and agonising and that hell is only slightly awe-inspiringly horrifying.

Wyz

My first impression is that hell doesn't look that much different from earth. See, we were screwed even before the Armageddon, so now it actually doesn't make much difference, so it actually worked in our favour.
Well good luck in heaven, I hear they don't have computer games there, oh well, tough.  :D
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Stee

I hope these guys are some of the ones to get cast into the abyss:

<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Phemar

Quote from: Stee on Sun 22/05/2011 00:28:53
I hope these guys are some of the ones to get cast into the abyss:

What's a MAG?

Ponch

God hates MAGS? Why? Some really fun games have come out of that. I don't think this guy is legit. Let me go get a bible and look it up...

Nope. Turns out God doesn't care for a whole lot of things, but He (apparently) has no beef with MAGS.

Also, Calin, congrats on living the perfect life. I can only assume it was linux based or something. Well done.

Dualnames

I finally realized that god doesn't exist.
I've been an atheist before, but recently (last 3-4 years) I was truly believing in God.

How i came into this conclusion has nothing to do with this topic or anything said, i just wanted to say something irrelevant somewhere and let it out.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

LUniqueDan

"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Khris

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 22/05/2011 02:24:46
I finally realized that god doesn't exist.
I've been an atheist before, but recently (last 3-4 years) I was truly believing in God.

Welcome back, and enjoy the ride :)

Snake

Quote from: Ponch on Sat 21/05/2011 06:31:13
Quote from: Snake on Sat 21/05/2011 06:18:58
I was also informed that there's no electricity

What? Well, screw that. You know what west Texas has? Me. Me and my gasoline powered generator and lots and lots of guns. If you think you can make it through the undead hordes of the damned, then bring your Atari and come to El Paso. We'll hole up in the compound and spend the rest of eternity trying to figure out how to host a LAN party using two Atari 2600s. But be sure to bring some decent games. God help you if you show up with nothing but Pong and Night Driver!

I was going to reply to this yesterday, but my brother came over and we ended up listening to AC/DC records and getting drunk.

I laughed and laughed when I read your replies ;D Especially the LAN idea. Hell, we've got eternity, why the hell not, eh?

I've got a few good games for Atari, but rest assured, I will be getting more. Here is the list of my games (in Alphabetical order, of course!):

Asteroids
Berzerk
Bowling
Combat
Defender
Donkey Kong
Dragonfire (the fucking most intense and joyful game ever created)
Frogger
Haunted House (scary! perfect for being surrounded by zombies)
Jungle Hunt
Night Driver (I laughed almost out of my seat when I read, "God help you if you show up with nothing but Pong and Night Driver!")
Missile Command
Ms. Pac-Man
Pac-Man
Pitfall! (I need to find Pitfall 2)
RealSports BASEBALL
RealSports FOOTBALL
Space Invaders
Super Breakout
Vangaurd
Video Olympics (PONG PONG PONG PONG PONG!!! Endless fun - which is needed for the extent of eternity)
Warlords (very very fun!)

Also, I would bring my turntable and records, but I fear that would be too heavy, thus risking my life even more:

But... even though in the event of a zombie apocalypse would I LOVE to make it to your hole in the ground and spend eternity playing Atari and picking off zombies with cool guns whilst listening to If You Want Blood (You Got It) by AC/DC, I will not be traveling to a higher populated area. FUCK that. I'm staying right here in good old secluded St. Albans, Maine :=

Ponch

You'd rather stay in Maine?  :o  Haven't you ever read a Stephen King book? Only bad things happen in Maine.

If you should change your mind next summer when Rapture 2: Apocalypse Boogaloo rolls around, then you're still welcome in the compound. (Berzerk is the same as a "Get In Free" card as far as I'm concerned. But if you want to shoot at zombies with the bigger guns in my collection, you'd better do us both a favor and leave Night Driver in Maine for the mist monsters to eat).  :=

InCreator

I'd love to see Operation UFO succeed.  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk