The Disney Ride: PotC

Started by Meowster, Wed 01/10/2003 21:12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Meowster

Since I was 10 years old I wanted to go on Pirates of the Caribbean. It inspired MI, for heavens sake, of course I did. Anyway, now it's inspired a  movie too.

So naturally, when I was told we were going to Disneyland, Paris on our school tour... I was all like, "YAY!" And Sorcha was all like, "Sometimes they cancel the Disneyland Trip" and I'm all like, "Well I'll demand a refund if they do!" And she was all like, "I don't even think PotC is IN Disneyland Paris." And I was all like, "Yes, it is!" And she said, "I think that's in Disneyland Florida." And I'm all like, "I hate you!" And then I started crying and was all like, "But Ron Gilbert..." And she was all like, "Yeah, where does he live?" And I was all like, "San Francisco" And she's all like, "And where's that?" And I'm all like, "In America" And she's all like, "Where in America?" And I was like, "California" and she's like, "And what else is in california?" And I'm all like, "...Florida?" And she's all like, "So do you think he flew to paris to visit disneyland, instead of just driving a few miles down the road?" And I'm all like, "That's a stupid exaggeration!"

Here's my question. Please somebody, tell me... where is Pirates of the Caribbean??? Paris or Florida?

Privateer Puddin'

well, i know for a fact its in florida, but florida has space mountain, aswell as paris so they might have one :)

Privateer Puddin'

according to some reviews on google, paris has the BEST potc ride!

Meowster

Oh my god, YES! Oh my god, YES! Oh my god, YES!!! OH MY GOD, YESS!!!!

But... is it in french? I don't speak french talk very well. Unless they're sort of sociable pirates that like saying hi, and telling you how many brothers and sisters they have.

Privateer Puddin'

i very much doubt the song would be in french, it would ruin it :)

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Whoa whoa hang on a second... there's someone else in your school apart from you who actually knows who Ron Gilbert is?! The statistical probablility of that must be tiny! (there's generally a limit of one adventure game geek within a 5 mile radius)

Privateer Puddin'

yes, i should edit my posts, but im lazy

photographic evidence

http://www.mickey-mouse.com/picdlppiratesofthecaribbean.htm

now the bad news: it may be in french

"A really good family boat ride, spoilt for English speaking visitors by the amount of French spoken be the characters inside the ride.  Watch out for the small drop inside and be prepared to get slightly wet."

Meowster

Yay! And Nay!

Everybody in my school knows who Tim Schafer and Ron Gilbert are. I made sure of that. They sort of hate them at this stage.

Hell, in the computer club, guess who the mentor is?

Meowster

Yeah! Ireland is great because you can be an extreme example of the true american 'geek' and people actually think it's awesome. Because people in Ireland aren't as technologically advanced as americans/brits. So when I started a computer club in school, a bunch of people joined, just because the thought it was cool.

I'm trying to teach them AGS, which is hard, because I can't really use it that well.

Oh, that reminds me. Expect a newbie flood from Ireland any... minute... NOW.

Yeah, just kidding.

Kind of.

Domino

I am not sure if Disneyland Paris has Pirates of the Carribean, but i know for sure that both Disneyland (California) and Walt Disney World (Florida) have the ride.

shawn

Privateer Puddin'

florida, california, tokyo and paris do, i believe thats all.

Sluggo

Well the one in California is the original so it's the best.   ;)

How would they translate "Drink up me 'earties yo ho!" into French?

Meowster

Je M'appelle 'Hearty' yeaux heaux!

Privateer Puddin'

uh, that was wrong yufster, Je M'appelle is 'my name is', is it not?

Meowster

No, it means "Drink it up, me hearties!"

Don't you know anything???

|Alky|

I believe the French one is better, because they have a resturant sorta built into the ride, so you see people eating in a spanish style resturant, and it's all cool an' all. At least I think that was in France.

Anyhow, on that subject, I finding out a while ago there's a ride in the Japaneese theme park like "Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth" ^_^. I'm not kidding, y'know. But they shortened it to the more catchey "Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull in the Lost River Delta", but it's about the search for the fountain of youth. Crazy, huh? ^_^
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

Privateer Puddin'

Trapezoid

Does it matter? There's probably nothing funnier than pirates yelling in French.
Well, I guess Dutch or German would be funnier. Japanaese would be even funnier.
But French is pretty darn funny.

Meowster

Yeah, Babelfish lies a lot. You should probably ignore it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk